Fungus Gnat Or Root Aphid Flier

• Thread starter bigblue72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigblue72

bigblue72

hello farmers I have just caught this in my veg room and was wondering if this was a fungus gnat or root aphid flier ? I have killed about 4 of them how do I get rid of them thanks farmers

Still0039jpg
Still0040jpg
CharmCity915

CharmCity915

Looks like fungus gnat to me
You can go to home.depot or Lowes and they sell NEEM oil. I use 3-4 cap fulls of NEEM , 1/4 tsp hand soap with room temp water( breaks down the oil easier) then treat your baby's. They also have these dunks that work well

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

hello farmers I have just caught this in my veg room and was wondering if this was a fungus gnat or root aphid flier ? I have killed about 4 of them how do I get rid of them thanks farmers
Let your baby's dry out as much as possible.. Don't give them anything to feed on until you do a treatment or else you're just fueling the gnats

ken dog

ken dog

I have only found one thing that actually works to kill the larvae, and that is Gnatrol... Make sure to use RO water with it.
I still keep mothers in the same soilless mix that harbored fungus gnat larvae... They are completely eradicated.

bigblue72

bigblue72

thanks @CharmCity915 I do have a bottle of neem do I just water it through them without any nutrients? and can I use any brand hand soap is it the liquid stuff ?

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

thanks @CharmCity915 I do have a bottle of neem do I just water it through them without any nutrients? and can I use any brand hand soap is it the liquid stuff ?
Neem oil will be just fine dude.
In a gallon of water mix 3 cap fulls with any type of hand soap and room temp water. I flush the bucket meaning pour water slowly until its running out the bottom. With that said, only do it a few times or you could destroy the root chemistry that it has built up over time. Everything going on in your soil is good stuff, micros and all that stuff lol.

If ya need anything just ask and I'll do my best or find the person who does

ken dog

ken dog

I weighed out 5 grams to one gallon of RO water... the maximum dosage.

I applied once a week for 4 weeks... And then once again two weeks later.

bigblue72

bigblue72

thanks again I have ordered the gnatrol while I wait for that to get here I might mix up some of @Capulator biowar see how they like that LOL

bigblue72

bigblue72

just got my gnatrol today I'm going to use distilled water but have a couple of questions , do I add to my normal food or on its own and should I ph the mixture thanks peeps

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't really see the wings very well, but you can tell the difference easily between the two by the wings.
IIRC, fungus gnat wings come together like praying hands, whereas the RA wings lie flat over the back like a fly's wings. Double check on that though, I'm going by memory and while I still see fungus gnats, I also really need a new eyeglass Rx.

I found no relief with Gnatrol (perhaps because I didn't mix it with RO water?). I found it with Spinosad AND bleaching my drains. So if the Gnatrol doesn't work (it works for the vast majority of people I've seen posting who've used it) then Spinosad can also work well here. And consider bleaching the drains (and rinsing after an hour or so).

Also, if you have houseplants, treat them as well.

Did you know that distilled water is the closest thing to pure water you can get, and that RO, even with DI, is still only considered filtered water? I think I read that on Lenntech's site.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Man, I am building some soil and adding a decent amount of neem as I seem to have gnats show up once or twice per grow. Stuff smells like a Ramen noodle seasoning packet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom