Fungus Gnats

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Dip n grow FTMFW!!!

Hands down the BEST!
Hell yeah, ya can clone exotic trees with Dip. I've had roots come our from 1/2 inch above any medium. If the gels Root-tech is best (has the highest amount of hormone, but only 1 of the 2) Dip has that max on both hormones....plus 10 bucks for 2000+ clones...Can't beat it!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

For sure, I tried to trick some of you a week or so ago with a weird growth 2" above my cloning collars thread. But most knew what it was. Im tempted to try out .5ml in my 2.5 gal aero cloner. Main ingredient in dip n grow is same as one of the cloner additives for root growth.

I've been sing this stuff for 2yrs now.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

For sure, I tried to trick some of you a week or so ago with a weird growth 2" above my cloning collars thread. But most knew what it was. Im tempted to try out .5ml in my 2.5 gal aero cloner. Main ingredient in dip n grow is same as one of the cloner additives for root growth.

I've been sing this stuff
.5 ml sounds about right, but I don't know, I've never heard anyone attempting it. Brilliant idea!

brazel

brazel

Hell yeah, ya can clone exotic trees with Dip. I've had roots come our from 1/2 inch above any medium. If the gels Root-tech is best (has the highest amount of hormone, but only 1 of the 2) Dip has that max on both hormones....plus 10 bucks for 2000+ clones...Can't beat it!
Aloe Vera leaf makes for a good rooting hormone just stab the Clone into the gel.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Aloe Vera leaf makes for a good rooting hormone just stab the Clone into the gel.
I've heard honey too. Ya don't need rooting hormone at all, it will just take a bit longer. My trick to getting near, if not 100% (besides environment) feed light, and use bloom nutes about an hour or 2 before ya take the cuts, and keep em in ph'd water a couple hours. SUPER healthy plants, or deficient plants will have hollow stems. The food shoots right up if it's the healthy case. If clones are too happy, they will take forever. I know people think the hollow stem thing could be genetic, but it's not the cass. Feeding em, and waiting will prevent a root bubble.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Are any of you using or have used insect frass for FG control?

brazel

brazel

I cut with scissors, put it into a jar of water that been run through the hydrologic small boy, it removes chlorine, chloramine, heavy metals and sediment.

After I get my cuts I pick a leaf of aloe vera off the plant then I'll slice the stem of the clone with a razor and stab it into the aloe vera, then put that neoprene holder on it and set it into this ultrasonic fogger. 7 sometimes 10 days.

Another method l use is with ful-power and silica added to the glass of water and let them sit in there, then put into root plug as water with aloe Vera.

I have no complaints
Screenshot 20170930 124924

brazel

brazel

I've heard honey too. Ya don't need rooting hormone at all, it will just take a bit longer. My trick to getting near, if not 100% (besides environment) feed light, and use bloom nutes about an hour or 2 before ya take the cuts, and keep em in ph'd water a couple hours. SUPER healthy plants, or deficient plants will have hollow stems. The food shoots right up if it's the healthy case. If clones are too happy, they will take forever. I know people think the hollow stem thing could be genetic, but it's not the cass. Feeding em, and waiting will prevent a root bubble.
I personally never had good luck with honey and cloning. actually I would say no luck! I've had good luck with honey sealing Cuts, branch brakes and stuff in that nature.

Hollow stems is part of why the plant is rigid. Food doesn't flow through them, if you think about it it wouldn't be Hollow if it had food flowing through it(that was my bad attempt at humor ha). A hollow stem has less biomass so it can grow quicker, stronger and taller. The food gets broken down by bacteria, microbes, mycorrhizal will feed it to the roots. Mycorrhizal then gets feed by the plant with sugars through the roots.

brazel

brazel

Are any of you using or have used insect frass for FG control?
Yes but I wouldn't rely on it. It falls in the lines of like neem, they're beneficial in fighting fungus gnats, if you got a couple of them but if you have infestation.... you get the machine gun out

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Yes but I wouldn't rely on it. It falls in the lines of like neem, they're beneficial in fighting fungus gnats, if you got a couple of them but if you have infestation.... you get the machine gun out
Trying to put together an arsinal going, I breed super gnats lol , the promis works for a minute but they come back quickly. So I want to execute a plan with promis,microbe life,pyrethrum bombs and spray cans, sticky cards, goop around the stalks, and the frass if it’s worth my time

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Microbe lift bti
Hypoaspis miles
Nematodes

In my experience is the Ultimate Death Squad.

I always use microbe lift bti if I see them or I don't see them... I'm always using that shit
I love the nematodes but I wish I could cultivate them at home. I will order the hypoasis miles as well

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere else on this thread but it might have been. Lots of new fungal options for fighting gnats.

BioStimz

BioStimz

The larvae can be drawn to the surface by placing freshly cut potatoes over the soil. This will allow the eradication proccess to advance at a faster rate, by having the larvae quarantined to the surface when you make the application.

If you're dealing with a significant problem, Steinernema feltiae are entomopathogenic nematodes, which are extremely effective in eradicating fungus gnat infestations:

Screenshot 20171102 102636

BioStimz

BioStimz

Harris, M. A., R. D. Oetting and W. A. Gardner. 1995. Use of entomopathogenic nematodes and a new monitoring technique for control of fungus gnats, Bradysia coprophila (Diptera: Sciaridae), in floriculture. Biological Control 5: 412-418.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Microbe lift bti
Hypoaspis miles
Nematodes

In my experience is the Ultimate Death Squad.

I always use microbe lift bti if I see them or I don't see them... I'm always using that shit
Wow tge miles and todes really did the job! Can you tell me your dosage on the microbe lift bcm? And do you mix it in before or after mixing nutes?

brazel

brazel

Wow tge miles and todes really did the job! Can you tell me your dosage on the microbe lift bcm? And do you mix it in before or after mixing nutes?
I don't use nutes, I mostly use just water. I imagine you can mix with nutes though. I don't measure, I just squirt some into my chaplin sprayer. It's probably like a teaspoon in two gallons of water

Top Bottom