Funky Town..

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

This video is a joke. They aren't actually measuring the amount of crossover light the e-pap gives. They only measured the amount of light on the ground. The e-pap is pushing a lot of that light all on the sides of that tent where they didn't measure it. The gavita pushes all the light directly down. If you only have one lamp or are in a tent a Gavita is a better hood for your needs. When you get into big commercial spaces you maximize the sideways throw with long rows of lamps. Something they didn't actually measure at all. They just assumed that the crossover light is on the outer part of their tents and hitting the floor. The real success with the e-pap is that a lot of the light they didn't even measure at all (the stuff hitting the sides of the tent) will end up hitting the canopy of the plants one or two fixtures down your row.

Put four e-paps in a 10x10 tent and you'll see a much different number. I've seen all sorts of measures in e-paps rooms and 800 is pretty low.

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

^^^ Sure thing. Tent growers using epaps or gavita one peace units. The test is showing the results on a small scale in order to cater/educate to small grow(s)er (sell units). Both Epaps and Gavita E series are designed for supplemental lighting in green houses. The bulb is what is really the action that is happening in modern gardening not the ballast or the reflector. All the ballast manufactures are chasing a piece of the pie that these new bulbs are cutting up.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

This video is a joke. They aren't actually measuring the amount of crossover light the e-pap gives. They only measured the amount of light on the ground. The e-pap is pushing a lot of that light all on the sides of that tent where they didn't measure it. The gavita pushes all the light directly down. If you only have one lamp or are in a tent a Gavita is a better hood for your needs. When you get into big commercial spaces you maximize the sideways throw with long rows of lamps. Something they didn't actually measure at all. They just assumed that the crossover light is on the outer part of their tents and hitting the floor. The real success with the e-pap is that a lot of the light they didn't even measure at all (the stuff hitting the sides of the tent) will end up hitting the canopy of the plants one or two fixtures down your row.

Put four e-paps in a 10x10 tent and you'll see a much different number. I've seen all sorts of measures in e-paps rooms and 800 is pretty low.

I dont agree,sorry.Both lights are designed to be used in multiples/cross lit And it seems your saying the epap somehow throws more light miraculously when used this way,I dont think so.The way they measured the light was proper(1 at a time)and you would still have the same result except in higher multiples,they put out what they put out.We all know that the more times light is bounced off a reflector/wall etc you lose intensity and the epap reflector seems to bounce the light around alot more so to me everything being equal with both ballasts and bulbs its the epaps reflector design that is costing them performance.Epappilon must know this also as their recomendation to me was 9 lights in my space vs. gavitas recomendation of 6 for the same space,thats 33% more lighting to achieve the same result.

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

It isn't 33% more lighting to achieve the same results. It's some tech telling you how to hang lights and you assuming everything would be the same. Gavita has told people out here to throw up gavitas on 3 foot centers. It doesn't prove anything. They have the same amount of light, they're the same bulb. It's how you want the throw. The e-pap throws more of it sideways, look at the reflector, doesn't take a mastermind to see that. The Gavita throws it all down. It's the radiant 8 of double ended hoods. Works great for a lot of people's needs.

The e-pap gets better cross light if both systems are hung on 5 foot centers. It isn't "miraculous". Look in the tent half that epap light is bouncing off the walls. But if there were no walls there that same light would be hitting canopy. Do the same test with four hoods in a 10x10 tent and you'll see different results. The gavita has hot spots, so much so you have to replace the aluminum reflector. The e-pap doesn't, it runs cooler. I've yet to see multiple hundreds of gavitas hung but i've seen hundreds and hundreds of e-paps in commercial facilities.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Have you replaced your bulbs, or are you still seeing optimum performance from the bulb that came w unit?

And yes I certainly followed your thread. It gave inspiration. You and your boy could prob build out those sheds and sell them as turn key.
This run is only the 3rd run with those fixtures since they've been purchased. I wasn't growing for around 9-10 months because of traveling.

One Flip

One Flip

Got my framing and electrical rough in inspections done and signed off of, ran all the camera wiring and am about to button up the walls..Ill take some pics and get them up soon. The epap/gavi grow got the "CO" last week now have to fight the licensing process with the state and local government thugs and then off to the races.
TK, what material are you going to use to finish off your walls? I was going to build some 14ft wide rooms for tables and then build trays with casters so I could keep the tables together for cross lighting and then be able to pull them apart to access the middle.. have you tried this? or would you still build 12ft wide with one row in the middle?

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

It isn't 33% more lighting to achieve the same results. It's some tech telling you how to hang lights and you assuming everything would be the same. Gavita has told people out here to throw up gavitas on 3 foot centers. It doesn't prove anything. They have the same amount of light, they're the same bulb. It's how you want the throw. The e-pap throws more of it sideways, look at the reflector, doesn't take a mastermind to see that. The Gavita throws it all down. It's the radiant 8 of double ended hoods. Works great for a lot of people's needs.

The e-pap gets better cross light if both systems are hung on 5 foot centers. It isn't "miraculous". Look in the tent half that epap light is bouncing off the walls. But if there were no walls there that same light would be hitting canopy. Do the same test with four hoods in a 10x10 tent and you'll see different results. The gavita has hot spots, so much so you have to replace the aluminum reflector. The e-pap doesn't, it runs cooler. I've yet to see multiple hundreds of gavitas hung but i've seen hundreds and hundreds of e-paps in commercial facilities.
So you rock epaps I'm betting?

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
TK, what material are you going to use to finish off your walls? I was going to build some 14ft wide rooms for tables and then build trays with casters so I could keep the tables together for cross lighting and then be able to pull them apart to access the middle.. have you tried this? or would you still build 12ft wide with one row in the middle?

im going this route.

One Flip

One Flip

https://www.google.com/search?q=rolling benches&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS595US595&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=_FLdaf3gGmbHvM%3A%3BlXzI_XdWImoJvM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.greenhousemegastore.com%252Fproduct%252Fsteel-rolling-benches%252Frolling-bench-top-metal-benches&source=iu&usg=__QUDsS-mRjwCaaf_kQTdar-c6ehA=&sa=X&ei=qnf7U6jgOKbfsASFtICYBw&ved=0CC8Q9QEwAA&biw=1366&bih=667#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=_FLdaf3gGmbHvM%3A;lXzI_XdWImoJvM;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenhousemegastore.com%2Fimages%2FSteel-rolling-diag-650.gif;https%3A%2F%2Fwww.greenhousemegastore.com%2Fproduct%2Fsteel-rolling-benches%2Frolling-bench-top-metal-benches;642;472
im going this route.
nice link.. I think Ill install airplane hanger doors on the side of each room and just roll the trays from veg to bloom to shipping!

S

Seed Buyer

P.L. DE kit kind of looks like a toilet. Please keep us posted on that product once its on full swing.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Walls are finished with FRP up to 10' or 12'...Have y'all seen the new PL Lighting DE fixtures...titties!! bout to do some silly shit with these fixtures

http://www.pllight.com/products/fixtures/hse-nxt-ii/

Big tip of the month...Co2 in veg is more benificial in veg than in flower...my veg rooms are killin it and I have shaved probably 21 days off my veg cycle times

@greenleaf was telling me about a new DE system coming soon that was supposed to be more advanced/better design than the gavita and controllable by smart phone technology,I wonder if this is it?

Twisted pleasure

Twisted pleasure

Ive always ran sealed Co2 for everything Veg and Flower are all cooled by a central HAC. The Co2 burner hangs above the handler and gets dispersed through out. Clones all the way up to mature plants. Will always use Co2.

Glad you gave it a go TK...With such great/fast grow rates Im able to do allot more training and preparing the next flip. Hope it works for you the same.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Been poppin beans as of late...here is whats in the mix right now

Sour Bubble
Pure Kush bx1
Face off OG bx2
Bubba Kush x Blue moonshine
Kens Kush
Ghost OG x Fire Cookies
Girl Scout Cookies x LUI

And I just got some oldie but goodies of mine back in hand from an old friend that I am about to start workin thru

Bloody Mary (Bloody Skunk x TRC Mary Jane)
Calimity Jane (TRC Texas Bluebonnet x TRC Mary Jane)
Texas Kush (TRC Texas Heather x Reeferman's Charles Kush)
Jammy Jane (Cannabis Cowboy's Toe Jam x TRC Mary Jane)
TRC Comrade 2 (Double Russian x Sensi Star)
TRC Sweet Widow lavender ((Swt#3 x Sharon Widow) x Soma Lavender)
TRC Alexis 2 (Swt#3 x Soma Lavendar) x Texas Hammer (Memy Blackberry Apocalypse)
TRC Double Karen (Sharon White Widow x Texas Hammer (Memy Blackberry Apocalypse)
TRC Cherry Star Gold (TRC Cherry Hashplant x Sensi Star)

All kinds of fun to be had....

Top Bottom