Funky Town..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Got my framing and electrical rough in inspections done and signed off of, ran all the camera wiring and am about to button up the walls..Ill take some pics and get them up soon. The epap/gavi grow got the "CO" last week now have to fight the licensing process with the state and local government thugs and then off to the races.

I

Inlinemax

Glad to see you're making progress TK.

Is there a link you could post where Colorado has written out the building codes for an op like this?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i'll offer a few cents too...

I haven't run gavitas on any sort of large scale, but I've seen a few 9-16 light rooms of them, and from what I can tell they are better suited towards lighting a specific area whereas the paps seem to throw light everywhere. I never get hot spots under lights with e-paps but i've definitely seen hot spots under gavitas, and i've also noticed sharper shadows under gavitas than e-paps which tells me there's more light being thrown straight downwards. So i guess it depends on what you are going for - lighting a table or a smaller space you'll probably like gavitas, if you're trying for a massive sea of green or have dense plants you'll probably like the paps more.

unless you take the reflector off and you have flat white rooms.... I am running all my gavitas barebulb. Loving it.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Flat or Vertical?

Flat. But you could do vert no problem. You need the gavita fixture to do this as they made it VERY easy to remove the hood. Kudos to gavita on design. IMHO it outshines the e pap. plus 1 for hanging it, and plus 1 for reflector removal.

Actually the new design is flat and vert at the same time. I am running a 3x6 tray and half pipe of canopy around the bare gavita fixture.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Here is a pic with 3 non hooded and one hooded during my experiment. these are 8' ceiling and I was getting hot spots and bleaching with gavita hoods. not anymore though and I will train the plants up both sides to take full advantage and max out my canopy square footage.

Sorry for the mini thread jack TK!!

IMG 1829

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Flat. But you could do vert no problem. You need the gavita fixture to do this as they made it VERY easy to remove the hood. Kudos to gavita on design. IMHO it outshines the e pap. plus 1 for hanging it, and plus 1 for reflector removal.

Hate to burst yer bubble cap but the e-pap (1000w at least) comes unassembled, so you don't have to remove the hood if you're buying new units :)

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

Been lurking around for a while and just wanted to say booyakasha respek

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hate to burst yer bubble cap but the e-pap (1000w at least) comes unassembled, so you don't have to remove the hood if you're buying new units :)

600's come like dpaps, with stupid ass brackets that are fine if you are hanging them from uni strut and all thread...

yeah epap.. you snap the reflector in place on the 1k. true that. But the gavita reflector is super easy to get on and off. It's a better design.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I had both gavita and epapillon help me with lighting plan recommendations awhile back and gavita recommended 6-1ks while epap recommended 9-1ks for the exact same space(a little less than 12x12),I never really gave it much thought at the time but after seeing the MG comparison i wonder if it takes more epaps to get the same job done?

G

gettogro

Wow, man very impressive. Gives me some motivation to get started on another project.

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

That was a cool video it seems like no comparison. I would of liked to see them throw a 1000w hps in the test to give Us averag joes an idea of What were missing out on. whats the gavita 1000 w cost

Edit: I googled it 4_5 hundo on eBay

Last edited:
Top Bottom