Fusarium

• Thread starter Groves
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Groves

Hi, I need help from someone more educated on this subject then I am. My meds were tested at steep hill labs and they turned out to test positive for fusarium mold. One strain was 121,000 cfu/g and the other 24,000 cfu/g. I had to throw away whole harvest because these numbers are not acceptable for medicine. My question is how do I go about making sure this doesn't happen again? The flowers showed no signs of mold and I never would have known there was mold on them if I didn't have them tested. How do I clean the room and make sure there are no mold spores before growing again? Am I going to be able to eradicate all mold to ensure I can grow safe meds or are these spores forever lingering? Sorry for blabbing drunk as hell just had to throw away 4 units. Please help any advice is appreciated. Btw first post lol

G

Groves

Hi, I need help from someone more educated on this subject then I am. My meds were tested at steep hill labs and they turned out to test positive for fusarium mold. One strain was 121,000 cfu/g and the other 24,000 cfu/g. I had to throw away whole harvest because these numbers are not acceptable for medicine. My question is how do I go about making sure this doesn't happen again? The flowers showed no signs of mold and I never would have known there was mold on them if I didn't have them tested. How do I clean the room and make sure there are no mold spores before growing again? Am I going to be able to eradicate all mold to ensure I can grow safe meds or are these spores forever lingering? Sorry for blabbing drunk as hell just had to throw away 4 units. Please help any advice is appreciated. Btw first post lol
Also...I've purchased a ozone generator and every single fucking mold killing chemical there is and am going to clean like hell. But how do I make sure there's nothing in the room before firing up again? Or do I just have to take the gamble and wait to see if meds test positive for high amounts of mold?

R

Ronnie88

i bleached my whole room then ran my ozone machine in there on full blast for 24 hrs

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Sorry to hear that @Groves , ozone and the other chemicals u bought should do the trick, but do t forget the AC ducts and the airhandler if u have one. Im gonna have a UV light installed in my airhandler soon for this same reason. Make sure to clean the veg as well as ur dryig area because im sure its all contimanated.

Good luck
Confu

G

Groves

Thanks for the advice guys. It's a whole house I'm growing in. I'm going to trash every plant I have which really hurts because I've been vegging plants for months. Is there a way I can check if mold spores are in the air before starting again? Or do I just have to gamble? Also I'm using window ac units. Sorry if this is a dumb question but how do I clean those? Would having them next to the ozone generator do the trick? And just wondering have you guys dealt with fusarium before? From what I was told it's rare

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

burning sulfer and getting a buildup up beneficial microbes on your flower/foliage.... If you were not seeing any signs, the chances are this is happening during the dry and cure...... letting the medium dry out, stripping fan leaves, and having low temps/humidity in a dark dry room will help ....don't forget to clean the dry room.

G

Groves

Thanks jimmy. It could have taken place during drying but I did find mold on then floor/wall after I chopped. My ac unit broke half way through flowering and my humidity got super high.

showmegreen

showmegreen

Peroxide kills perty good. Bleach does kill but leaves tha underlyin buggers alone so they git ta have a clean dinner plate so ta speak. Ol'Perry McOxi-Cide he sees anythin organic an says, "Time ta eat boys! " then gits down an keeps at it tell there's no more of hims left. Tell y'all that an them Ozone thingys will do y'all good. Balance of nature is ideal but who can control all tha variables? I know you I ain't god fer sure an in order ta live on god's good earth ya gotta eat some of god's dirt. So grab a spoon an a na'kin an dig on in. Boy I know I sure is a hungry like I'm starve ta death! Can't stop a shovin my face plumb full! Gotta feeling ima gonna be here fer awhile. Peace

Coir

Coir

Having talked with several growers in the WA I-502 industry that were seeing lots of microbial screening failures, the consensus was that it's happening during the drying stage like jimmy the hat mentioned. Some have sadly resorted to "washing" their flowers in hydrogen peroxide which seems to work but I know that I wouldn't do it myself without seeing some sort of proof that it does not damage anything or cause other issues. A few others have sent off failed samples to different labs and passed so there are obviously some issues with testing standards as well. One person linked it to their wet trimmer which was not being cleaned well between uses. Another was not cleaning out their storage containers between harvests. So, it appears there are many reasons that this can happen and probably has been going on for years but no one was getting this type of testing done. Sounds like you are on the right track with all the cleaning and you might want to look into some sort of air filtration system in your drying area.
Fusarium spores can be carried long distances in the air as well as in irrigation water. If you live by any outdoor agriculture that is having issues, that could be your source and you will need to take precautions to filter or eliminate outside air.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Thanks for the advice guys. It's a whole house I'm growing in. I'm going to trash every plant I have which really hurts because I've been vegging plants for months.
Ouch, good on you though. My neighbor thinks I'm crazy for cutting buds near mold and trashing them. I am crazy, but that ain't got shit to do with it.

Directed.Light

Directed.Light

I wouldn't touch fusarium. Have you seen the half life on that shit??!

G

Groves

Thanks for all the info guys. Haven't been able to log on in awhile. I've cleaned everything with vinegar, bleach, amonia, hydrogen peroxide, and isopropyl... Over and over again. I've also been running ozone in the house a lot and will be bombing with biocide mold fogger soon. It's been a ton of work. I've also bought new ac units. I was going to start another thread but I figure I can just post my question here. How do you guys go about blocking out light from window ac units? Any ideas are appreciated. Oh.. I've also bought an air purifier and have been running that sucka constantly... Mold sucks but this has been a great learning experience and I will be taking precautions from now on.

G

Groves

Hey seamaiden! I read your posts all the time I've learned a lot from you. I do use gorilla tape all the time I love that stuff. But what about blocking the light coming in from the vents in front?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would look to photog studio suppliers for that. I know they make vents specially for darkrooms that allow air flow but block all light. I'm glad to know I've been helpful. :)

Saguaro

Saguaro

Yup, Sea is correct….. they are called Darkroom Light Louvers.

I use them for my exhaust and absolutely NO light gets through them!

This is something like the ones I'm using now.

I'm sure you can find them cheaper as this is just an example!

New Doran L-1212 Darkroom Ventilation Louver

shaggyballs

shaggyballs

Have you tried chitosan, it is great for bud rot.
I use yucca for a foliar it is anti fungal also.
I found both on ebay cheap.

Good luck bro, I hate the rot!
Shag

G

Groves

Thank you. You guys are awesome? Any suggestions on heavy yielding strains I should run? I'm in ca and willing to go anywhere in ca to pick them up. Also.. Do you think I should test for mold before I restart? Or should I be good after all the cleaning?

Latest posts

Top Bottom