Fun in the Sun BBK & Goo

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Pulled the lights down and did some bondage on the ladies yesterday. They got the CalCarb foliar last night so we will just have to see how that does.

The girls are responding very well to my nute schedule. We had to back off a little on things as the leaves were canoeing a bit. They get 1/2gallon everyday with a feed, feed, water. When they get straight water they get foliar fed that night.

Pic 1: Growth over the last week was intense. We even had 3 cloudy days w/o much sun.:confused0054:

Pic 2: The Goo......stout little Indica thats for damn sure.

Pic 3: The BBK........This plant is a monster. :character0029:

Day1flwr
Gooday1flwr
Bbkday1flwr
Mike49048

Mike49048

See your keeping yourself busy since you finished your indoor. For a late start those girls are looking great.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks Mike! This is my first outdoor run and it started out as more of just a fun thing to do. I wish I would have had more strains to run but DD's told me to learn one strain and it's quirks then move on to another. Gonna open up the stable to some OG's here soon and see where that takes me. I definitely don't wanna bite off more than I can chew. If I remember next Sunday I will get some pics of where we brew up the juice for the ladies.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok farmin questions for you guys.

1. Should I lollipop em a bit?

2. Since we are progressively losing light. Sunday there was 12:31 minutes light and 60 days from then will be 10:31 of light. Will we finish earlier than 60 days or will they take longer?

Mike49048

Mike49048

I feel you with learning one strain at a time, each one seems to grow so different. I'm growing out two mothers of that Blackberry strain right now. Trying to figure out the right feeding for them right now. Growing them under 250w for now their only about a foot tall and starting their second seven leaf growth. I don't have a camara yet other wise I'ld post some pics. I think I'm going to try some Super Silver Haze clones with the Blackberry once I start cloning the mothers, and put them both in flowering at the sametime. Not quite sure if I should try two strains at once tell I know how the Blackberry grows.:evilgrin0040:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok farmin questions for you guys.

1. Should I lollipop em a bit?

2. Since we are progressively losing light. Sunday there was 12:31 minutes light and 60 days from then will be 10:31 of light. Will we finish earlier than 60 days or will they take longer?
No, I think that since you are where you are, you should go for the staggered harvest. Take what's ready when it's ready, leave the rest for later.

I can't say that diminishing sunlight would really cause a delay in finishing, but I haven't ever done what you're doing here.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@ Mike

Well not really sure this is Blackberry Kush anymore. I know the guy who created the strain and he tells me this is nothing like what he created. Whatever it is.....everyone who I have shared it with has enjoyed it. What I dropped off at the club seemed to disappear really quickly as well.

@Seamaiden

Thanks sugar! Hope you don't mind me callin ya sugar. I call all the ladies that. I took your advice and bought some trellis netting. Since the ground is hard as rock we have to soak the area's that we will be putting the 2x2's to hold the trellis so we didn't get them installed this weekend.

First week of flower and lemme tell ya....there are bud sites everywhere. The Goo's have really shot up as well.

My buddy standing behind the plant is 5'10" just to give you guys a scale of how much these plants have grown in the last month and a half.:muscle

Wk1flwr
Thats Jerry
K

KosSio28

Beautyful pics my brother they looking perfekt All the best and good luck

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Thanks KosSio! Headed out to see the girls tomorrow and get em all trellised. I really didn't expect them to get as big as they have. Certainly not complaining. We got a heat wave headed our way this weekend. This is where the added silica should really pay off.

S

Sunset_Hunter

varmit cong

I put a road safety flare in the
tunnel the gopher uses to travel
to your plant. About $2 at the
auto parts store. I live next to
an alfalfa field so I have killed
many gophers.

Put the burning flare in the tunnel
and cover the hole, the sulfer smoke
will choke the gophers near by but I
usually have returning gophers after
about 30 days of the flare attack.

Plan for future gophers coming back
using the already dug tunnel. There
is a propane gopher bomber at Lowes
that blows up the tunnels that I see
the professionals use. Good luck.

