• Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Screenshot 20201231 0849092

Fudge

Fudge

They were monster cropped clones, then I took mothers from those, re-vegged took cuts and sog them, these cuts were taken from the mother too, have taken forever to root. I was just wondering if things were getting lost genetically like losing growth vigour or something. Need to go nd do a bit more research on it tbf

Nobody116

Nobody116

Trim half the growth off the top and trim half the root ball as well.

If she’s over grown, you might need to take more than half off the top.

Then you can get her some fresh soil in there with proper nutes. It will not hurt her.

This is what I consider standard maintenance for mothers. Kinda like changing the oil in your car 😉

But I’m just a Nobody 🤪

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Thanks, been taking regular cuts, have thought about 23/1 as it's cold here too at the moment.
I'm a 24 hour vegger... Have been for a very long time. I hate timers. So when it comes to them, less is more, IMHO.
They were monster cropped clones, then I took mothers from those, re-vegged took cuts and sog them, these cuts were taken from the mother too, have taken forever to root. I was just wondering if things were getting lost genetically like losing growth vigour or something. Need to go nd do a bit more research on it tbf
Heathy plants beget healthy clones.
Healthy clones beget healthy mothers.
I think you'll have less drift on a 100th generation cutting that has come from a well maintained line than you will a third generation from sick and/or neglected one.

Then you can get her some fresh soil in there with proper nutes. It will not hurt her.

This is what I consider standard maintenance for mothers. Kinda like changing the oil in your car 😉

But I’m just a Nobody 🤪

I don't trim roots, but 100% agree with the plant pruning... Often and aggressive.
I'm throwing out five cuttings for every one I keep... And those are just the ones that actually made it into rooters.

Fudge

Fudge

But I’m just a Nobody 🤪
I'm a 24 hour vegger... Have been for a very long time. I hate timers. So when it comes to them, less is more, IMHO.

Heathy plants beget healthy clones.
Healthy clones beget healthy mothers.
I think you'll have less drift on a 100th generation cutting that has come from a well maintained line than you will a third generation from sick and/or neglected one.

I don't trim roots, but 100% agree with the plant pruning... Often and aggressive.
I'm throwing out five cuttings for every one I keep... And those are just the ones that actually made it into rooters.
Cheers guys appreciate it

Madmax

Madmax

You got the defoliating machine out.does it work...Enjoyed that little stroll Fudge.some healthy plants in there..you running canna classic nutes bro.

Fudge

Fudge

You got the defoliating machine out.does it work...Enjoyed that little stroll Fudge.some healthy plants in there..you running canna classic nutes bro.
Cheers bud, yeah I defoliate habitually, my first grow produced so much shit nd not enough good bud, ever since I schwazzed 1st time I never looked back I've developed my own not so brutal approach, plus if you get a nice stretch and LST early on it reduces the need to defoliate as much. I need to clear under growth off everything today as I've been lazy. Wife's away overnight so it's play day fur me

Madmax

Madmax

I gotta change mine.its too high in n for me and gives me the shits ha.bought 5ltres of boost for 535 bills .thats 107 it works out a ltre.2 shops here are selling it for 190 and 230 a litre .bugger that..once the flores runs out i might find another brand to run that less n friendly..

Fudge

Fudge

I gotta change mine.its too high in n for me and gives me the shits ha.bought 5ltres of boost for 535 bills .thats 107 it works out a ltre.2 shops here are selling it for 190 and 230 a litre .bugger that..once the flores runs out i might find another brand to run that less n friendly..
Expensive stuff canna boost, its why I stopped buying it. IMHO I couldn't rationalise buying it, a good base feed, then I just bought MPK, potassium sulphate and summat else to make my own hammerhead, I also give a good fulvic, and I've been using triacontanol too. A LOT cheaper and I can't think of anything that boost will give that that I'm not already providing. I also feed molasses once a week in flower. You might benefit from mixing yiur own, 3 base salts nd cal nitrate nd you can practically make any npk you want. I've got a couple of recipes from a trued and tested source, a one part and a 2 part. The 2 would be ideal for you, as you can adjust the ratio really easy

Fudge

Fudge

Been offered 20 strains or seeds of my choice from Mrcanucksgrows. Just cover shipping. Browsing his email now, some awesome strains there and easy to see where they come from and how they grow from his you tube channel and Instagram. Things are gonna get spicy round here this year

Madmax

Madmax

😁
Expensive stuff canna boost, its why I stopped buying it. IMHO I couldn't rationalise buying it, a good base feed, then I just bought MPK, potassium sulphate and summat else to make my own hammerhead, I also give a good fulvic, and I've been using triacontanol too. A LOT cheaper and I can't think of anything that boost will give that that I'm not already providing. I also feed molasses once a week in flower. You might benefit from mixing yiur own, 3 base salts nd cal nitrate nd you can practically make any npk you want. I've got a couple of recipes from a trued and tested source, a one part and a 2 part. The 2 would be ideal for you, as you can adjust the ratio really easy
Very expensive bro..i should learn how to make % up hey..save a wad of money that could b spent on other grow stuff haha 😁

Last edited:
Fudge

Fudge

😁
Very expensive bro..i should learn how to make % up hey..save a wad of money that could b spent on other grow stuff haha 😁
Wait till spring bud and I'll post what I'm doing and mixing etc, see if we can crack it together, bcos I've only started my journey, got miles to go yet

Madmax

Madmax

Sounds interesting...together...haha..im about as useful as tits on a bull..ill just go along with you nodding as if i know what your talking about 😂

Top Bottom