"fruit Fly" problem

• Thread starter GRAMTOWN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GRAMTOWN

A friend of mines used some old soil he had laying around to repot one of his clones a couple weeks ago and lately he's been noticing tiny flies coming out of the soil . Is there anyway for him to flush em out of there or some type of organic way to remove of them? I have no solution for him. Hopefully some of you will as I'm sure he doesn't want to trash a beautiful clone.

D

Dubwobble

Diotamacious Earth sprinkled around the top of the soil, esp. where the stem enters the dirt.

Try to keep the tops of the pots drier, the larvae are layed in the top levels of the soil, the drier it is the less larvae can survive.

Also, put a swipe of vasoline around the inside corner of your planting container, it will stop the wingless scarids from spreading to other plants.

You can also place potatoe slices on top of the soil. WIthin a day it will be filled with maggot looking worms, These are the fly's larvae. Throw out the potatoe slice every day and replace with another.

Continue until yo don't see any, at all. If you see one gnat that you actually have 100's

Good luck ;)

B

blahman

I have the same problem. I'll try the potatoe method hehe

Latest posts

Top Bottom