G4 - Julius Caesar - 2x600 and 1x400 on Lightrail

• Thread starter LEBDOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LEBDOG

Transferring Plants

The plants need to be planted so I can setup the new middle tray under the 400. Here is my transfer in progress:
G4-10_2.jpg

I basically have only good plants going, the ones on the right are just a bit larger, but the age is the same. I will use a bit of LST to even this out in a few days...
Thanks for that adjustable light sweep system, but I still want uniform height if I can:')
G4-10_1.jpg

L

LEBDOG

Transferring Plants Part 2 - New Tray

So here's some kind of tray I picked up today which will work well for the area I have to work with. I just drilled 1 hole for drainage on the left back of the tray. I will drip to each plant individually using my custom rings. I will have to pickup some more tubing tomorrow to complete this though, but the plants will be fine without water until then.

G4-11_1.jpg

I finished transferring all the good clones and setup the new tray with the OK good ones. I won't end up swapping any I don't think as I can use the small ones in this area for now to keep the canopy even.

I gotta grab a bite, but here's what I have done for now:
G4-11_2.jpg

G4-11_3.jpg

G

growgrow

YO.. LEBDOG.... i really dig your setup.... nice and clean... looks professional.... I am trying to master soil/coco first b4 moving over to something like yours.... but when i do, hope it looks like that.... PROPS.... Subscribed....

GROW!

L

LEBDOG

1600 Watt's of MH Vegetative Power:')

Thanks GrowGrow for checking out my scene... I have little experience with soils (coco or otherwise)... Today when I checked my soil for setting up so new mothers I learned not to keep it in an airtight container as it's alive and growing some mold or other... I am gonna clean it up, like a miser with moldy cheese and make sure to vent the containers this time. 2 very high end soils damaged by my inexperience.

G4-12_3.jpg

I finished setting up the room with all I have available tonight. The entire room is Metal Halide right now totaling 1600W. The room has two White 4x4 trays, but I zone within a 3x3 Area. The Black tray in the middle is now 3 feet deep and 1 foot wide. This black tray being higher by about a foot now should be all the difference in getting some frosty dank from the perpetual 400MH in the middle. When I flip them to flower, I will swap out the 2 Metal Halide 600's for High Pressure Sodium. I will clean the reflectors (clean the glass) thoroughly.

G4-12_4.jpg

G4-12_2.jpg

I adjusted the Light Rail to as good a proximity as I can really get for this week, and I will get closer as the plants progress. The way I have the rail setup, it runs with less drag (ducting rub) higher up than it is now.

I really hope to prove those who make fun of the Light Rail wrong with this grow as if I didn't last grow (4lbs and not a seed). This grow I won't change the sweep as it did not stress the plants at all last grow. That's what you gotta watch. Make sure you don't sweep too far or you will not only get fluff, you may get a headache from smoking your seeds. I got a few seeds the second grow I made with this reaching too far, but I learned. We'll see (I hope I can not cursing myself, but I believe in no superstition)...

G4-12_1.jpg

I even moved in my remaining clones for a little love from sun for the next few days until toss anything less than the 2 best I will make mothers from. The room's pretty bright now and I gotta get a little more hydroton and setup some new drips. With a few more minor items in place, I should be ready to rock and roll next weekend!

L

LEBDOG

Picked up supplies

I have been working on computers all weekend (my bread and butter) and used this extra $$ to pickup something exotic. Voodoo Juice it the real last piece of the ADV line missing from my program and I don't want to miss anything this round. Too bad I didn't get going with it Week1, but this will be added today with my change and I will keep it running through Flower Week2.

G4-13.jpg

I picked up the extra hydro I needed, some Calibration Solutions and some Clear and Black PVC tubing to make my new drip rings and temporarily plug up the ones I am not using anymore.

I appreciate that trimming link again Shady! There's gonna be air under my canopy this round for sure! I got a good plan and with so much extra room (better spacing and no test plants) this round should have light penetration top to bottom.

L

LEBDOG

G4 - New Middle Tray Finalized

To complete this middle tray, I installed the 3 drip rings today and filled up the missing hydroton. I also plugged the un-used 2 drip rings I had on both trays. This should increase the pressure a bit.

G4-14_3.jpg

I also checked my PH meter and re-balanced it. Then I changed the nutes and went with my second bath of advanced. I updated this bath to include the Voodoo Juice and B-52. I ended up with 750PPM at the end. I am very happy with this number. I am much happier with the consistent PPM number I reach with Advanced where using GH things were a bit more spiky. Also I returned the dry Big Bud and proclaim this a totally liquid nutrient grow.

G4-14_4.jpg

Left Tray:
G4-14_1.jpg

Right Tray:
G4-14_2.jpg

Well aside from setting up a couple new mothers, the big work is done for now. Not yet on cruise control but not too many weeks away.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent prep work and setup LEBDOG! :cool Looks like this round is gonna be your best to date...

