Funky Town..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
green punk

green punk

^^^ My post above. I want to clarify... TK is throwing down some great shots which exhibit mad skills. This statement about 12k etc is what I'm really getting at. And the fact there have been massive indoor grows for a real long time, Well before the age of the net or Marc Emery came along.

Last edited:
One Flip

One Flip

^^^This a joke right.

There have been MONSTER grows going on in the PNW well before medical in CA or Rec in CO or WA.

Dude, this region has been keeping the continent supplied since the mid 80's.

This new game and folks showin there privates may make you think othere wise. But believe me this game has been being played for decades on a very large scale.

I barely made the eighties.. Rooted my first plant in 89'.. Solo cups in blown up gallon ziplocks:) I understand what GreenPunk is saying.. Washington was the Mecca.. back then you would drag shit to Cali and go skiing in Co!

In the mid to late 90's when the beasters flooded the area.. That was the death of our rein! Wa got lazy.. After the millennium, the Northern Triangle started to pick up speed. Now a days, people from Cali drag shit up to Wa and then go snowboarding in Co!

Yep.. I threw in the word snowboard.. I had to let you guys know I'm still relevant.

~flip

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Orange Dago's and Orange Gum's are looking stellar, strait up orange zest smell, huge colas starting to beef up...Wash and Cali have definately been doin it up for years but honestly the scale is changed completely across the board..when you walk into a grow with 1500-2000 1k's in flower and they are moving veg trays around with forklifts you'll know what Im talkin about...crazy stuff..building out 75,000-125,000sq.ft warehouses is no joke I don't care where your from

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
^^ That level of production indoors is boggling my mind. It's one thing to see what the Sinaloans do, it's another to consider the above.

G

GoSeahawks

Orange Dago's and Orange Gum's are looking stellar, strait up orange zest smell, huge colas starting to beef up...Wash and Cali have definately been doin it up for years but honestly the scale is changed completely across the board..when you walk into a grow with 1500-2000 1k's in flower and they are moving veg trays around with forklifts you'll know what ImI

Thanks all for your replies. I have been hearing rumors about huge built out, with vertical hydro, UV-C lights, advanced biotech, and other crazy stuff from hothouse technology happening in Colorado. I guess I have to start looking at things in a different way. Shits going to get real, if not already, in Wa.

One Flip

One Flip

when you walk into a grow with 1500-2000 1k's in flower and they are moving veg trays around with forklifts you'll know what Im talkin about
:D that would be an awesome sight! I remember reading one of your posts about a year ago that your buddy was adding 500 lights to his existing 500 watt grow and I thought that was insane. Once ya start forking your veg trays around your definitely not playin'

A

advanced396

Tex
How far are your Epaps from the walls & from light to light? I'am getting ready to set up a two new rooms with 16 Epaps in each. Both rooms are 25.5" x 23" looking for your opinion how far apart I should space my lights.
Nice work.
Thanks

DC105

DC105

Mad props TK! I have friends from the NC area that was going big out in cali. The shops went crazy over their diesel oil, but you guys ran them straight out of biz with these warehouse high quality grows. That takes alot of skill, knowledge and security. Most impressive TK!!! Awesome work!!

DAT

DAT

wow! texas kid you made my eyes pop:greedy: and jaw drop :cool:looking at the picture with your warehouse space for growing.. I cant wait to see it full of plants.!!:D How do you protect all your plants from a spider mite infestation? do your workers have to sterilize themselves before entering the grow room..., like shower down and then put on special clothes ? or in an operation this big is using pesticides kinda a necessity?

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Lol. Infestations and cleanliness would be on the top of my protocol list for sure.. Eh Texas kid ;)?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I haven't had a bug of any kind since October of last year..the last time I even sprayed anything other than a little SM90 was the last of September...I bleach mop every floor, pot, tray. dome, measuring cup and surface area regularly and between each flip, I sulfur burn each room once with no plants in the room and once when plants get placed, I don't have alot of people thru the grow area, no pets allowed in the warehouse ie..dogs, cats, birds, or otherwise, no one that works in the warehouses grows at home..IMO employees that also grow at home are the kiss of death for a warehouse, you will get every bug, disease, virus, and bacteria under the sun dragged into your commercial grows with the quickness.Take in absolutely no outside cuts at all, ever..unless they have been quaratined for a couple months somewhere in a clean environment. Funny thing is that all workers claim they got all their problems from the warehouse..lol..as they let their dog run all over their grow, they'll take in random mite/aphid infested cuts from whoever will give them to them, grow in a bug ridden dirty basement with no cleanliness standards at all, and show it to every Tom, Dick, and Harry that walks thru their door with a cold 6'r of the latest IPA..Im just sayin

J

juggo

Tk,where we're from Ft. Worth is funky town,lol.Killer lineup,curious,what ever happened to the wicked uc systems? I was always a f&d table guy for the pure automated simplicity.Rock on with your bad self!

peace,
juggo

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
What up my old friend Juggo..been a minute..I'm up in the Denver metro area now, doin it in the Rockies...holler if your ever up this way...buckets are kind of tricky at a larger scale, to many people, to many variables to deal with...I would still run them in a basement grow though, low plant counts and giant trees..thats the ticket

SunGrown

SunGrown

2 feet from the walls centered over 4x8 e&f tables and then 6 foot on center from fixture to fixture...I am setting up another room with them on 5 foot centers between fixtures
6 ft center of hood to center of the next hood? so 1.25 light(s) per table? I am upgrading ballasts soon and have looked into the paps, is it the hood that makes them able to be spaced that way?

Thanks for any info

grayarea

grayarea

If they talk more about the latest be all end all strains than they do the process and cleanliness protocols your in trouble...

i like that kinda trouble. once u learn the protocols and train people to do them for you u can delete them from ur brain and focus on the other part of the work . Trying to create new things and clean up after them at the same time is hard to do.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Gavi's have longer power cords and come out of the box ready to hang..Epaps have short power cords and have some assembly required before you can hang them..performance wise they are so close it is hard to tell but after a few flips of these rooms side by side I will have a more educated opinion about it...

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Thanks TK, so are you sold on pap or gav at this point then?

i'll offer a few cents too...

I haven't run gavitas on any sort of large scale, but I've seen a few 9-16 light rooms of them, and from what I can tell they are better suited towards lighting a specific area whereas the paps seem to throw light everywhere. I never get hot spots under lights with e-paps but i've definitely seen hot spots under gavitas, and i've also noticed sharper shadows under gavitas than e-paps which tells me there's more light being thrown straight downwards. So i guess it depends on what you are going for - lighting a table or a smaller space you'll probably like gavitas, if you're trying for a massive sea of green or have dense plants you'll probably like the paps more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom