From The Beginning......micro And Legal...........

• Thread starter Milo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milo

Milo

...................These girls are making me proud!!!!!

..........going along thru week 4 pretty well, let the soil get dry, and gave them a good watering tonight...............looking healthy! Thinking about transplanting them into their bigger pots sometime this weekend.................

Grown On!

Peace!

20170209 223425
20170209 223528

Bean #1 (above) & Bean #2 (below)

20170209 223333
20170209 223346

............wide shot, after a good spray down!............

20170209 224402

Orcaman

Orcaman

They both look great, The best advise I can give you right now is don't take root shots. It is actually very stressful to them coming out of darkness to a camera flash! Are you going to finish now in that pot size?

Milo

Milo

Thanks, @Orcaman!

:opps: I promise I was real careful looking at their nude little roots there, and I didn't use a camera flash! I was thinking about that as I was doing it, how sensitive the roots are, delicate, tried not to touch the roots, and got worried about the reflection from the grow lights shining on them...........I had just been so mystified recently by all the pics of other people's roots they've posted around here - I was so curious to see what they looked like! So beautiful though, and looking healthy - Didn't use a camera flash though, and tried to have 'em out less than 5-10 seconds or so!! I promise! Haha thanks again though, Orca! Good Advice!

The girls are going good though, look ready to ramp it up! And yes, I'm going to finish in these pots - I don't have too much room in the tent here...........maybe another week or two before switching to 12/12? We'll see, they're only maybe 6-8 inches tall now. Real bushy though! Little branches tryin to poke up through the big fan leaves!! I love it!

Grow On! Peace!

20170213 195124
20170213 195147

Milo

Milo

.............Gave em a good watering tonight! Raised the lights again a couple inches, seem to have to do so every handful of days now. The girls are doing well! Grow On!!!

20170215 215810

20170215 215831
20170215 215914

Orcaman

Orcaman

I think now would be a great time to top both plants and let them veg for at least another week as you stated. I cannot exceed 40 inches, pot and plant in my bloom area. So plant height is always a main concern for me. I also think that now it would be a good time to raise the T5's and add the 150 HPS. Those are two little beauties!:)

Milo

Milo

Man........Thank You @Orcaman! That is some sure good advice - I think I'm gonna have to take it!

I had been thinking a lot about topping, but before had decided not to do it and just see how they grow, but I've seen so many examples of it by now in forums and videos, and once I looked real close at the plants and opened up the brand new baby leaves on the top, it just seemed to make perfect sense! Just a little snip snip with the scissors! I had been worried about hurting the plant, but now having it in my hand, seeing the scale of it - it's really very minimally harmful to the plant, but then very beneficial to me!

And that's exactly what I need to think about next! When to start the HPS, you think now is good, so that it has some days of 20hrs with the HPS and T5s before switching it to 12/12? I was thinking of hanging the T5s vertical along the side of the tent and putting the HPS up on top of the plants, how far do you keep the HPS from the tops, more like a foot or two? Very interesting, thank you Orca-man! I think my tent is just a little less than 6 feet tall, then the pots maybe are about a foot tall, so.......we'll see.........

These girls are so beautiful! This is so cool!! Grow On!

I think now would be a great time to top both plants and let them veg for at least another week as you stated. I cannot exceed 40 inches, pot and plant in my bloom area. So plant height is always a main concern for me. I also think that now it would be a good time to raise the T5's and add the 150 HPS. Those are two little beauties!:)

20170216 224736
20170216 224859
20170216 225334
20170216 225342
20170216 225748
20170216 225841

Orcaman

Orcaman

Nice job on the topping. I was wondering how you were planning to use the two lights at once. I like your idea of hanging the T5's vertically and the HPS above. I think you will get the most out of your lighting with both fixtures as high as they can go. In bloom I prefer my lighting in a fixed position at maximum height. The plants then can always be raised if desired. You are in the ballpark keeping the HPS at least a foot above the canopy with their heat output. Your low wattage should not cause a big temp increase in the tent which will be nice. You will want to keep your fan always blowing just across the top of the canopy to keep those two nice and happy! :)

Milo

Milo

............Alright! Damn, thank you @Orcaman! That's some good information!

These girls are doing good good good!! I wanted to try putting in the HPS to see how it might work, and I think I've found a good system!

I've kept the T5s angled a bit though, since, as you can see better in the photos, they actually have a decent amount of room still left to grow - hopefully, one day, all the way right up to that HPS!

Let's see........hopefully the angle/distance doesn't lower the T5s' intensity too much, and I know in the photos the placement of the HPS makes its light basically useless, haha, but it looks good for a photo example, and for thinking/planning! I can lower the HPS and hang it down closer to the plants tomorrow, just leave it up like this for tonight, ha! Then I can pull in the T5s directly vertical and push it right up against the side of the tent, as the plants fill out the tent space........mmmmm......I'm dreaming of the day!..........

And the little snipped tops have healed up real quick and nicely! Good man, these creatures are so wonderful!

Grow On!

Nice job on the topping. I was wondering how you were planning to use the two lights at once. I like your idea of hanging the T5's vertically and the HPS above. I think you will get the most out of your lighting with both fixtures as high as they can go. In bloom I prefer my lighting in a fixed position at maximum height. The plants then can always be raised if desired. You are in the ballpark keeping the HPS at least a foot above the canopy with their heat output. Your low wattage should not cause a big temp increase in the tent which will be nice. You will want to keep your fan always blowing just across the top of the canopy to keep those two nice and happy! :)

20170217 235412

20170217 235144

20170217 235340

20170217 235045

Orcaman

Orcaman

I was wondering if you can turn the 150 watt hood 90 degrees and move over more to the left. I think that would give you a better light balance down around the plants. Most of the HPS is being blocked by the T5 hood.
I also want to suggest using a combination of blue and red T5's for a better fluorescent spectrum. So I would use 4 of the Blue 6500K, and 4 Red 3000K. You are going to need to get some spare bulbs for back up as thy do burn out.

Milo

Milo

..........Right, right, right!! Good thinking @Orcaman!! I was thinking similarly, haha!

I've moved the HPS down closer to the plants a little, and since it's only 150W, it seems like I might be able to keep it somewhat close, so let's see how the girls like it!

Yeah, I've thought about getting those different spectrum bulbs - I might be able to grab some red ones from my grow store once I put these girls into flower..........we'll see..........but, haha, I'm of course also thinking about expanding and getting a bigger tent, a 3' x 3' to use for flowering, and I'll use this 2' x 2' one for veg - and was thinking of getting another 150W HPS and 8-bulb T5 with some red/blue spectrum bulbs to make them similar setups but very clearly as veg/bloom single-purpose tents...........we'll see..........I'm dreaming of it..................

Grow On!!

I was wondering if you can turn the 150 watt hood 90 degrees and move over more to the left. I think that would give you a better light balance down around the plants. Most of the HPS is being blocked by the T5 hood.
I also want to suggest using a combination of blue and red T5's for a better fluorescent spectrum. So I would use 4 of the Blue 6500K, and 4 Red 3000K. You are going to need to get some spare bulbs for back up as thy do burn out.

20170218 111456

Orcaman

Orcaman

Looking better, But why not raise the 150 up about 6 inches so both lights are edge to edge? I like your idea of another tent. Then you can go perpetual.:)

Milo

Milo

........alright, alright!!! Damn, @Orcaman! Thank you so damn much! Your input has been real valuable here!! I do sincerely appreciate it man! Thank you! I don't think I'd ever have thought of that - haha, so, good point!

And I like it, I'm learning man, it feels good, and the girls look all the happier for it!!

......one day, man, maybe one day I'll get that second tent.......oh boy..................

Grow On!! Peace!

Looking better, But why not raise the 150 up about 6 inches so both lights are edge to edge? I like your idea of another tent. Then you can go perpetual.:)

20170218 223315

20170218 223404

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
........alright, alright!!! Damn, @Orcaman! Thank you so damn much! Your input has been real valuable here!! I do sincerely appreciate it man! Thank you! I don't think I'd ever have thought of that - haha, so, good point!

And I like it, I'm learning man, it feels good, and the girls look all the happier for it!!

......one day, man, maybe one day I'll get that second tent.......oh boy..................

Grow On!! Peace!

View attachment 670574

View attachment 670575

That looks much better imo.

Milo

Milo

............................,,,,,,.,.,.,,...........,,,,,..............,.,.,.,.,.,....,,,,,......,,,...,,..,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,,,,,.......oh man.........,.,.,..,oh man guys this is so awesome!!!

I let the soil get real dry and watered them last night, and boy! They grew quite a bit! These girls are really starting to fill out!

You can see the two new tops where I topped them, with two sets of leaves growing where the one would have been on the top that I topped!!! Oh top!!

Got a good amount of space left for them to grow though - will be keeping an eye on their height.......................

Thanks for all the tips, fellow dudes!!! This is so awesome!!

Grow On!

Peace!!

20170221 223325

20170221 223244

20170221 223109

20170221 223604

Milo

Milo

Hey, @Orcaman, thanks!! They're really some beautiful ladies!

Let's see.............I have stayed away from the nutes for the most part........if by feeding you mean more than the watering....................I put nutes in their water just once, the first watering after the transplant day, which was a couple days later. I just used a relatively small amount, since I'm still unclear about how they affect the plant - I used about 1/2 tsp of the "A" nutes of the FloraDuo pair that's said to be for vegging, and also added 1/4 tsp of the "Flora Nectar" that says it has some sugar cane/molasses in it...........mixed into a gallon of ph'd water...........they need about a gallon and a half of water each watering.....................but other than that, I haven't used any other nutes, just regular water that I correct the ph up a bit with.................maybe have watered them about 3-4 times now since transplanting about 1.5-2 weeks ago...............Since I don't have a preferred nutrient regimen or anything since it's my first grow, I'm just adding them on a whim, and really just have them in case a deficiency comes up, but haven't seen anything really so far! Also using Fox Farm Ocean Forest for soil, which y'all said had a bunch of nutrients already in it, so...............

Man, I'm really loving how these girls are progressing! Real fat healthy leaves! And the stems look wild, getting real plump!!!

Grow On!!! Peace!

Gosh, They look great! How often are you feeding right now? Love those nice straight healthy leaves!:)

20170222 215957

20170222 220301

20170222 220239

Orcaman

Orcaman

Great feel on when to feed!:) Especially using Ocean Forest soil. Most people tend to overfeed creating problems for the plants that are very hard to overcome. I was going to suggest adding some Back Strap Molasses but see that your using Flora Nectar. When you go to bloom and they start to stretch to flower out is when they will need the most nutes and about the time that they have used up all of the nutrients in the Ocean Forest. I think the only other supplement you should consider is Magnesium. I use General Organics CalMag+. It has a 0-0-0 NPK value. Or consider Epson Salts.

Top Bottom