From The Beginning......micro And Legal...........

• Thread starter Milo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milo

Milo

.........thankfully my state, along with many others this past November, made the cultivation and possession of limited amounts of cannabis for personal adult use fully legal and compliant with the "law" - whatever that means.

Democracy is a good thing, I guess.

So, while I've dreamed about this for years and years, I am now able to safely cultivate some cannabis.

New Year, 2017, and we're starting from the very beginning, first try. Day one - I'm all prepared.

Specs:

- 2' x 2' x 5' reflective GrowLab grow tent
- 2' x 2' HydroFarm Agrobrite T5s - 8 tubes, standard 6400K light
- 150W Mini Sunburst HPS
- 1 exhaust fan, 1 small clip-on fan
- BC Bud Depot, BC Kush, feminized seeds
- FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil
- General Hydroponics Nutrients
- Water
- Time & Patience

Peace, Love, Earthly Goods, and Non-Earthly Thoughts.

From the beginningmicro and legal

From the beginningmicro and legal 2

Milo

Milo

Thank you for the info @Saint Skinny !!

I will keep that in mind!

Being my very first grow though, I just grabbed up what my local store had, so I'll try it out with what I've got for now, but I'm very new to this, so all the info I can get is much appreciated!

I would go with something organic based in FFOF, like roots organics, or if you want to stick with gen hydro (now owned by miracle grow, I wont touch the stuff) theres the general organics line that I had decent sucess with in the past, its more than 3 parts but worth it IMHO. just so you know that soil has enough in it to feed for around 30 days depending on the strain

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

No problem man! There's a ton of peeps with tons of experience and knowledge that would love to help out if and when needed. I hope it goes well for you, and remember, when you run into a problem, try not to get discouraged. Most people have lost a plant or a full harvest to one issue or another, but we just brush it off and consider it a learning experience! It's easy to get bummed when you literally watch all the work and time you put in wither up and Die, but there's always tomorrow! It's nice we don't have to wait almost a year until the next season like if it were a field of corn or something. That would hurt so much more lol My stoned silly self is rambling, anyway good luck amigo!

Milo

Milo

Thanks very much, @Saint Skinny! I am prepared to learn, and will ask questions when needed! Thank you for the encouragement! I hope to see the community grow around this wonderful plant! How much there is for us all to learn about Life, from growing and smoking this lovely weed! Peace!

Orcaman

Orcaman

I would go with something organic based in FFOF, like roots organics, or if you want to stick with gen hydro (now owned by miracle grow, I wont touch the stuff) theres the general organics line that I had decent sucess with in the past, its more than 3 parts but worth it IMHO. just so you know that soil has enough in it to feed for around 30 days depending on the strain
The thing is the Monsanto, Scotts acquisition of General Hydroponics compromised every level of the company including the General Organics the I used from inception to acquisition. I want to recommend Nectar for the Gods. I love this nute line and the people behind it. Go to Oregon's Only Organics and check it out. Using Ocean Forest soil blend be very careful not to overfeed with the guano in the mix, and not at all at first. I like your set up and great looking babe.:)

Milo

Milo

Damn, @Orcaman, thank you! That's a very good thing to know!

I'll certainly look around for those different nutes while I just give my little guys some good light and water for the next 30 days or so!

They're looking to be nice little seedlings!

Peace!

The thing is the Monsanto, Scotts acquisition of General Hydroponics compromised every level of the company including the General Organics the I used from inception to acquisition. I want to recommend Nectar for the Gods. I love this nute line and the people behind it. Go to Oregon's Only Organics and check it out. Using Ocean Forest soil blend be very careful not to overfeed with the guano in the mix, and not at all at first. I like your set up and great looking babe.:)

20170115 171842

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Yeah I had a GO box I bought before they sold out, I prefered the results of Roots organics tbh. I can say I gave GO a try though. Mon-Satan-to has already proven they dont have the customers best interest in mind, just the customers wallet/bank account. I saw a big ass "Black Magic Fertilizer" display at Home Depot about a month ago, it actually gave me the shivers.

I'm going to be giving Soul Synthetics a try in DWC, My first ever hydro experiment was using Roots organics in a 3g dwc bucket, oh the sludge! Looking back I probably didnt have enough air volume going to the bucket, but the product still came out nice. I've done a few DWC buckets since then, but only with Gen Hydro and Supernatural. Im hoping now that I have a clue what Im doing It will be much better than my first run. Soul Synth is supposed to give the best of both worlds. I think they call it "Natural Based" or something like that. since there are organics and synthetics your supposed to get the speed/yield of synthetics and the taste/potency of Organics. Only time will tell!

Milo

Milo

Hahaha, @Saint Skinny, exactly!

I get an urge to check on them like every hour! Being my first real grow tho, it is actually pretty interesting to see every tiny bit of growth or movement! I'm thinking I might start reading them bedtime stories at night!

What a wonderful gift to us humans from the gods!

Peace!

Kinda feels like watching a turtle race that you bet money on, eh? You know nothing too exciting happened in the last 6 hours, but you can't help but look anyway

Hollatchaboi

Hollatchaboi

How far are the lights from the tops? When my beans pop I like to put that light as close as possible (close but not close enough to burn them) with a fan in between to circulate any heat from the plants. Nice setup btw!

