Frozen buds

• Thread starter Chester13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chester13

Chester13

Damn had a bout six pounds of weed freeze up over night. Should I wait to see if it comes back with the sun today or should I cut it down keep in freezer and make bubble hash. Any help would be appreciated it got down to -5 last night

Chester13

Chester13

Damn had a bout six pounds of weed freeze up over night. Should I wait to see if it comes back with the sun today or should I cut it down keep in freezer and make bubble hash. Any help would be appreciated it got down to -5 last night
If anyone with lots of experience could help my out with my problem would be appreciated

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

below -5 i would just hang it in a shed or something,be just like trustfall said,chop up later

Chester13

Chester13

below -5 i would just hang it in a shed or something,be just like trustfall said,chop up later
Had about 10 hours of sun today plants completely rebounded pretty much back to normal, that being said I still trimmed for almost 11 hours. Supposed to be going back down to -4, this time everything has been vap barriered and tarped trim will resume in the morn. Thanks for responding

K

Ktownorganic

Hey Chester, another Okanagan grower here. My plants also rebounded just fine. That cold snap was scary but luckily I didn't get any rot or mold. Warm weather is back so I hope to keep them out there a while longer

First pic is 7am after the -5c, next is the following afternoon after some sun. Luckily my plants are behind my house where it's a bit warmer than out in the open.

IMG 20191010 071345
IMG 20191011 174946
B

Burned Haze

Hash it if it’s fucked (not talking budrot, I mean under 32f), or cut them down and hang dry it

K

Ktownorganic

Hash it if it’s fucked (not talking budrot, I mean under 32f), or cut them down and hang dry it

I don't think under 32f/0c is really any threshold for plants being needing to be hashed instead of smoke unless it stays below freezing for a whole day.

I know lots of successful growers in my area that constantly wait out first frost as long as the days are sunny. Is your experience otherwise?

Chester13

Chester13

I don't think under 32f/0c is really any threshold for plants being needing to be hashed instead of smoke unless it stays below freezing for a whole day.

I know lots of successful growers in my area that constantly wait out first frost as long as the days are sunny. Is your experience otherwise?
Talked to some old outdoor growers in Nelson because I was panicking and they laughed at me saying they have shook snow off them many times. I have covered tonight and yesterday and it really helped out. Everything looking good from here on in fingers crossed. Good luck. What type of strains are you into

Chester13

Chester13

Talked to some old outdoor growers in Nelson because I was panicking and they laughed at me saying they have shook snow off them many times. I have covered tonight and yesterday and it really helped out. Everything looking good from here on in fingers crossed. Good luck. What type of strains are you into
I to am completely organic use alot of the korean natural farming techs. Grew some pineapple , skunk 1, bubbles gift, csi pink ice, Pine tar kush, 79 Xmas bud

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
We had a cold snap here in CO over the past 2 days as well. We got down below 10f Thursday night. My outdoor plants are in a trench. I covered them with a weighted-down tarp and put a 1200w space heater in there with the plants. Today they are just fine, shouldn't have any more freezes until next week. Probably didn't even need the heater, these plants are surprisingly very naturally resilient to overnight freezes.

K

Ktownorganic

I to am completely organic use alot of the korean natural farming techs. Grew some pineapple , skunk 1, bubbles gift, csi pink ice, Pine tar kush, 79 Xmas bud

Nice! Cheers to organics. I've only got two strains, one violator and the other three are the same sativa that I can't figure out what they are.

I used a lot of dry amendments in a super soil and they've had some liquid seaweed and teas but I think what made these plants so hearty was planting them in the ground above my old septic field. Free manure 😁

Today the other half of Violator comes down. I'm impressed that a half chopped plant could survive back to back frost nights. Happy croptober!

Last edited:
Chester13

Chester13

Nice! Cheers to organics. I've only got two strains, one violator and the other three are the same sativa that I can't figure out what they are.

I used a lot of dry amendments in a super soil and they've had some liquid seaweed and teas but I think what made these plants so hearty was planting them in the ground above my old septic field. Free manure 😁

Today the other half of Violator comes down. I'm impressed that a half chopped plant could survive back to back frost nights. Happy croptober!
Sativas way to take a chance the only sativas I have had luck with are Durban poison and king tut. Weather is supposed to be good from here for awhile. Violator is one of my favorites from barneys farm.

Chester13

Chester13

Sativas way to take a chance the only sativas I have had luck with are Durban poison and king tut. Weather is supposed to be good from here for awhile. Violator is one of my favorites from barneys farm.
Do you know of any other okanagan growers on here. Thought it would be cool to try and get a group together in the okanagan or kelowna where at the end of the outdoor season everyone gets together and talk about what worked, and everyone could trade strains and product. The more variety the better

K

Ktownorganic

Yeah I only really smoke sativa so I figured it'd be worth it to try knowing it would be a close call for them to be ripe before frost like the other day forced a chop.

Here's a cola from Oct 6. I think next weekend tops will be ready I hope!

IMG 20191006 150830
K

Ktownorganic

Do you know of any other okanagan growers on here. Thought it would be cool to try and get a group together in the okanagan or kelowna where at the end of the outdoor season everyone gets together and talk about what worked, and everyone could trade strains and product. The more variety the better

I know lots of growers here but you're the first from this forum. I'd be happy to meet and chat one day once the harvest is over and sample buds and chat ideas for next season

K

Ktownorganic

Almost 2 feet have been removed from 3 out of the 4 plants so all huge tops

Those are monsters! Nice work must be some good genetics, hard work and experience paying off. I'm going to put more effort into knowing the source of my seeds or clones next year for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom