Frist time grow .. Auto's/Cfl's

• Thread starter shado
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shado

For my first grow i've gone with 2 auto strains, Auto Kaya47 and Auto Skunk Mass from Advanced Seeds.
I started them 4 weeks ago but i'll put up some pics from the start and update it every few days after that.

My grow space for the moment is a closet in a spare room,closet is 2.5' x 1.5' and up too 4' high.
I'm using cfl's with a total of 150w at the moment,consisting of 2x30w 6400k and 6x15w 2700k on a 20/4 light cycle from start to finish. At some stage in the future i might get a hps.

Nutes aren't easy for me to come by where i am, and for my first run i'll be using soiltabs and flowertabs from nirvanashop.com,which seem to have great reviews from there website and other forums i've come across.I'll also be using molasses. I will be getting some biobizz or ionic nutes in the near future and will probably compare them to the tabs. I haven't used the soiltabs in the veg stage as the soil would contain enough nutes for the 3-4weeks until they start to flower.They were also repotted at day 16 from 500ml pots to 6-7 liter pots and i did give them some molasses at day 19 and again at day 26.Will probably keep giving that once every week up till the last 2 weeks.

For ventilation i just keep the closet door open a little :D lol and i have 3 small pc fans inside the closet. My tepms are 25C/77F lights on and 20C/68F lights out. Humidity ranges from 47%-60%.

I was using water straight from the tap until i got a Ph test kit and it was about 6.8-7.0 so now i'm using bottled water with a Ph of 6.2

Ok so enough writing,time for some pics ....
Starting with seed germination to day11

Aky47 cracked 2
Asm cracked

Aky47 day3
Asm day3

Aky47 day5
Asm day5

Aky47 day8
Asm day8

Aky47 day11
Asm day11

To Be Continued .....

S

shado

Ok some more pics ....

AKY47 Day13
AKY47 Day15

ASM Day13
ASM Day15

Day16 both repotted to 6-7 liter pots

ASM Day16 1
ASM Day16 2

AKY47 Day16 1
AKY47 Day16 2

AKY47 Day20

I'm planning on trying Lst and a SCRoG on my next grow so i decided to give Lst a go on 1 of my autos to get a little practice. I've heard Lst on auto's is not really recommended as they dont have much veg time but i tried a little anyway to see how it got on. I basically just tied it down to 1 side so it grew paralllel to the soil....

ASM Day19

S

shado

Another little update. After been repotted the plants grew a little but then seemed to stop growing for a day or 2 then they both just shot up. Also i think they have just started to flower.not 100% of this as its my first grow.

These pics were taken at day26

AKY47 Day26 1
AKY47 Day26 2

And the 1 i tried the Lst on...

ASM Day26 1
ASM Day26 2

So thats it for now. Thats the first 4 weeks of my first grow, i'll be back in a few days with another update and hopefully some budsite pics.

Thanks for watching. All comments welcome.

P

Producer

Cool Shado! Good job man!
I know you put allot of time in this journal.
I'll keep popping in bro!
Your pics from Day 26 look very good!
Im impressed. Because you LST'd the Auto Skunk Mass maybe you can raise it a little closer to the light or something. Put a book under it or what not.
That way you can try and keep the canopy heights the same.
But ya bro! Looks awesome! Props!

S

shado

Cool Shado! Good job man!
I know you put allot of time in this journal.
I'll keep popping in bro!
Your pics from Day 26 look very good!
Im impressed. Because you LST'd the Auto Skunk Mass maybe you can raise it a little closer to the light or something. Put a book under it or what not.
That way you can try and keep the canopy heights the same.
But ya bro! Looks awesome! Props!

Thanks man. I actually have raised the Auto Skunk right up to the lights. I did have the canopy height roughly the same but a few branches shot up more than the others so i might have to try tie the bigger ones down a little. I was thinking of making a mini screen to put over it and get a mini SCRoG going.

S

shado

A little help or advice needed.
The day after i watered both plants some leaves started showing some yellowing on the tips and the sides.
When i watered i mixed 1 teaspoon of molasses with 1.5 liters of water and gave each about 700ml.
Is this nute burn from the molasses? Should i lay off on it or water it down more before feeding?

Here are some pics....

PA020005
PA020008

PA020011
PA020014

PA020015

P

Producer

Hmmm...well at least its not that bad.
But truthfully I dont know bro...
I've never used Molasses..So its not my strong suite..
It does sort of look like Nute burn though.
Maybe your next watering just give them plain old PH'd water and lay off the nutes and molasses.

S

shado

Ya thankfully it doesn't look that bad,just a few leaves showing the yellow tips. First time i gave molasses just 1 leaf tip yellowed and the second time a few more.
But i wont be giving molasses for the next watering, I only give them some once a week.
The only thing i'm thinking/worried about is if a little molasses is doing that,what will happen when i put in the flowertabs,which i was planning to do this week.

Anyone else out there reading this thread that uses molasses maybe ye could chime in.

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Ya thankfully it doesn't look that bad,just a few leaves showing the yellow tips. First time i gave molasses just 1 leaf tip yellowed and the second time a few more.
But i wont be giving molasses for the next watering, I only give them some once a week.
The only thing i'm thinking/worried about is if a little molasses is doing that,what will happen when i put in the flowertabs,which i was planning to do this week.

Anyone else out there reading this thread that uses molasses maybe ye could chime in.

Did you get any of the water on the leaves with the molasses ? I was using 1 TBL spoon per gallon ,and would see random spots. Are they crunchy spots,like if you feel them are they crunchy or just discolored. I backed off to 1 tsp every gallon and problem resolved, But Producer pointed out I was foilage feeding with seaweed at to high of a ratio,So to be honest I dont know which one 100% cured it maybe both :whew

Missed one part are u putting the soil tab in, and if so how many,where the spots after mixing the molasses into the soil with the tabs ?

S

shado

Did you get any of the water on the leaves with the molasses ? I was using 1 TBL spoon per gallon ,and would see random spots. Are they crunchy spots,like if you feel them are they crunchy or just discolored. I backed off to 1 tsp every gallon and problem resolved, But Producer pointed out I was foilage feeding with seaweed at to high of a ratio,So to be honest I dont know which one 100% cured it maybe both :whew

Missed one part are u putting the soil tab in, and if so how many,where the spots after mixing the molasses into the soil with the tabs ?

Hey CrippledArcher thanks for the comment.
Some of the lower leaves may have got a little splash when been watered but its the leaves higher up that are discolored.They are not crunchy,just discolored and maybe a little weakened where the discoloring is.
I do have a 1 or 2 crunchy leaf tips at the top but thats coz they were touching the light for too long due to the plants growing faster than i moved the lights up.
And no i haven't put any soiltabs in, too short of a veg time with Autos to be giving them the soiltabs. just giving water every2/3 days and molasses once a week (started that last week).

When you say problem resloved, is that no more spots or they cleared up?

P

Producer

Hey guys.
I know Nutes can be pretty tricky sometimes and cause all kinds of plant or leaf deficiency or often might cause a lock out which would stop the plant from receiving vital needs.
Here's a quick leaf deficiency chart that will help you isolate whatever problem you might be facing. It was personally allot of use to me.

Leavedeficiencies

If you can properly Identify what you think the problem is, let me know and i will help out best I can to help you guys fix it.
Producer.

S

shado

Auto Kaya47/ Auto Skunk Mass​

Day 30

Update time. Plants are at day 30 since germination.
Gave them a flush today, plain water with a Ph of 6.2,
Run off was about 6.6 - 7.0 (not a 100% sure as i'm not using a digital tester).
The next watering, in a few days i'll be putting half a flowertab into each pot and the other half after 2-3wks.

First lot of pics is the Kaya47...

AKY47 Day30 1
AKY47 Day30 2

AKY47 Day30 3

And the Auto Skunk Mass...

ASM Day30 1
ASM Day30 2

ASM Day30 3

Back in a few days with another update... Stay tuned
;)

S

stormannorm

hi shado,nice grow and journal man,those plants look nice and big and bushy.well done on the lst man you've got yourself 3 main branches it will be intresting to see them flower good job im tuned in.peace

S

shado

hi shado,nice grow and journal man,those plants look nice and big and bushy.well done on the lst man you've got yourself 3 main branches it will be intresting to see them flower good job im tuned in.peace

Thanks man, appreciate the comments. I should have another update later,waitin on my camera to charge so i can take some pics

S

shado

Day 37

Auto Kaya47/Auto Skunk Mass

Ok update time again,37 days since germination and about a week and a half to 2 weeks into flower.Thinking i have 4-5 weeks left.
At day 34 i put half a flower tab into each pot and they seem to be doing good.
My Ph run off is still about .3 - .5 higher than whats going in,dont know if thats normal or what!? If anyone could let me know if it is that would be great.

Ok so a few pics...

First off,Auto Kaya 47

AKY47 Day37 1
AKY47 Day37 2

AKY47 Day37 3
AKY47 Day37 5

AKY47 Day37 7

And the Auto Skunk Mass

ASM Day37 1
ASM Day37 3

ASM Day37 4
ASM Day37 5

ASM Day37 15

Thats it for now,I'll have more in a few days time.
As always any comments are welcome and if someone has an answer about the Ph run off,that would be great.

S

shado

Ok i could use a little help here,please.
Since i watered the other day (day37) some leaves are showing some bright yellow spots and some leaves are yellowing and the very bottom leaves and dying off.
I know leaves will yellow towards the end of flowering but i'm at day 40 since germination with another 3-4 weeks left so i dont know if its normal or not.
The yellow spots that started to show i thought at first it was from the lights as they were very close but then other leaves started to show yellow spots that were not near the lights.

First Pics are from the Auto Kaya47 and then the Auto Skunk Mass..

AKY47

ASM

Any comments or advice would be great....

S

shado

Day 46​

Auto Kaya 47 & Auto Skunk Mass​

Just a little update, not much to say really both at day 46 since germination. Skunk Mass should be finished in 2.5 weeks and the Kaya 47 the week after, can't wait. Both are smelling really nice.
As i posted before the nutes i'm using are flowertabs, cant really say if there are doing the job as its my first grow. Last week started adding molasses to the water. The Skunk mass will get 1 more watering with molasses this weekend and after that i'll be flushing it.
The Kaya 47 will keep getting molasses for another week or so.

Auto Skunk Mass

ASM Day46 1
ASM Day46 2

ASM Day46 4

Auto Kaya 47

AKY47 Day46 2
AKY47 Day46 4

When my plants are in the last week, should i let the soil completly dry out???

......................................................................................................

Latest posts

Top Bottom