• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fudge

Fudge

20211031 214337

Gooey chewy stoney loveliness

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Critical 2.0 first to pop.
View attachment 1182586
Gdp x gumberry a couple have popped but a day or so to go.
View attachment 1182587
Note of caution; I would watch how much moisture you got there fudge, make sure there wringed out well. I see a little excessive moisture saturation in your towels, hope your giving them a good squeeze.

The reason I say, is this. If everything pops out of the gate, your generally fine. But the longer those seeds sit in that moisture, the more you want to be on the oxygenated end of the spectrum. If the they end up sitting more than a few days, they lose oxygen. I've literally done thousands of pops with the method your using there, and I noted some improved performance by controlling moisture.

Another possible improvement. Using coffee cone, or flat filters. They don't allow penetration as easily as a paper towel will, so makes it easy to separate if they get really wound up.

I don't know what your keeping them in, perhaps a plastic container, or a plastic baggie. Either way, I've done both but getting a bit of air in there, really helps.
That's all I got. 😁 Everything looks fantastic.

Fudge

Fudge

Note of caution; I would watch how much moisture you got there fudge, make sure there wringed out well. I see a little excessive moisture saturation in your towels, hope your giving them a good squeeze.

The reason I say, is this. If everything pops out of the gate, your generally fine. But the longer those seeds sit in that moisture, the more you want to be on the oxygenated end of the spectrum. If the they end up sitting more than a few days, they lose oxygen. I've literally done thousands of pops with the method your using there, and I noted some improved performance by controlling moisture.

Another possible improvement. Using coffee cone, or flat filters. They don't allow penetration as easily as a paper towel will, so makes it easy to separate if they get really wound up.

I don't know what your keeping them in, perhaps a plastic container, or a plastic baggie. Either way, I've done both but getting a bit of air in there, really helps.
That's all I got. 😁 Everything looks fantastic.
Yeah just 2 paper towels in a large tub. You could be right and maybe a touch too much moisture. I will try coffee filters as I snapped 2 tap roots on the critical when they were into the tissue. I've only really ever used this method. The couple of times I've tried planting or plugs I've lost a few too many. It could also be low temps but the 16 on the other side of the same container popped in 2 days.

I've got more seeds to pop so will try a less moisture.
Cheers mate.

Cookies look nice. Coconut oil isn't cheap here atm so I'm sticking to butter unless I find a deal then I'll stock up.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeah just 2 paper towels in a large tub. You could be right and maybe a touch too much moisture. I will try coffee filters as I snapped 2 tap roots on the critical when they were into the tissue. I've only really ever used this method. The couple of times I've tried planting or plugs I've lost a few too many. It could also be low temps but the 16 on the other side of the same container popped in 2 days.

I've got more seeds to pop so will try a less moisture.
Cheers mate.

Cookies look nice. Coconut oil isn't cheap here atm so I'm sticking to butter unless I find a deal then I'll stock up.
The other thing I do is if the roots do occasionally get burrowed as you say, is to gently pull apart the fiber around the roots. Sometimes just tearing along the edge of the napkin and leaving it still on the root, and plant it, with some of the towel still on there. I've had some real jumblefucks to untangle, cause sometimes I'll put a few dozen seeds together, and take the biggest sprouts, or sometimes, I'll be absent minded, and they sit for 3 or 4 days, until I remember.

But yea, personally I think the cone filters do the best job. They seem to be more difficult for them to penetrate.

I think seed popping is a refined art worth getting good at; allowing them to get proper length, if husk are removed, or that little membrane that's under it. There's lot of little tricks to be leaned to make incremental gains on success. I help them out sometimes with tweezers by pressing along the sides, putting pressure right on both sides of the crack. I think timing is really key. Getting it right as it's ready to bust out of it's shell. Also, if you've got that membrane, I find spraying them that are "almost" ready, with a fine mist, and giving them another 10-15 min of additional soak before trying to pull it off, using my thumb and first finger. Lots of little things that can be learned to refine your technique over time.

I'm generally not satisfied, until I can see the first baby leaves separate.

Always having plenty of fresh seeds is a good place to start; cause when I was working with packs of 3, and each cost me $10 a pop, it was far more frustrating, nerve wracking. Now when I approach that 20 year old seed, that's only a 1x, I'm approaching it with far more confidence, and experience.

Madmax

Madmax

Few shots of the stardawg and strawberry cheesecake just before chop. I'll grab a few pics of the final product tomorrow. The cake is like smoking with strawberry Juicy Jay papers. I got about 22 oz of cake from 5 plants and 26 oz of dawg from 5.

Not bad considering I basically just left them and fed them.
View attachment 1182588View attachment 1182589View attachment 1182590View attachment 1182591View attachment 1182592View attachment 1182593View attachment 1182594
Jesus..they got some weight to them Fudge 😍.

I thought you already made some cakes and cookies lol....your a guts... 😂

Fudge

Fudge

Jesus..they got some weight to them Fudge 😍.

I thought you already made some cakes and cookies lol....your a guts... 😂
It's an amazing smoke too the cake. I have a steady customer base of medical users mate. A few elder generation, a woman with MS, one cancer patient and a mate with chrones disease. I don't charge them and 7se the few quid I make from other sales to pay for the weed, or at least the cost to grow it. Plus I get mine too 😉 Get high, plus that warm fuzzy feeling you get from helping someone out.

Fudge

Fudge

Im
Ohhh ...lookout shrooms...🍄whay ya gonna have them with..
Going to lemon tel them in a tea. Need to get optimal conditions though. Might book a day off work for them. Or maybe at the fireworks display on Friday to celebrate some dude getting caught trying to blow the government up. 😜🤣 Funny old bunch us brits.

Fudge

Fudge

Where you getting the shrooms from @Fudge
Special delivery mate. I've ordered a couple of grow kits but it's gonne be Xmas by the time they're ready. If you wickr me I'll see if he is OK for me to pass on his details. A really good guy has got LOADS of different strains. I went for something thought provoking as it's for me and the wife. I'd have normally gone for something with a lot more visuals. Although he's told me since then they pack quite a punch 👊😂🍄

Fudge

Fudge

I guess having a platform to air things out on works for seedbanks. UK laws won't allow them to replace seeds due to being illegal to germinate them and sold as souvenirs only. After a couple of emails, these landed at my door.

20211105 133131

Shame I'd already bought replacements and wet them last night. Save these fur another run now I think.

Then an hour later the fast buds stuff arrived
20211105 133347

Last edited:
Fudge

Fudge

The other thing I do is if the roots do occasionally get burrowed as you say, is to gently pull apart the fiber around the roots. Sometimes just tearing along the edge of the napkin and leaving it still on the root, and plant it, with some of the towel still on there. I've had some real jumblefucks to untangle, cause sometimes I'll put a few dozen seeds together, and take the biggest sprouts, or sometimes, I'll be absent minded, and they sit for 3 or 4 days, until I remember.

But yea, personally I think the cone filters do the best job. They seem to be more difficult for them to penetrate.

I think seed popping is a refined art worth getting good at; allowing them to get proper length, if husk are removed, or that little membrane that's under it. There's lot of little tricks to be leaned to make incremental gains on success. I help them out sometimes with tweezers by pressing along the sides, putting pressure right on both sides of the crack. I think timing is really key. Getting it right as it's ready to bust out of it's shell. Also, if you've got that membrane, I find spraying them that are "almost" ready, with a fine mist, and giving them another 10-15 min of additional soak before trying to pull it off, using my thumb and first finger. Lots of little things that can be learned to refine your technique over time.

I'm generally not satisfied, until I can see the first baby leaves separate.

Always having plenty of fresh seeds is a good place to start; cause when I was working with packs of 3, and each cost me $10 a pop, it was far more frustrating, nerve wracking. Now when I approach that 20 year old seed, that's only a 1x, I'm approaching it with far more confidence, and experience.
Managed to get 2 more to pop by wringing the towel out and sticking it in a pot with holes in. Cheers fur the tip. I've kept this round just barely damp and we've got poppers after 2 days. Think they will all be ready to in a day or so. They all look healthy and no seeds are staining the towels like last time either. We'll I used cotton pads this time too as they have a nice lining that doesn't tangle in the tap root.

Get the 420fastbuds stuff wet tomorrow.
20211107 030321
20211107 030326
20211107 030331
20211107 030342

Fudge

Fudge

2nd round
Critical 2.0 all away now
20211108 002016
20211108 010101

1st round are all on their first true leaves