Kill all gophers and bud eating catipillers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You might also want a good dog to catch somma dem gophers. I used to have a great squirreling/gopher-gettin' dog, but she's buried out under the big black oak now. I also know a guy who blew up about five of his ten acres trying to kill gophers with some product that's supposed to suffocate them. He went bigger than recommended and the whole thing went BOOM! Oddly enough, didn't eradicate his gophers.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

After the first attack we made sure the dog was left outside at night and haven't had any problems since. We also douse the area and holes with castor oil. So far so good.

That story cracks me up Seamaiden!

In the future I will be in raised beds or big pots so I won't have to deal with the Varmit Cong.:hunter:

Got things trellised this weekend. Things are moving right along. Little popcorn nugs everywhere. Decided to hit the Blackberry, or whatever it is, with some nitrogen. Since they have taken on a LOT of vertical growth they look like they could use a little to make it through the rest of the run. Also foliar fed with Xtreme Gardenings CalCarb. The previous use of it seemed to give them a good boost so we shall see what it does this time now that we have nugs everywhere.

Sorry about the unfocused pic at the end. It was really bright and couldn't see the screen.

100 1911
100 1916
100 1914
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It looks like that one branch popped up in your picture. Doncha love that Hortonova? I see how you're preparing for when they get really big, gonna be able to trellis UP, too. Nice.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Yeah if the taller ones start leanin on us we are gonna put some more trellis on there. Thanks for that tip on the hortonova! Really Seamaiden you are a SWEETHEART! Gotta call this morning from the caretaker and he said that the boost of nitrogen evened things out and now they are all a nice shade of green. Also told me the buds are starting to fill out. Looking forward to seeing them this weekend. My projects at home don't keep me busy enough.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Weekly Pic update. Installing second round of trellis next week as the buds start swelling up. :banana1sv6:

I noticed some ants on one of the Goo's. Open to suggestions on "Safe" methods to get rid of them. I remember reading something a while back about ants and aphids but so far the plants look really healthy. Just wanna nip it in the bud before my buds get destroyed.

After we left the garden we moseyed on over to Wonderland and picked up some new genetics. I was really impressed with how nice the clones looked. I also took a look at the Blackberry Kush meds they had and it looked and smelled exactly what I am running so I'm gonna stop worrying about what others are telling me.

These are the new strains I picked up:
Sour Alien
Raskal's OG
Corleone Kush
Banana OG
Blackwater (seeds)

Next run should be indoor and packed with a lot of Kushie goodness!

2010 10 03 13 16 50 585
2010 10 03 13 17 08 663
2010 10 03 13 17 37 405
2010 10 03 13 18 03 279
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Well I hope the rain didn't kill this grow. Won't be able to look at them til Saturday but I'm hoping that since things have been on the cool side we will be ok. If we get another rain like this last week I'm throwin tarps over em.

Second round of trellising this weekend and gonna hit em with some Safer's Fungicide. We are headed into week 5 of Flower and yesterday was the new moon........so hopefully these girls will soak up everything in the ground. This rain could prove to be a blessing.......then again if I spot any mold it could be a curse. We shall see if Mother Nature was kind.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
K, coupla things: First, rain alone isn't going to ruin the girls.
Second, definitely keep up on the trellising! I can't be arsed to show you pix of what happens when you do versus when you don't, but I'm just going to encourage you to keep doing it, you'll be glad. Pay extra special attention to supporting branches in such a manner that, when weighted down with all that extra moisture, they can't snap off completely.

Third, SHAKE 'em after the rain, gets a lot of the moisture off/out. Fourth, be very careful tarping as that can cause a mold situation more easily and quickly than simply leaving them wet. If the Safer's doesn't do it, get Oxidate and be really careful handling it.

Fifth, NICE. :)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Seamaiden you pretty much ROCK! We added more trellis today and I bought some Serenade to give em an ounce of prevention. I was freaking out on the rain and started thinking about a friend whose crop was ruined by boytritis. All was well and they looked really good. Kinda glad it rained when it did. We just went into a new moon so hopefully the girls will soak up all that moisture and really pack on some weight this next week. Headed into the home stretch now and I am shopping for a trimmer! Probably pick up the trim pro rotor. There's only three of us to take this down and from the looks of things we are gonna be workin our butts off in 4 weeks.:muscle

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah, botrytis is another manifestation of The Devil. "Only" three of you? Pff.

You're looking at close to a couple of weeks of good weather just like I am, yes? Time for carboloading!

Top Bottom