Funky Town..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Offdarips

Offdarips

My room is 25x25 we are running 20 adjusta wings with 10 tons of air now but we want to go with a DE lighting fixture. We were thinking about the Epaps but now we have to decide either pl or Epaps which do you recommend.

G

Greeninthumb

My room is 25x25 we are running 20 adjusta wings with 10 tons of air now but we want to go with a DE lighting fixture. We were thinking about the Epaps but now we have to decide either pl or Epaps which do you recommend.
The best thing to do is get a light plan from both and see what you think. As I stated before there are many different grow set ups. Depending on how you grow one may work better than the other. Talking to a HONEST rep will help clue you in on what you need. PL has the new DE 120/240V dimmable that is just hitting the market. PL has so much of the Horticultural commercial business they just took a while to get into the MJ market. They are hitting it hard now and because of all the response from growers they are getting a bit backlogged but should be running smooth in the new year. If a rep tells you they have the right fixture for you without talking to you or understanding your needs he is probably just selling to sell. PL/Bravo lighting can discuss what will work for you. If your warehouse or greenhouse isn't set up for their lights they will be honest and tell you what they think will work. That's how a true salesman gets and KEEPS customers. Every company is pretty much using the exact same internal components and lamps, some private label lamps but they come from the same manufacturers. The main difference is the reflectors and the quality of the reflector materials.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I havent ran the Pl's yet, I am running a few rooms with classic Gavitas right now and about to play with a big pile of the new Nanolux DE fixtures with the rf computer controller setup..I love the Gavita classics right now, killin it on weight and quality..PL's are a joint venture with Hortilux I believe so workmanship and support is tops, plus I like that you can change out the reflectors to adjust your light spread/footprint
Nano will offer a variety of reflector options very soon, glad you've got your hands on some.

G

Greeninthumb

What is the mylar cover on the lights for? Air cooling cuts down on the lamp outputs and changes the spectrums. Odd reflectors but if they work for you........

G

Greeninthumb

I think PL is also coming out with a lamp with a bit more UV for flowering.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I think PL is also coming out with a lamp with a bit more UV for flowering.
These bulbs already exist, no one is re-inventing the wheel here..Essentially, you can make a choice when producing a bulb, more Lumens = More Weight, Higher Micromul/PAR = slightly less weight but 'apparently' better resin production.

Don't take this the wrong way but how does the PL fixture 'blow gavita away'? That is simply not possible. No one fixture will crush another, especially when all the bulbs are putting out comparable juice. The big difference is the shape of reflectors, how you focus that light. Reflector choice is based off of style of growing.

G

Greeninthumb

These bulbs already exist, no one is re-inventing the wheel here..Essentially, you can make a choice when producing a bulb, more Lumens = More Weight, Higher Micromul/PAR = slightly less weight but 'apparently' better resin production.

Don't take this the wrong way but how does the PL fixture 'blow gavita away'? That is simply not possible. No one fixture will crush another, especially when all the bulbs are putting out comparable juice. The big difference is the shape of reflectors, how you focus that light. Reflector choice is based off of style of growing.

Your video is stating Gavita is double the light to the crop of the EPAP, this is done by the reflector. same lamp. Your stating that yours blows away the EPAP (how is this possible you ask). Lamps are made up of different gases so that mixture is changed to change the outputs, no one is reinventing the wheel here, just making it better. reflectors are also decided by light plans that take certain things into account, height above crop, uniformity needed, etc....... AGAIN PL and GAvita are two of the leaders in lighting crops. PL has been in the business over 36 years, not sure how long gavita has been doing it. I can't vouch for a small basement grow, just larger MJ facilities I have seen.

sixstring

sixstring

Your video is stating Gavita is double the light to the crop of the EPAP, this is done by the reflector. same lamp. Your stating that yours blows away the EPAP (how is this possible you ask). Lamps are made up of different gases so that mixture is changed to change the outputs, no one is reinventing the wheel here, just making it better. reflectors are also decided by light plans that take certain things into account, height above crop, uniformity needed, etc....... AGAIN PL and GAvita are two of the leaders in lighting crops. PL has been in the business over 36 years, not sure how long gavita has been doing it. I can't vouch for a small basement grow, just larger MJ facilities I have seen.
not trying to be a jerk but do you work for pl or sell for them? i ask because you have been talking about pl since you got here.

G

Greeninthumb

not trying to be a jerk but do you work for pl or sell for them? i ask because you have been talking about pl since you got here.
yes I do sell PL fixtures, but I have sold sunlight supply, hydrofarm, Energy technics and many others. I am only talking about PL because someone was bashing them and I think they are as good as what they are promoting. People need to understand lighting and not just what someone who has a 4x4 garden says. (not knocking anyone with a 4x4 cause some of those guys know their stuff. Do I prefer PL..... Yes because I know they are good fixtures. Is GAvita a good fixture, yes and so is EPAP, just depends what your wanting to do with them. I am just trying to help educate people so they understand what the differences are. Just like some people like watts per square meter or footcandles........ that really doesn't tell you anything about the PAR light coming from a lamp. I can give you footcandles of an incandescent or HPS or MH, but Micromoles tells the true story. Is there more to it with MJ.... sure but Micromoles is the base and you go from there. I don't think your a jerk, it is a valid question. If I think someone would be better served by using t-5's I will tell them that. I'm not here to make a quick buck.

sixstring

sixstring

Imo all gavita really needs to do is make a few different reflectors to fit an already good fixture and they will be very hard to beat.my light meter says the gavita has a very rectangular shape but they advertise a square footprint.but looking at it I can imagine several dif shapes fitting it.the pl fixtures look decent but nobody around here to give a decent review.we all see what TK and others can do with gavita and epaps.and with gavita and nano having controller options built in those others will be a hard sell going forward.

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah I just looked, thats a single ended lamp holder and made for remote ballasts.cool theory though.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Video aside, I can assure you we arn't outfitting 4x4 operations... Largest one, this week, is 150,000 sq ft. We set up our clients with exactly the right fixture. And to be clear I don't work in commercial, I run the R&D department in my company. If you would like to continue this discussion please do so in the other thread, pertaining to lighting.

Coir

Coir

Yeah I just looked, thats a single ended lamp holder and made for remote ballasts.cool theory though.

The triple star reflectors are amazing but for 600W(or smaller) SE only. I use them in my 5x5 tents. I swap out the bulbs between MH and HPS depending on what I have in the tent at the time. Great coverage and you can get them right up to the ceiling.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I never realized they were only se version available. I will get them when my hoods and bulbs need replaced

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Can you substantiate this in any way? I still think you're still confused about UV light, perhaps from the misinformation we talked about in the MG/Genesis video?

Video aside, I can assure you we arn't outfitting 4x4 operations... Largest one, this week, is 150,000 sq ft. We set up our clients with exactly the right fixture. And to be clear I don't work in commercial, I run the R&D department in my company. If you would like to continue this discussion please do so in the other thread, pertaining to lighting.
You really don't need to keep bragging about size, we get that MG is the big online dealer for big ops. Which company are you running R&D for? Monster Gardens, Genesis? Sounds like you must be substantially more qualified than you let on before? Engineering background?

Latest posts

Top Bottom