Frosty's Tent SHOW..... Come on it but Bring a Jacket!

• Thread starter frostedlove
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

Frosty's Tent SHOW..... Come on in, but Bring a Jacket!

Hellooooooo My fellow farmers.............Welcome to my #2 MEDICAL grow Journal. 1st one is rapping up and the new one is just starting. Everyone needs a fresh start so the New set-up and ladies get there OWN show

Here are the Details Right NOW

10-Purple Erkels
1-5x5x8 tent
1 600w hps
1 4inch fan
1 reg osil fan
2.5 gallon pots
roots organics coco mix

This is how it starts! As people know I am always adding and doing more so this is where we start. And See where it goes.....

Better Get your jackets----- its going to get cold in here and get FROSTY.....:party0045:

This is a Thank you before it even starts! To all the farmers who are AWSOME -----passing on there info and help .....You guys are AMAZING! I have no problems saying Thanks.......You guys rock and I try to pass on what I can as well......:passingjoint: THis joints for you guys!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Are you running the tent upright, or on its side to please the short shits like myself?

<grin>

F

frostedlove

Are you running the tent upright, or on its side to please the short shits like myself?

<grin>

LOL Thats funny......Since I am tall at over 6 foot and the history of me getting the tent cheap because someone triped and ripped the zippers. I decided I am very clumsy and kick stuff all the time, it might turn into a nightmare with it being on its side. So sorry You and my wife can climb a ladder in there.....LOL

I love short people just the same.......:inlove

F

frostedlove

new_tent12.jpg
newtent2.jpg
newtent3.jpg
newtent4.jpg
newtent5.jpg
newtent7.jpg
newtent6.jpg
newtent8.jpg

NEED HELP ALREADY......The new growth leaves are curling inward???????????????Like a claw??????
They need to be transplanted and feed today. They have only gotten water so far. and a ruff life, for those who know the history of these clones!

Light is up high to give them a few days of just getting use too the system

F

frostedlove

Well the babies are transplanted! Let the fun begin. They got a root drench and some micros added to them. So we can get some good fungus growing on those roots! Fungus coated roots are happy roots!
tentnew1.jpg

I drilled a million holes in the plastic pots since airpots are good and any fabric pots too but since I got no MONEY I got these 2.5 gallons at the dollar store. Drilled a bunch of holes for air releases and such.

See how it goes

F

frostedlove

Well yesterday I gave the Girls some cal-mag and silica mixed in there water. The curl seems a little better today. The leaves are dark green so that points to N too. I think They were heavy feed before I got them so They are use to so much and I just skimp when I get things cause everyone says start slow. I think I start too slow

Got another ORGANIC option for spider mite control/prevention

Call Liquid Lady Bug
made out of lemon grass oils. Which is another Pyrethrin.
They sent me free samples...

Here is there website...
http://www.spidermitekiller.com/
1008101034a.jpg

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
RO coco (nevermind what I said in the pm, I found ya), while I haven't personally worked with, is still coco. So what we need to know first is what your feed pH is. Also, I don't know if this coco requires flushing and/or pre-charging. If it does and you didn't, you're starting off in a deficient mode and will pay for it later. But as far as the twisting, my first question is regarding pH, second would be wondering if perhaps a little bit too much phosphorous is ending up in her diet.

Adjust pH *first*, in coco you want in in a pretty tight range of 5.8-6.2, then wait and see. Keep feeding CaMg @ lower application rate (remember, it can be foliared if you need to act quickly) as well as the silica at a lower app rate as well throughout, making CERTAIN pH is within parameters. I'm also hoping that your source water is good water (low EC/TDS/ppm, you know, nice and clean).

pH<---start there, eliminate that as a problem, then wait and see. Things happen rather quickly in coco relative to soil.

Forgot this, you need this: Integral Hydroponics Page Coco Substrate Science

F

frostedlove

RO coco (nevermind what I said in the pm, I found ya), while I haven't personally worked with, is still coco. So what we need to know first is what your feed pH is. Also, I don't know if this coco requires flushing and/or pre-charging. If it does and you didn't, you're starting off in a deficient mode and will pay for it later. But as far as the twisting, my first question is regarding pH, second would be wondering if perhaps a little bit too much phosphorous is ending up in her diet.

Adjust pH *first*, in coco you want in in a pretty tight range of 5.8-6.2, then wait and see. Keep feeding CaMg @ lower application rate (remember, it can be foliared if you need to act quickly) as well as the silica at a lower app rate as well throughout, making CERTAIN pH is within parameters. I'm also hoping that your source water is good water (low EC/TDS/ppm, you know, nice and clean).

pH<---start there, eliminate that as a problem, then wait and see. Things happen rather quickly in coco relative to soil.

Forgot this, you need this: Integral Hydroponics Page Coco Substrate Science

Its a coco amended mix. Water is Horrible in SF. I do ph before feeding. and after but Like I said they i have not feed them with nuts in a week so they must be lacking everywhere. I do not want to start this all in a def......So got to nip it in the bud. I will give them a full feed tomorrow since i gave them cal-mag and silica yesterday. They have not been feed feed in a week since I got the clones. I gave very little of anything so that was my problem. Too little! Did the same thing on my last plants. LOL

Thanks For the wisdom......

S

sfzoo

Water is Horrible in SF.

dude, we have some of the best water in the country..:nerd

my ppm comes out at 21, pH usually around 8.4

best tasting tap water i've ever come across. In fact, i've read that SF's water treatment has more controls for filtering than most bottled water companies.:character0053:

regardless, i'm here for the show! :dance

F

frostedlove

dude, we have some of the best water in the country..:nerd

my ppm comes out at 21, pH usually around 8.4

best tasting tap water i've ever come across. In fact, i've read that SF's water treatment has more controls for filtering than most bottled water companies.:character0053:

regardless, i'm here for the show! :dance

Well guess I have heard wrong??????

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Only way to know is to test it or get an assay.
Its a coco amended mix. Water is Horrible in SF. I do ph before feeding. and after but Like I said they i have not feed them with nuts in a week so they must be lacking everywhere. I do not want to start this all in a def......So got to nip it in the bud. I will give them a full feed tomorrow since i gave them cal-mag and silica yesterday. They have not been feed feed in a week since I got the clones. I gave very little of anything so that was my problem. Too little! Did the same thing on my last plants. LOL

Thanks For the wisdom......
It may be an amended mix, but you're going to have to use additional Ca/Mg through the grow (up til a month or two before finishing, depending on how they look and are performing for you).

You're right, they're hungry.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Couple questions for ya.

1. Are you using Reverse Osmosis?
2. What ph levels are you bringing your water to?
3. How are you cooling the tent?

I used Roots Coco for my last run and have all my Mom plants in it. Personally I LOVE the stuff. Good water retention and flushes really good. On my last indoor run I was not adding cal/mag at first and my girls got deficient. As soon as I added the cal/mag they bounced back quick. The coco tends to suck up cal and mag and you have to add it to the mix to make it available to the plants.

I'm along for the ride on this one. I will be doing a small set up like this soon to flower out some Blackwater that I have germinating right now. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to PM me bro!

F

frostedlove

Couple questions for ya.

1. Are you using Reverse Osmosis?
2. What ph levels are you bringing your water to?
3. How are you cooling the tent?

I used Roots Coco for my last run and have all my Mom plants in it. Personally I LOVE the stuff. Good water retention and flushes really good. On my last indoor run I was not adding cal/mag at first and my girls got deficient. As soon as I added the cal/mag they bounced back quick. The coco tends to suck up cal and mag and you have to add it to the mix to make it available to the plants.

I'm along for the ride on this one. I will be doing a small set up like this soon to flower out some Blackwater that I have germinating right now. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to PM me bro!

Water I bring it up too 5.5-6.0 . I too had the Cal-mag def at my last grow. So I am getting on that right away. I did a foliage feeding today and they are opening up again. I think they were just starving... Look way better then yesterday. I do not do osmosis yet. saw an add on craigslist for a used system for 50 bucks. I do filter the water through a britia pitcher filter. I need to get that filter......I am going to do a little more aggressive feeding but not too too much, I think I have always done it a little light so going to get better at that.

I am going to hit this tent like my lab.....Run it with detailed notes and Clean set-up. I think I am going to get the 1000w 600 is nice but 1000 is better......

Cooling the tent I have the four inch fan up high suckn the heat from the open vent. Its not sealed up. If I dont have too......I dont want too...I dont want the lumens lost. Then I have a Vent fan blowing in filter basement air at 65 give or take. Almost got my own natural ac. Basement is always cold if not colder.

Thanks for coming through bro Always need more eyes and ears to rock this out! I am not afraid to admit I dont know SHIT! I am GRATEFULL to all the farmers out there helping me and grandma out!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

My first run was up in Oakland so I know what you're sayin about the natural AC.

I kept my ph at 5.6 to 5.8 and I used House and Gardens Drip Clean. I fed really heavy and only flushed once a week. I fed my girls a half gallon a day for 6 days and flushed with a gallon and a half on the seventh. The coco seems to dry out pretty quickly so I like to give them a little each day. I think it's pretty much impossible to "overwater" in Coco but I could be wrong about that. I just never saw any signs of it.

Top Bottom