Fugu Kush Grow Report:

• Thread starter NightbirdX
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Hey all. I've been growing my Fugu for awhile now. I figured I'd wait a bit longer to start my journal as it gets a little tedious watching a bunch of veg plants. I am about to flip these in a couple days. They have sexed themselves and have been transplanted into their final pots.

I guess I can start you guys with a recap of everything so far. I started a full pack of Fugu. I've been in search of Blowfish for awhile, so I popped them all to maximize my chance of finding a nice BF dom fem or even a male for that matter. :-P I'll get to that later. After popping all 10 via the paper towel method, I ended up going 6/10. 3 never popped and 1 popped and fizzled out. But the 6 that did pop were super vigorous. Even more so than any other strain I popped with it at the time. After 2 days the seedlings were 1-2" long begging to be thrown in dirt. I was very impressed with the vigor and it made up a bit for the lost 4 seeds. :)

They were all very happy plants to grow during veg. I planted them all into 1 gal pots. I like bigger pots at first for less transplanting and less shock. They were vegged under T-5's. They got plain h20 until week 2. From week 2-4 they got EWC tea. from week 4-6 I added some Earth Syrup to the EWC tea. I introduced them to their biocanna regimen for a week and then transplanted them into 5 gal gardening pots. They will get BioCanna, Guano, and tea through flowering.

So I went 6/10 and out of those I had 3 females, and 3 males. I ended up getting what looks to be a blowfish dom pheno, a hybrid of both, and a more bubba dom leaning fem. The males were about the same. 1 of each type of pheno.

Here are the lovely ladies, Fugu Kush #4-6
Fugu #4 Fem Sat..jpg
Fugu #4 Top.jpg
Fugu #5 Fem.jpg
Fugu #5 Top.jpg
Fugu #6 Fem.jpg
Fugu #6 Top.jpgFugu 4 fem satFugu 4 topFugu 5 femFugu 5 topFugu 6 femFugu 6 top

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Here are the males. I am keeping the Sat dom male (middle of the 3 males pic.) I am going to harvest some pollen from him to make some F2's and to knock up a few of my concubines to see what interesting flavors I can add to my repertoire. I will prob also grab some Bubba dom pollen to hit my Pre-98 Bubba up for a sorta super bubba. :) Endless oppurtunities. The more sat dom male, has a real nice structure, not too vertical, has good branching, is fairly short, and has this nice sorta incense smell. He was the one I call death blossom, and was the first plant to show sex. he has been super vigorous from the start. I figure I can't go wrong using him. :)

3 Fugu Males

Keeper Fugu Male

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Very cool project you have going. Those are all beautiful plants, even the males. I would love to see how many phenotype expressions there are in an F2 of these. I also like the idea of your Super Bubba.

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Thanks guys. They are definitely a joy to grow. I just gave them a feeding tonight and started the preflowering treatment. I walk out and come in and they were already turning green and the leaves were perking back up.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

May I inquire as to what your pre-flower treatment is?

Plants love getting love. I always loved when I watered my plants and their first reaction was to reach their leaves towards the light. It is such a good look for them, and it is an easy way to tell that they are healthy plants. I actually find my hot peppers also do this.

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

A week prior to flowering I will start using Greenfuse Bloom and BioBud to start giving it the hormones and the signal to start flowering. I normally shave a couple days off of initiation of flowering using just the BioBud. I recently started using Greenfuse Bloom so the verdict is still out.

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

I flipped them 4 days ago, and just sent the ladies to the main flowering room. I only ended up keeping 3 males from my whole seed run, I ended up keeping the male in the middle of the pic. I affectionately call him Deathblossom. :) He has just been super vigorous, and was the fist to sex himself. His leaves are all at angles almost like looking at a helix or something. Pretty crazy so I kept him as the representative of the Fugu's. I left him and the other males I kept (Raskal's OG, and Aliendawg) in the preflowering room. I'll leave them in there until they are ready to harvest pollen from. Everything is looking good overall. I have 3 very different looking females which look to have a bit of sativa influence in them so, hopefully I'll get that Blowfish Dom female. :)

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Update Wk 2 of Flowering Day 16.

Everything is going pretty smooth. I had a big pH drop and started to get some buildup and the start of lockout. I added lime and gave a couple good flushes and they are back on track, and really look as though they never missed a beat. They are all fairly short stocky plants. The Bubba in them is really starting to come through. The thinner leaves that were looking more Sativa, are now fattening up and looking really kushy. We'll see what the Blowfish brings in the end though. :) Still 8 weeks to go. The more Bubba looking plant has MASSIVE leaves the size of dinner plants. Way bigger than my hand. So far so good. :)

Fugu Kush #6 day 16
Fugu Kush 6 Wk 2 1
Fugu Kush 6 Wk 2 2
Fugu Kush 6 Wk 2 3
Fugu Kush 6 Wk 2 4

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

This is the Fugu dude I called Death Blossom as he just was all sharp angles in regards to the way his leaves stuck out in an aggressive manner. He took a little longer than my other males to flower, but he was the biggest by far. I look forward to seeing what he is going to bring to the table. :)

Fugu Dude day 14:

Fugu Dude day 14
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

That #6 may end up finishing up a bit earlier than the others from the looks of it. All those plants are beautiful. I wonder what would happen if you used the Death Blossom and the #6 to breed some seeds. There could be some real potential to get some amazing herb.

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

The smells and frost are starting to come on. The smell is hard to place, but the smell NOTHING like the coffee chocolate kush of Bubba so I'm hoping that the Blowfish is shining through. I have a pre-98 in the same batch, and they don't look at all alike. I'm guessing the '91 Bubba? that Hazeman used isnt really like the Pre-98. Other than that, they are actually pretty uniform. the only big difference is a bit of leaf size and one is a little more tighter spacing. Other than that, they smell and look alike. I'm at day 22 right now and they look righteous. I'll try to add some more pics later this week.

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Alright I know Im a bit behind, but i've taken some pics just need to go through them and resize them and everything. These plants amaze me every day they are starting to take on some of their own characteristics at this point. It looks like I have 1 Bubba dom, 1 hybrid that is starting to purple up, and one more BF dom. They all smell the same right now. Still the waxy candy smell with some incense. Still hard to place, but they are starting to really pack on the frost. They are really easy keepers and haven't started yellowing too much like I am getting with some of the others. At day 33 now. Just about at the half way point. :) I'll get those pics up asap.

NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Here is Fugu #6 at day 32. This is the more Bubba Dom pheno. It has tighter stacking and dinner plate leaves. SUPER frosty. Serious frost for sure. Looks like it will be the best yielder.

They are all starting to smell of black licorice with that candy waxy smell behind it. Not the best smelling, but a very interesting smell nonetheless.

Fugu Kush 6 Day 32 1
Fugu Kush 6 Day 32 2
Fugu Kush 6 Day 32 3
Fugu Kush 6 Day 32 4
Fugu Kush 6 Day 32 5
Fugu Kush 6 Day 32 7
Fugu Kush 6 Day 32 8
NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Here is prob my favorite so far. It has everything the others do but more. It looks more like a hybrid of the 2, not as stacked as the Bubba dom, but a little tighter structure than #5. If the others are a 9.5 on frostiness, this one is a 10.5. Remarkably frosty for sure. Check the pics of the underskirt. :P The leaves also started purpling up a bit ago. Cant wait to sample her.

Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 1
Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 2
Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 3
Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 4
Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 5
Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 6
Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 7
Fugu Kush 4 Day 32 8
NightbirdX

NightbirdX

Here is #5. She looks more BF dom with thinner leaves than the others and not quite as tight as the others. But she is still super frosty also. No clue how I'm supposed to pick the keeper when they are all amazing in their own ways, lol. Guess I'll have to keep em all. :P

Fugu Kush 5 day 32 1
Fugu Kush 5 day 32 2
Fugu Kush 5 day 32 3
Fugu Kush 5 day 32 4
Fugu Kush 5 day 32 5
Fugu Kush 5 day 32 6
Fugu Kush 5 day 32 7
Fugu Kush 5 day 32 8
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

is this Hazeman's Fugu?

i could have sworn in my stash box i have a pack from MOTA

am i on crazy pills or did the line get passed? kinda like the heri?

Top Bottom