From The Ground Up, Let's Go!

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

U liking the MH bulbs for the node distance? I'm always scared they will burst. Have you thought about CMH? I'm living vicariously through you now billy, whenever I up my game to near u I'm going to try to learn from what your posting here.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

U liking the MH bulbs for the node distance? I'm always scared they will burst. Have you thought about CMH? I'm living vicariously through you now billy, whenever I up my game to near u I'm going to try to learn from what your posting here.

Well for what its worth i' have been growing over two decades and have never had one bust on me,......Perhaps its just my KARMA though.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Phew Billy boat that is what I call A PROFESSIONAL GROWROOM!Great thread . all plants look great and as healthy as they could be .Really great work . amazing in fact.

Thank you! Lots of hard work, but so worth the feeling of seeing it all come together.

Yes I think that they veg the plants the best. They get the plants ready for those powerful DE's in the flower room. I have CMH's in my preveg room and they rock, but I don't feel like they are powerful enough for my large plants, and I already had the 1k's.

@Billyboat How much greensand would you use per/gal in Pro mix? Looking righteous brotha!

I'm really not sure, I just mix in a few beer cups per bed.

Greeneye04

Greeneye04

I agree nothing seems to veg quite like a 1k mh .. I've tried them all.. I just grabbed 4 double dpaps to see what they can do as the hotter months near.. I'm hoping these can replace my 1k's in veg but not sure it will happen.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Well for what its worth i' have been growing over two decades and have never had one bust on me,......Perhaps its just my KARMA though.

One time in my vert garden a drip tube came loose and the water sprayed up and in to a MH bulb. It blew a hole in the side and from that hole must have blasted out some crazy UV because there was a big spot on my vert canopy that straight sizzled up. Glad I wasn't in there when it happened.

2 315w CMH bulbs will veg as good as a 1 7500k ultra sun or a DE philips. I have been running that side by side for a couple months and I will slowly be converting to all 315w for veg to save roughly 40% electricity.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

One time in my vert garden a drip tube came loose and the water sprayed up and in to a MH bulb. It blew a hole in the side and from that hole must have blasted out some crazy UV because there was a big spot on my vert canopy that straight sizzled up. Glad I wasn't in there when it happened.

2 315w CMH bulbs will veg as good as a 1 7500k ultra sun or a DE philips. I have been running that side by side for a couple months and I will slowly be converting to all 315w for veg to save roughly 40% electricity.

Thanks Cap, it really helps to have someone who knows what happens,.....and i know it does. I 've just been lucky as i said. Spent the after noon at @homebrew420's shop and the quality of the flowering plants he has going under those lights of his are out of control good,....i was amazed to see the plants at 4-5 weeks into flower with classic canopy tops (typical solid bud structure) AND the same solid bud formation in the lower canopy -by lower i mean over 5 feet below the light,...YES the buds 5+ feet away from the lights were solid and tric covered. We talked about how some of the top canopy buds were actually light bleaching (just a little) even with the 315's a foot over them...............!

Probably the thing that got me the most excited is that they are testing a Vertical configuration that actually increases the light production another 12%,...........Also i have to say the room was very comfortable even during the heat of the day (we got together at 2:30pm and it was in the 70's today in Boulder) the larger REC room has at least 50 of them burning without any lenses in those hoods with only air movement and exchange( no cooling of that air) it was the same temp or lower than the outside air temp.

Last edited:
ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

@Capulator where did you buy your CMHs may I ask? I always wanted to get some and can't find a good price for them anyway.

apologize to billyboat for the derail.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

@Capulator where did you buy your CMHs may I ask? I always wanted to get some and can't find a good price for them anyway.

apologize to billyboat for the derail.

All i can say is i'm the poster boy for hating on people or companies that gouge customers,......having said that i also fall on the side of 'you generally get what you pay for' and from time to time if you work at it you get so much more from a good tool over it's lifetime than you will ever save buying a cheap one,............!

I know a guy that sell these, they are not cheap but they are off the charts for quality,.......he has legit research numbers to back it all up and is also someone that a lot of farmers know is all about the genetics being pushed for all they are worth, and would never give his girls less than the best to make a buck off a light sale.

Respect to Billyboat,.....Pm me and i can leave his thread alone, other than to say BILLY, YOU SIR ARE A STUD!

Billyboat

Billyboat

All the trimming is done! Overall the yield numbers off the nano's were out of this world, I must say I'm very impressed and will be rocking these fixtures in all future builds.

@Capulator thanks for the heads up on the CMH's, I've been debating on how I'm going to light my big veg room I'm about to start building. I'm switching over to the rolling 3x6 beds/Trays and will need to be able to veg 28 beds at any given time and I think CMH's will be what I go with.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
All the trimming is done! Overall the yield numbers off the nano's were out of this world, I must say I'm very impressed and will be rocking these fixtures in all future builds.

@Capulator thanks for the heads up on the CMH's, I've been debating on how I'm going to light my big veg room I'm about to start building. I'm switching over to the rolling 3x6 beds/Trays and will need to be able to veg 28 beds at any given time and I think CMH's will be what I go with.

Rolling 3x6's eh? That is an excellent idea!

Billyboat

Billyboat

Rolling 3x6's eh? That is an excellent idea!

I'm on 4x8 rolling trays now with 3x6 beds and it it makes it too difficult to get to those middle plants with how I have two rows pushed together. I should have never built 12' long tables as they are way too heavy and difficult to move when watered. I figure 3x6's will be easy to move around in the room vs 12'x4' long tables.

Live and learn.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I have the hook up for cost, so if I told you it wouldn't matter, as you do not have the same hook up.

@UCMETOO yeah the 315's are good for vert.

Thanks Cap, i'm pretty sure i'm on the right trail to the GRAIL,.........BTW if you have any input on workable distances from the 315's for a vert checker board style layout PLEASE let me know- i'll work this out either way but i love to cut out the trial and error where i can ( for what its worth i'm going to be in the 8gl UC for the trial run, thinking of stacking 2 x 315's vert in the 13gl's if this works like i think it will )

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks Cap, i'm pretty sure i'm on the right trail to the GRAIL,.........BTW if you have any input on workable distances from the 315's for a vert checker board style layout PLEASE let me know- i'll work this out either way but i love to cut out the trial and error where i can ( for what its worth i'm going to be in the 8gl UC for the trial run, thinking of stacking 2 x 315's vert in the 13gl's if this works like i think it will )

Stack them and keep them 2 ft away from final stretch. Put a 600 SE over the tops.

@Billyboat a 4' wide tray: Can't be fully accessible from one side if it is against a wall. The reason why I don't use them. My best layout to date is 9 rolling 3x6 under 9k in a 14' x 24' room. Room to walk around is so important. I find having access to all parts of the plant at all times makes it easy to spot developing issues before they get out of control. Easier on the back too. ;)

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Stack them and keep them 2 ft away from final stretch. Put a 600 SE over the tops.

@Billyboat a 4' wide tray: Can't be fully accessible from one side if it is against a wall. The reason why I don't use them. My best layout to date is 9 rolling 3x6 under 9k in a 14' x 24' room. Room to walk around is so important. I find having access to all parts of the plant at all times makes it easy to spot developing issues before they get out of control. Easier on the back too. ;)
You really think they need to be 2 feet away with no reflector? I just set mine at 1.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

You really think they need to be 2 feet away with no reflector? I just set mine at 1.

I think you have a better shot if you can have it end up with in that 2 foot zone,...1 foot will probably work well too but if you miss judge the strech you might end up right on top of the bulb.

Top Bottom