Frozen Pollen

• Thread starter WestbyGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I have pollen from a Guptilla male that has been in my freezer for about 5 months, is there any certain way it should be thawed? Should I put it in fridge for 24 hours, or can it thaw at room temp?

Thanks for any advise,

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Thanks for advise. I just put in fridge to unthaw 'till this evening.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I have never used the freezer. I keep in a small container in fridge with a couple tiny holes in the top. . I have pollen that is many years old that i pollinated a plant in my greenhouse last season. So i believe you can store it for years if done properly.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

We will see what happens. I painted a Hulk-Smash (Bruce Banner#3xStrawberry Diesel) with pollen from a male Guptilla (Gorilla Glue#4xGupta Kush). Put a bag over to segregate while pollen absorbs.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

Didn't think pollen took. Pic of what looked like when bag removed.

Bagoff
Reactions: Ina
malamus

malamus

We will see what happens. I painted a Hulk-Smash (Bruce Banner#3xStrawberry Diesel) with pollen from a male Guptilla (Gorilla Glue#4xGupta Kush). Put a bag over to segregate while pollen absorbs.
how was the male guptilla? I grew some out in veg but didn't get to flower and I'm curious how it behaved in flowering.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I did not grow it personally. I sexed clone and shipped male father to another person who was better equipped to flower it. I was told it did well under 125w full spectrum cheap led. It was kept small, then discarded after pollen collected.

I have a couple of Guppy's flowering now, it is a wild grow, Guptilla and Hulk Smash mixed together to see what happens. Hulk Smash on left and Guptilla in the middle, in this photo.

T 005
GeorgeWKush4

GeorgeWKush4

Probably not viable anymore. It will only last up to 6 weeks at most. More like 3-4
why does it only last up to 6 week tops? what happens to the pollen? ive always thought of pollen like seeds when it comes to storing. when you store your pollen how do you do it ?

Leew421

Leew421

why does it only last up to 6 week tops? what happens to the pollen? ive always thought of pollen like seeds when it comes to storing. when you store your pollen how do you do it ?
It all comes down to how its handled and stored. It can really last a year or more if done correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom