From The Ground Up, Let's Go!

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lyfespan

Lyfespan

I have 4 624's running and they have really given me peace of mind for when I'm not around or want to actually take a day off.

My favorite feature is being able to check the light meter during the night cycle to make sure nothing is screwing up, and since it data logs it, you can see a week at a time.

I really like being able to cut off all the fans and dehuys when I foliar spray. Before I would have to come back a few hours later to cut the equipment back on. Now I use the the phone interface to be able to remotely cut those devices back on remotely.

They work really well, they aren't perfect, but I can't complain.
with now the 624 and opensprink, i just need NANO to get on the ball writting the App for the NCCS so i can access that from the web too too bad they couldnt get it going faster to have all functions going on that NCCS as well, lol. Have you checked out the new dual head DE fixtures, nice for room flippers. still grinding it down every night man, game never ends at this size.

congrats on the new title here bud, nice. hit you up in the PM

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I'll see what I can do.
I can send some if you don't want the hassle of ordering it.

with now the 624 and opensprink, i just need NANO to get on the ball writting the App for the NCCS so i can access that from the web too too bad they couldnt get it going faster to have all functions going on that NCCS as well, lol. Have you checked out the new dual head DE fixtures, nice for room flippers. still grinding it down every night man, game never ends at this size.

That's why I stuck with Gavita for now, can't stand the idea of setting up a windows box. I wonder if they'll push out a solid app and advanced controller before too long? Thank you for just turning me on to Open sprinkler :woot:

Billyboat

Billyboat

With how inexpensive the NCCS is, it does exactly what I need it to do. The dual DE looks cool, but I still think it's a silly design.

I can send some if you don't want the hassle of ordering it.
That's why I stuck with Gavita for now, can't stand the idea of setting up a windows box. I wonder if they'll push out a solid app and advanced controller before too long? Thank you for just turning me on to Open sprinkler :woot:

I appreciate the offer but I have it on my list of salts on order for my salts experiment. Open sprinkler is the bees knees.

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

With how inexpensive the NCCS is, it does exactly what I need it to do. The dual DE looks cool, but I still think it's a silly design.

i love the NCCS for the fact of less electrical to run real timers and contactors, and yes it was really cost effective with the dongles being cheap too.

oh billy found another silica product to run too, its a plant based silica, 60% uptake on it. ill PM you the info if youre interested.

Billyboat

Billyboat

How about adding a fourth?

So after testing out OSA, Fasilator, Power SI, and AgSil 16 against each other....

IMO the winner is hands down AgSil 16. I've run the expensive silica for over 2 years and since switching over to AgSil I've never seen stems this fat and strong before. I'm also off the Aptus additives and strictly on raw salts, and things have never looked better.

I still have some of the other silica's left over that I will use as a foliar spray but when I run out I will not be buying anymore.

Just my opinion.
Billyboat

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Ha, thanks for the test, makes me ashamed I never looked back, and validated at the same time. I'm guessing you were vigilant about dosing at the same levels? If so it's a rather poor reflection on those hobbyist products. How many ppms?

Fyi customhydronutrients sells AgSil in small and large amounts at very reasonable prices. Not local but the service is very fast, delivery very discrete, and he's never left me hanging on questions.

Last edited:
tommy2snips

tommy2snips

Just wanted to say 'Hi' real quick...I skipped to the end here first to see what was going on...I'm going back to the beginning now:)...NICE!
Funny how a guy happens across things...I was just about to order up some OSA. What's the scoop on this Agsil? Is it what's used to make up the generic bottles of potassium silicate we buy in the shop that is 0-0-3?
Thx

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

There is a biological you can purchase that will allow for easy uptake of Silica. It will significantly increase the abilities of basic Potassium Silicates like Pro-Tekt.

That said, I rarely dabble in Silica products.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

So after testing out OSA, Fasilator, Power SI, and AgSil 16 against each other....

IMO the winner is hands down AgSil 16. I've run the expensive silica for over 2 years and since switching over to AgSil I've never seen stems this fat and strong before. I'm also off the Aptus additives and strictly on raw salts, and things have never looked better.

I still have some of the other silica's left over that I will use as a foliar spray but when I run out I will not be buying anymore.

Just my opinion.
Billyboat
Just saw this billy,thanks for running the test and reporting back honestly.Quite a price difference in those products huh?While not testing all the products you did i have run agsil16(which i normally use) against the osa28 sample i ordered in a veg run(havent flowered anything yet)and have seen the same results.Out of curiousity are you using Jacks?

MSH

MSH

Just read through the 19 pages, you're a machine!!!

I would love some info on how you designed your watering system being that you're using drippers on movable tables, interesting to know!

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Just read through the 19 pages, you're a machine!!!

I would love some info on how you designed your watering system being that you're using drippers on movable tables, interesting to know!
I second this. I've run top drip but never open sprinklers, how did that differ in design and cost?

Hope all is well Billy, sending good vibes your way.

Top Bottom