Funky Town..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Maybe from a light manufacturer perspective but I still disagree if you mean overall market, over half the country is criminalized. We are still a ways off from the major boom in this industry.
A fraction of our commercial clients are building 1000 light setups, this market will be so heavily saturated in 2-3 years how could any home grower expect to profit?

R

redlife215

The market is already fucked up even in the illegal states. The prices fuckin fell thru the floor the past 2 years. When I first came to cali people on the east coast were still paying 4+ for good outdoor, now u can get it out there for 28. It's fuckin crazy and now that Colorado is on it everybody knows somebody from a legal or med state that gives people access to super cheap herb, which is cool now but when it becomes legal the price will easily become 1000 a p for greenhouse and like 1500 for indoor. The argument is always that the big ops won't have the quality but I beg to differ because they have the money to hire as many experienced growers as they need to over see the grows and they will have unlimited space for mothers and clones. My mentality is get the getting while it's still good cus the bubble will pop as soon as it is federally legal and they have big corporations setting up shop. That's real shit too only way around it is to make it illegal again and just decriminaliz3 it. I hate to say it but I hate more to see the weed scene turn into what big tobacco is now.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Not all of those 1000 lighters will be profitable and successful. Some will, some won't. Some will have good product, some won't.

Believe me, some of these larger producers cost of production per unit is not that good. Personally, I've been planning on the indoor market eventually going to $2 per gram wholesale and some of these guys cost to produce isn't even there yet. At least that's been my experience, I know that's not everyone out there.

TK, thanks for putting this thread out there. Good work!

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

I just hit #2.48 a light with Kosher Kush in my old school 1k setup with 2 lights a table on 4' centers non air cooled hoods..needless to say I was pretty stoked..lol

TK, crushing the grows like Willie playing DJANGO,..... and we ain't even talking about getting 'unchained' yet.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

A fraction of our commercial clients are building 1000 light setups, this market will be so heavily saturated in 2-3 years how could any home grower expect to profit?

Ever heard of the HOMEBREWING industry?

i understand the idea of market saturation, every market has a huge side market or 'Niche' to be exploited and believe me when i tell you, with 3 million potential growers (home scale or course) in Colorado alone, and you think all the opportunities to prosper will be gone? Thats just sillly. The Beer market is the most saurated market in the US, and how many brand new brewereis opened in the country last year,.......? Getting the idea?

Gr33~ i enjoy your posts, very articulate and to the point, very informative and complete so please just take this from an 'OLDSCHOOLER' ( havng gone through at least 3 waves of 'newschoolers' that are gonna put it all down on lock down Blah, Blah blah bl b) the market expansion that will take place over the next two decades will leave so much room for profit that worring about it being all covered is, well, unnecessary and comes off as paranoid.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

back on topic to TKs grow. dont want this nice thread to turn in to a debate on the commercialization of weed.

Sorry your so right, i posted my last before seeing this,.....I'll give TK huge props and just be quiet now!

G

Greeninthumb

It isn't 33% more lighting to achieve the same results. It's some tech telling you how to hang lights and you assuming everything would be the same. Gavita has told people out here to throw up gavitas on 3 foot centers. It doesn't prove anything. They have the same amount of light, they're the same bulb. It's how you want the throw. The e-pap throws more of it sideways, look at the reflector, doesn't take a mastermind to see that. The Gavita throws it all down. It's the radiant 8 of double ended hoods. Works great for a lot of people's needs.

The e-pap gets better cross light if both systems are hung on 5 foot centers. It isn't "miraculous". Look in the tent half that epap light is bouncing off the walls. But if there were no walls there that same light would be hitting canopy. Do the same test with four hoods in a 10x10 tent and you'll see different results. The gavita has hot spots, so much so you have to replace the aluminum reflector. The e-pap doesn't, it runs cooler. I've yet to see multiple hundreds of gavitas hung but i've seen hundreds and hundreds of e-paps in commercial facilities.
BUT THE PL FIXTURES FROM WHAT WE HAVE SEEN BLOW GAVITA AWAY!

G

Greeninthumb

You talking to James Grouzos? You can get those pl ones for next to nothing. $300 or less. Kill it!
He doesn't sell for less than $300 because it is a quality fixture but it is the BEST fixture on the market. Been in business longer than any commercial greenhouse company in north America. As GREENINTHETHUMB SAYS buy PL!

G

Greeninthumb

Walls are finished with FRP up to 10' or 12'...Have y'all seen the new PL Lighting DE fixtures...titties!! bout to do some silly shit with these fixtures

http://www.pllight.com/products/fixtures/hse-nxt-ii/

Big tip of the month...Co2 in veg is more benificial in veg than in flower...my veg rooms are killin it and I have shaved probably 21 days off my veg cycle times
Your right on track buying PL. Reflectors don't have to be changed every year like the other brands and this is what most commercial growers use. Call Bravo Lighting in Denver, they are distributors for PL.

sixstring

sixstring

Walls are finished with FRP up to 10' or 12'...Have y'all seen the new PL Lighting DE fixtures...titties!! bout to do some silly shit with these fixtures

http://www.pllight.com/products/fixtures/hse-nxt-ii/

Big tip of the month...Co2 in veg is more benificial in veg than in flower...my veg rooms are killin it and I have shaved probably 21 days off my veg cycle times
any news on these fixtures and their performance yet TK? i looked at pl fixtures years ago before i set up my room full o cooltubes so im curious on those de fixtures you spoke of.

G

Greeninthumb

How would you compare these to Epaps?
Epaps throw the light out too far. Pl has two reflectors so you can get the right pattern. They can also do light plans for larger grow ops. Why do you think PL is the Market leader in Lighting crops? It all comes down to how you grow and light your garden. Air cooled hoods lower your output and change the spectrum. That is why most air cooled hood growers are switching to PL IF they can get their cooling systems under control. EPAP is fine if the patterns fit what your doing but you want penetration into the crop, not just lighting the tops. gavita will work but they are telling people to change the reflectors almost yearly. PL focuses on what works, IMO Gavita sells anything that lights up and if you have $$ they will take it. See if they sell the same stuff to Commercial flower growers. No one really wants Plasma and the guy, I think his name is Ron @ gavita told me the plasma is a "piece of crap", But he will sell it if you have the money. Research what works best for commercial growers. Gavita and PL are the top two, with PL being #1 IMO. but again, see what works best for your area. Don't put a fixture with a round pattern in a square room...... etc.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I havent ran the Pl's yet, I am running a few rooms with classic Gavitas right now and about to play with a big pile of the new Nanolux DE fixtures with the rf computer controller setup..I love the Gavita classics right now, killin it on weight and quality..PL's are a joint venture with Hortilux I believe so workmanship and support is tops, plus I like that you can change out the reflectors to adjust your light spread/footprint

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

GoodMorning @Texas Kid
Just had to stop by and say peace.
I hope you have a epic Xmas may all your Buds be Dank and your spotless rooms Clean . . . .
I hope one day to see see a ya in the south setting up a TK room for our Time under the Gavita's.
Someday it will be Cool even in Georgia too.
Much respect and Good will Vibes to ya you are a true Artisan.
FlyJ

Top Bottom