Milo

Milo

Thanks, man! @Hollatchaboi

Exactly! I've been doing exactly that - I have them maybe 3 to 4 inches above their pots (which are maybe 2-3 inches taller than the tops of the plants right now haha), closer than that seemed maybe too hot, the T5s do give off a little heat, and just 4 of the 8 bulbs on at the moment while their still young'ns

I've got one of those little clip fans going on in there, to get some air circulation - for sure! It's pretty nice in there for them, I think, stays around 80 degrees F with lights on, and between 50-55% humidity.....

Gee, it really is cool to watch em just inch up, millimeter by millimeter!!!

Can't wait to see what these guys looks like after a couple months - hard to even imagine my little dudes getting as big as some others I see around these forums!!! Damn! I can't wait!

Peace!

How far are the lights from the tops? When my beans pop I like to put that light as close as possible (close but not close enough to burn them) with a fan in between to circulate any heat from the plants. Nice setup btw!

20170118 212814

Beans #1 (above) & #2 (below)

20170118 212800

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Super Skunk bagseed Sprouted 12/21. It was under a 135w ufo LED but now it's just got a single 18" T8. I'm only doing one plant bc we're having trouble with the landlord and we weren't planning on being here long. Now we're at least staying until Mom is done with Chemo :sweating:

IMG 1631
Milo

Milo

Damn, @Saint Skinny, all best wishes for your Mother.........sincerely........

Yeah, I luckily am living in a family member's house, while that family member is living elsewhere for a long while........so felt a freedom and ability to finally try this growing thing out! Those LandLords can be so awful......

Damn, that plant looks beautiful! And just sprouted on 12/21!? ----- Gee, I keep forgetting my guys are just a few days old! This Cannabis plant sure can grow quickly!!

Now, I need to stop being so obsessed and find ways to pass the time!

Peace!

Super Skunk bagseed Sprouted 12/21. It was under a 135w ufo LED but now it's just got a single 18" T8. I'm only doing one plant bc we're having trouble with the landlord and we weren't planning on being here long. Now we're at least staying until Mom is done with Chemo :sweating:

20170119 215007

20170119 214927

Bean #1 (above) & Bean #2 (below)

20170119 214817

The setup

20170119 215613

(Edit: forgot the photos)

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Damn, @Saint Skinny, all best wishes for your Mother.........sincerely........

Yeah, I luckily am living in a family member's house, while that family member is living elsewhere for a long while........so felt a freedom and ability to finally try this growing thing out! Those LandLords can be so awful......

Damn, that plant looks beautiful! And just sprouted on 12/21!? ----- Gee, I keep forgetting my guys are just a few days old! This Cannabis plant sure can grow quickly!!

Now, I need to stop being so obsessed and find ways to pass the time!

Peace!

View attachment 661118

View attachment 661119

View attachment 661120

The setup

View attachment 661121

(Edit: forgot the photos)
Thanks, man. She was in good spirits yesterday so that put my mind at ease a bit. I doubt any judge would evict us under these circumstances.

Something to help kill time and improve your grow game, read, read, read. There's a wealth of information out there. Just consider the source when someone has a suggestion. I have seen some horrible suggestions given by people who may have never grown a plant. Some reputable names are Jorge Cervantes, Subcool, The Rev (check out True Living Organics, he also does most of the Grow articles in Skunk Magazine. Which I actually prefer over high times) and Ed Rosenthal. If podcasts are more your method of learning, check out "Grow From Your Heart Podcast*", "Dude Grows Show" (they endorse their product 'recharge' alot but they have years of experience and you can get on the website and ask a question, and they'll answer it on the podcast, aside from other members who are their own wealth of knowledge), "Growcast*" (the * are ones I try to catch every episode) there's also "the spliff potcast" which is more cannabis use/health oriented

Milo

Milo

Thank you very much, @Saint Skinny! Those sound like some great suggestions! Damn, that's exactly what I needed, some good recommendations, thank you!

I will get into some reading!

And the little babes here are still coming along well!

Peace!

Thanks, man. She was in good spirits yesterday so that put my mind at ease a bit. I doubt any judge would evict us under these circumstances.

Something to help kill time and improve your grow game, read, read, read. There's a wealth of information out there. Just consider the source when someone has a suggestion. I have seen some horrible suggestions given by people who may have never grown a plant. Some reputable names are Jorge Cervantes, Subcool, The Rev (check out True Living Organics, he also does most of the Grow articles in Skunk Magazine. Which I actually prefer over high times) and Ed Rosenthal. If podcasts are more your method of learning, check out "Grow From Your Heart Podcast*", "Dude Grows Show" (they endorse their product 'recharge' alot but they have years of experience and you can get on the website and ask a question, and they'll answer it on the podcast, aside from other members who are their own wealth of knowledge), "Growcast*" (the * are ones I try to catch every episode) there's also "the spliff potcast" which is more cannabis use/health oriented

"A watched pot never boils", do what you can to keep your head busy, that helped me.

20170120 232858

20170120 233223

Top Bottom