Fungus Gnats Solution?

• Thread starter Piggy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Anyone know how much BMC to use per gallon? The instructions are for real large volumes.

I have seen recomendations from 2-5 drops per gallon. I used 4 drops per gallon and repeated once per week. Gnats mostly went away. Important to keep dryish soil and room.

Also used yellow sticky cards hung above the canopy to snag the fliers.

Lp_jr

Lp_jr

I have seen recomendations from 2-5 drops per gallon. I used 4 drops per gallon and repeated once per week. Gnats mostly went away. Important to keep dryish soil and room.

Also used yellow sticky cards hung above the canopy to snag the fliers.
Thanks MIMed!

Bandito_FTW

Bandito_FTW

Has anybody tried beneficial nematodes for gnats? I was actually going to start a thread asking about using nematodes in your pots. I know its best to keep soil moist so that might be a deterrent. I am going to try some in my garden and around the lawn for grubs and mostly for Ants. Hope to kill the queens. But it also said effective for fungus gnats.
Yes, and they work. But if you wait until a major infestation, it takes a while to see results. I use a product called Nuke Em’ Flying Skull to hit the ones I see, even during flower. (Wouldn’t spray anything else during flower, especially neem.) And that only happened because I waited too long to apply the nematodes. Apply them early and they last for months in your soil. And definitely get the yellow sticky traps. Helps you see how bad the infestation is and also helps you see the improvement over time.

Cooler

Cooler

Does anyone know, there is a milky white liquid your could use against fungus gnats 2ml or 4 ml per gal, and you could put it together with regular nutrients when watering. Looks just like milk. Does anyone know what is called? It does not harm the plants at all and at the same time destroys the gnats for good. I have used it a while ago and do not remember what it’s called. Please let me know if you know what is it called???

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

Does anyone know, there is a milky white liquid your could use against fungus gnats 2ml or 4 ml per gal, and you could put it together with regular nutrients when watering. Looks just like milk. Does anyone know what is called? It does not harm the plants at all and at the same time destroys the gnats for good. I have used it a while ago and do not remember what it’s called. Please let me know if you know what is it called???
Gnatrol.

growsince79

growsince79

I have a fungus gnat problem in one of my grow tents. I have over 50 clones in Solo Squared Cups with no holes at the bottom. I've noticed gnats flying all over the place, I've added oscillating fans in the tent to make it harder for them to land on the soil but i still see them landing on the soil. Is there another method yall recommend that can eradicate these gnats?
No holes in bottom? Wow, you must like dead plants with lots of gnats.

Homesteader

Homesteader

BTi is the way to go. Bits, mibrobelift, or Gnatrol. Gnatrol is the most concentrated but costs a good amount too. Works great though. Microbelift for birdbaths is what I use. Webb's pond website $15 I think (going on two years same small bottle). Mosquito dunks are pricey when you compare how little bti is in it. Paying for cork mostly.

I get scared spraying bacteria though and only use it as a soil drench. If you do it early in the grow you won't have issues and won't need it in flower

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

wow. 37% BT.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

There is a way easier way to do this.
just put an inch or two of perlite on the top soil and then an inch or two in the drip tray. Then add sticky traps the the top of tent/grow area and on top of the pots in strips. Also only water when the pot feels super light when you pick it up. You want to make it a bad environment for the babies to grow and dry soil will do that. Always worked for me. If that don’t work nuke em or nematodes will work for sure.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

There is a way easier way to do this.
just put an inch or two of perlite on the top soil and then an inch or two in the drip tray. Then add sticky traps the the top of tent/grow area and on top of the pots in strips. Also only water when the pot feels super light when you pick it up. You want to make it a bad environment for the babies to grow and dry soil will do that. Always worked for me. If that don’t work nuke em or nematodes will work for sure.
I had them earlier in this grow I’m currently in and I’ve never seen any evidence of em again. I’ve been taking small soil samples every week and looking at em under a really powerful microscope. I saw some babies in the first week but nothing after that. :)

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I have a fungus gnat problem in one of my grow tents. I have over 50 clones in Solo Squared Cups with no holes at the bottom. I've noticed gnats flying all over the place, I've added oscillating fans in the tent to make it harder for them to land on the soil but i still see them landing on the soil. Is there another method yall recommend that can eradicate these gnats?
sf-nematodes-label_compact_cropped.png
SF Beneficial Nematodes - attacks Fungas Gnat, Rootknot, Root Aphid and other soil pests! × 1
5 million
$14.75​
Nature’s Good Guys

GreenHornet01

GreenHornet01

My Mom's suggestion doesnt eliminate but controls them and its simple and almost free, A small 4x4" open container with about an inch deep of Cider Vinegar with some table sugar in it.

PiffinOut

PiffinOut

i had a really good experience leavivng a old stale cup of really sweet honey/ cream coffee in my room. filled with fungus gnats pretty quick. gnats like the color yellow as well so a yellow cup would be extra helpful.. might even have been the sweetness combined with the fact the coffee was beige/dark yellow. cant say itll help your tent in time but i got a bunch unintentionally that way and im no expert, it just... was shocking how many were attracted and fell in and died. The mixture is thick when you use cream so the flies tend to die, unlike with water.
I personally always have pool filter sand laying around, and thus I use that as a soil topper for most of my plants I worry about gnats with or plants I consider bringing indoors. Sand is gritty and heavy, Gnats cant penetrate the sand and larva already there mature and die in it. From my readin in aquatics, pool filter sand is beneficial not just as a barrier between soil/air soil/water but it double as a cheap silica provider. Silica which is beneficial to plants. Not only that I think the fact the pool filter sand is pale/white glass essentially might help slightly keep the soil cooler via reflecting light back out instead of asborbing it in.

Mrb53

Mrb53

BUG OFF - 100% Organic non-GMO - a foliar that can be used all the way to harvest, and leaves entirely zero residue, and it scrubs, cleans, conditions, protects the plant, even gives it potassium and pure vitamin c, which both get absorbed though the stomas, and also though the dermal layers of the plant. This stuff will even hold water (hydroscopic) during times of heat stress, and reduce (lower) the freezing temp of dew on the plant. It uses bio-organic methods (bacteria, nano micelle colloidal particles) that attack the bugs ability to digest things, inactivating their digestive enzyme capacity, starving them, inhibit their ability to make proteins, Dissolving their exoskeleton, dissolving the newborns, and eggs. It's a multi-prong strategy that basically kills them by multiple avenues. comes in 20ml bottles for $30. Dilution ratio 15ml per gallon of water. Effigy is 2 weeks after mixing, shelf life 1 year. Just ask ME!

Top Bottom