Fungus Gnats

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

Keeping your environment clean is also important. I put down horticultural plastic and I am now making sure not to leave bags open and try to clean organic matter off the floor immediately. I make up a solution of 1 TBS Mrs Meyers lavender hand soap 2 TBS 91% iso alcohol and a few drops of lemongrass oil and spray the plastic and wipe it down every other day. If it gets on your plants no big deal. It DIY green cleaner then some
Made ur homemade cleaner today with (lemon mrs meyers and eucalyptus oil)

For soap nuts is it ok for me to buy the organic laundry ones and grind them up myself and then steep them?

T

Tearsofshiva

@Organikz im thinking about just putting this mixture into a swiffer wetjet bottle and using it everyday

GreenGrower7

GreenGrower7

I recommend diatomaceous earth, food grade only. Dust the top of your soil with this stuff after every water, it will shred those bastards on a microscopic level. Also good to mix a little in with your soil I've heard

Junk

Junk

I personally DONT like the ladybugs because they poop all over the plant...
Me too lol...
...but then, so are the gnats.

Also, just to make sure it's covered, are you hanging those yellow sticky traps in the space? I hang them in every tent, for every stage, all the time. It helps prevent them from starting, and taking some out of the rotation if it has started.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

I've used lady bugs quite a bit for various bug control, as for the gnats, I can see them go crazy when I water, because the gnats come out from the soil, so I know they are eating them, but their population, FG's, continue to grow. You would need a lot, and I suppose that's what you intend.. Also they cause weird problem like clogging up filters, becoming stuck in flowers,... When released, they head to the nearest water source with a die-hard swiftness.Tip- do not have a humidifier on when releasing them. They will fly straight to it by the hundreds and the one time I did this, they actually broke the machine until I took it part and cleaned it.. Hundreds maybe thousands of dead ladybugs first day.

V

VonDank

Crush mosquito dunks in a couple plastic bags to turn it to powder. Spread couple table spoons on top of your soil and hang a couple yellow sticky traps if you already have gnats. No need for traps if you don't.
Reapply at transplants. That's it. No gnats or other flyers.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Crush mosquito dunks in a couple plastic bags to turn it to powder. Spread couple table spoons on top of your soil and hang a couple yellow sticky traps if you already have gnats. No need for traps if you don't.
Reapply at transplants. That's it. No gnats or other flyers.
Won't mosquito dunks harm the beneficial also?

T

Tearsofshiva

They're outta control lol ladybugs might eat some but they aren't overcoming them that's for sure.... I might harvest next Friday. Ordered some hypoapsis because nematodes didn't seem to do much at stopping the larva, also setup a shitload of sticky traps.

V

VonDank

Not at all. Their a beneficial. You could also layer Ditamacious but sometimes watering just mixes it in. I've ran dunks for more years than I can remember.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Not at all. Their a beneficial. You could also layer Ditamacious but sometimes watering just mixes it in. I've ran dunks for more years than I can remember.
Are you saying the mosquito dunks won't kill beneficial insects?

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

No, it won't. Mosquito dunks are bti (bacillus thuringiensis israelensis), which is larvicide and it only affects larvae. One howhever still needs yellow stickies to catch the adults so they don't continue to lay eggs.
Nemotodes??

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Simple fix bro, let your medium dry a little further or lower your humidity. Some people add a little sand to the to top of the medium witch will dry the surface much quicker. Never add peroxide to your medium!

T

Tearsofshiva

I been using @Organikz soap nut spray and homemade cleaner, ladybugs, sticky traps, still waiting on the hypoapsis I'll add them as soon as they get here. Next run I plan on sprinkling some mosquito dunks on my top dress as well.... could've never come up with this regimen all on my own, we grow TOGETHER

Ps... sorry but I'm BAKEDDDDD

Latest posts

Top Bottom