Frozen buds

• Thread starter Chester13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chester13

Chester13

Those are monsters! Nice work must be some good genetics, hard work and experience paying off. I'm going to put more effort into knowing the source of my seeds or clones next year for sure.
So how did you make out ktown. Done the skunk 1 got 1.5 p, smells great. The other 3 just about done did alright frost did hurt them in the end. Lots of material for bubble hash. Hopefully I get around 3 or 4 p off them all together. Definitely did better last year but I have enough to get me through the year. How those sativa turn out?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Personally, I would wait a day until it decides if it is going to live or die. I have had plants survive several frosts and snow storms... they are pretty hardy. Your leaves don't look like they are totally wilted, which is what they look like if they freeze. Even if they did get killed, you can still hang and dry them and figure out what to do with them later, once they are harvested. If they aren't killed, let them keep growing!
In my opinion.

K

Ktownorganic

So how did you make out ktown. Done the skunk 1 got 1.5 p, smells great. The other 3 just about done did alright frost did hurt them in the end. Lots of material for bubble hash. Hopefully I get around 3 or 4 p off them all together. Definitely did better last year but I have enough to get me through the year. How those sativa turn out?

Hey buddy I was chopping in the rain today. Left the lower sativa as long as I could but I figured it's time to call it. Trichomes look decently cloudy. I've had no significant mold, rot or frost related issues so far. Few cuts here and there.

So far I have 19 x 1L Mason jars either 2/3 or 3/4 full. The fuller ones are indica that have been curing for a few weeks and almost ready to put away.

There's still maybe 40% left on these lowers of the total crop. Hoping for 32 jars at 1.5 oz per jar for 3 lbs for 4 plants as well! Maybe a little less ... Haha

Here's some pics.

IMG 20191020 174255
IMG 20191020 172310
IMG 20191020 172247
IMG 20191020 173940
IMG 20191020 173946
Chester13

Chester13

Hey buddy I was chopping in the rain today. Left the lower sativa as long as I could but I figured it's time to call it. Trichomes look decently cloudy. I've had no significant mold, rot or frost related issues so far. Few cuts here and there.

So far I have 19 x 1L Mason jars either 2/3 or 3/4 full. The fuller ones are indica that have been curing for a few weeks and almost ready to put away.

There's still maybe 40% left on these lowers of the total crop. Hoping for 32 jars at 1.5 oz per jar for 3 lbs for 4 plants as well! Maybe a little less ... Haha

Here's some pics.
Hi ktown poor pic but up to 18 1.9 liter jars with 1 plant to go

20191021 161415
Greatlakes

Greatlakes

Makes me sad at some of the advice here. These plants cant take so much more of a beating then people think.
Depending on root size etc....they can get very very cold without harm. They will be limp until the sun comes out and they will bounce right back. I've had them as cold as you are talking about with no problems.

Personally I like mine to go through several frosts before I chop...
They just seem better.

P.s. anytime its going to get cold make sure to water the soil well. This helps insulate the roots. If the roots freeze then it's over.

Seraphine

Seraphine

They’ll survive a soft frost. A hard frost will kill them. You’ll know when there’s a hard frost!

Top Bottom