Frozen Pollen

• Thread starter WestbyGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I have pollen from a Guptilla male that has been in my freezer for about 5 months, is there any certain way it should be thawed? Should I put it in fridge for 24 hours, or can it thaw at room temp?

Thanks for any advise,

WestbyGod

cannabeans

cannabeans

I have never used the freezer. I keep in a small container in fridge with a couple tiny holes in the top. . I have pollen that is many years old that i pollinated a plant in my greenhouse last season. So i believe you can store it for years if done properly.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

We will see what happens. I painted a Hulk-Smash (Bruce Banner#3xStrawberry Diesel) with pollen from a male Guptilla (Gorilla Glue#4xGupta Kush). Put a bag over to segregate while pollen absorbs.

malamus

malamus

We will see what happens. I painted a Hulk-Smash (Bruce Banner#3xStrawberry Diesel) with pollen from a male Guptilla (Gorilla Glue#4xGupta Kush). Put a bag over to segregate while pollen absorbs.
how was the male guptilla? I grew some out in veg but didn't get to flower and I'm curious how it behaved in flowering.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I did not grow it personally. I sexed clone and shipped male father to another person who was better equipped to flower it. I was told it did well under 125w full spectrum cheap led. It was kept small, then discarded after pollen collected.

I have a couple of Guppy's flowering now, it is a wild grow, Guptilla and Hulk Smash mixed together to see what happens. Hulk Smash on left and Guptilla in the middle, in this photo.

GeorgeWKush4

GeorgeWKush4

Probably not viable anymore. It will only last up to 6 weeks at most. More like 3-4
why does it only last up to 6 week tops? what happens to the pollen? ive always thought of pollen like seeds when it comes to storing. when you store your pollen how do you do it ?

Leew421

Leew421

why does it only last up to 6 week tops? what happens to the pollen? ive always thought of pollen like seeds when it comes to storing. when you store your pollen how do you do it ?
It all comes down to how its handled and stored. It can really last a year or more if done correctly.

Top Bottom