Fungus Gnats Solution?

• Thread starter Piggy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Piggy

Piggy

I have a fungus gnat problem in one of my grow tents. I have over 50 clones in Solo Squared Cups with no holes at the bottom. I've noticed gnats flying all over the place, I've added oscillating fans in the tent to make it harder for them to land on the soil but i still see them landing on the soil. Is there another method yall recommend that can eradicate these gnats?

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I've honestly tried about everything, and for the price it's hard to beat mosquito bits. It's one of those rare deals where it's both the most cost effective, and among the most successful remedies.

I'll shake a couple tablespoons in a gallon of water, let it soak for a few, and divide that among all my plants, followed immediately with a deep watering. I'd also be thinking about sticky traps and drainage.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

This is the solution. Get some yellow sticky pads and start hitting your plants with this. In a month you won’t have any and can just use a drop a gal as maintenance. It’s a life saver. So happy I found it, I tried everting for years... literally everything. The bacteria in this takes those fuckers out hard💯💯

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

This is natural and is honestly a million times better than the boys. Tried them too. This is pretty new I think but myself and several people I know are using it now and have eliminated our problem is living soil to almost non existent levels

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Has anybody tried beneficial nematodes for gnats? I was actually going to start a thread asking about using nematodes in your pots. I know its best to keep soil moist so that might be a deterrent. I am going to try some in my garden and around the lawn for grubs and mostly for Ants. Hope to kill the queens. But it also said effective for fungus gnats.

Anthem

Anthem

Has anybody tried beneficial nematodes for gnats? I was actually going to start a thread asking about using nematodes in your pots. I know its best to keep soil moist so that might be a deterrent. I am going to try some in my garden and around the lawn for grubs and mostly for Ants. Hope to kill the queens. But it also said effective for fungus gnats.
They work as well. Little MF's got up the anus of the fungal gnats and basically kill them from the inside out. Seems a fitting punishment for eating the roots of your plants once there is no more organic material in the soil!!!!!!!!!!

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I've used the SF attack from Arbico. They worked well, but have a short shelf life. Also played with the microbe-lift BMC, which worked for awhile.

mckoomer

mckoomer

I have a fungus gnat problem in one of my grow tents. I have over 50 clones in Solo Squared Cups with no holes at the bottom. I've noticed gnats flying all over the place, I've added oscillating fans in the tent to make it harder for them to land on the soil but i still see them landing on the soil. Is there another method yall recommend that can eradicate these gnats?
The
You can get rid of them before planting if you sterilize the soil cook it till it gets to 180f but don't do it if your soil has nutes in it already. then add nitrifying bacteria back into it by rinsing filter sponges from a fish tanks bio filter when you water. Hard to get rid of them without using chemicals once the plant is growing. Grubs are in allot of soil mixes. So the best way is to cook em.

OjoDeMalo

OjoDeMalo

see above

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

see above
I am using an amendment called Earth Dust by The Green Sunshine company it has living microbes and using Fox Farms soils mixed with pro mix right now. My first grow. I haven't seen a fungus gnat YET...LOL but was thinking about shooting some nematodes in my soil when I apply them around the house and garden. I basically wanted to make sure they wouldn't hurt my plants or detrimental to my soil in pots. More of a preventative measure. Im sure to deal with them eventually. Thanks for the advise.

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

I’ve use gnatrol as a foliar spray. You should up pot into pots with drain holes. Use drain trays also. Cover the tops of every pot with playground sand... about 1” deep and cover drain holes with sand in trays. Hang stick pads up and I use super large sticky pads from Amazon. I slice them and cut a hole in the middle.... then I put them around the plant base on top of the sand..... THIS WILL GET THEM I PROMISE

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

I've honestly tried about everything, and for the price it's hard to beat mosquito bits. It's one of those rare deals where it's both the most cost effective, and among the most successful remedies.

I'll shake a couple tablespoons in a gallon of water, let it soak for a few, and divide that among all my plants, followed immediately with a deep watering. I'd also be thinking about sticky traps and drainage.
can you use mosquito bits during flower?

MeanGreen420

MeanGreen420

"mosquito bits" in your reservoir water and just water as normal and in a few weeks they'll be gone. add a tbls every time you refill the reservoir (5G) for the first week-10 days. 2 tbls if its 10g or larger
this ok during flowering?

Top Bottom