L

LEBDOG

G4 - Advanced Nutrient Schedule 4/12/2010

Excellent prep work and setup LEBDOG! :cool Looks like this round is gonna be your best to date...

I hope so:') Thanks for stopping in! Good luck in this month's photo contest! I put a vote in for you! Looks like Skunk was ahead by a bit though. Vote Shady if you get read this and get a chance!

Here's my updated nutrient schedule taking in to account all the nutrients I will be using this grow:

G4-ADVNUTES.gif

L

LEBDOG

5 days under the big lights photos...

Here are some updated shots of the plants after 5 days under the big lights.

G4-15_1.jpg

G4-15_4.jpg

G4-15_2.jpg

G4-15_3.jpg

I also got a chance today to clean up my soil storage containers. I also poked a few ventilation holes in the soil containers so they won't mold again. For this round of Mothers, I got some bat guano and mixed it in to the 2 soils I use (Sunshine Soil #4 and Light Warrior). I then potted 2 clones, and put them under my big T5 panel for the remainder of their lives.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
The pictures and plants look better everytime you post LEB! Keep doing whatever you're doin'... :cool

L

LEBDOG

New cloned mothers setup

everything looks real nice as usual lebdog, loving the dual spectrum it looks like your runnin 2 mh's with a hps in between, sick, seems like mh are getting more popular for flowering, i just went dual spectrum myself and am loving it,

Thanks for stopping in MF! I have actually 3 different MH lights running from left to right, SolarMax 600Mh, Hortilux Eye 400Mh & SunMaster 600Mh. I like the SolarMax 600Mh (whitest Mh I've used) the best. It's amazing how much yellower the Hortilux Eye is, it's so much less powerful it looks like an HPS up there!

Now when I flip this weekend to flower (I am still in veg - a few more inches for the plants on the left tray), I will keep the Mh running for the first 2 weeks. Then I will change them out. I was thinking (my logic behind this is) that the first 2 weeks of flower are more transitional anyways and with this they can benefit from the blue light more. I plan to clip all the lower canopy branches at day 10, give them 4 days to recover under blue/white light, then swap in the HPS 600's and leave the 400Mh right where it is (truly dual spectrum, at least for the plants in the middle).

Here are some additional full shots of the individual first plants in the right tray:
G4-16_2.jpg

G4-16_1.jpg

Here are the 2 cloned mothers I selected. I already topped them both, so they are ready to rock and roll. I moistened the soil and will probably top the soil off again tomorrow (as when I moistened it, I lost a lot of ground). This soil is rich in bat guano and I am hoping this will give me a few less yellow leaves in their lives. I will water them rotating between RO water alone and GH's 3 part program for veg. The only reason I even have 2 mothers is for backup:

G4-16_3.jpg

L

LEBDOG

Bud Candy or Carbo Load

Right now I am trying to decide whether to use Bud Candy and try to make this stuff a little sweeter than normal which is my preference or running Carbo Load and going for the more natural essence of this strain.

I don't really believe that the Bud Candy will alter strain too much from it's genetic destination, but could be entirely wrong. If anyone has experience here please let me know as I won't throw any of this in for a few days still?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Oops... Damn iPhone. I must be seeing double trying to finish my taxes.

L

LEBDOG

Iphone

Oops... Damn iPhone. I must be seeing double trying to finish my taxes.

Man I wish THCF had some applet for the Iphone, but I know that's probably not gonna happen since this place is free. I can't believe you are using the Iphone to actually reply to threads, that's pretty good. I don't usually have patience for that:')

Know anything 'bout carbo load v bud candy? Think if I gotta use 1, may as well use candy... I feel like a damn victim of marketing, they guys better be sticky sweet...

It blows me away home many different base nutrient lines ADV has. Sensi, Micro, Connoisseur & even more... Confusing to say the least... If the only way to get information from them (without calling) is to watch those video's, I'd rather stick a nail in my eye.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I use the MultiTouch Full Screen Web Browser for my iPhone and the app is awesome... A few months ago I discovered the multi quote button, on all forums, to make several responses to diff quotes at one time... That's awesome too.

Well, I've only used Bud Candy with success in soil, but could keep my pH stable in hydro with it. Oddly enough AN switched their Hammer PK 9/18 down to 4/8... Strange, but I hope I can find the old bottle and the old version of Bud Candy, which is dark due to the molasses that they apparently omitted, but left on the label... :itwasntme

L

LEBDOG

Sour Aliens

I recently sourced some seeds for G5. I am wondering if I should go with Alien Dawg or Sour Alien. I am leaning toward Sour Alien for many reasons. I personally don't like the smell or taste of Chem Dawg, just kinda harsh and yucky to me. That pretty much answers my own question there. I have not smelled, smoked nor tasted the Alien anything so I am eager to talk with Swerve this next weekend.

I also wanna run some Larry in the near future, but I am not sure I wanna split my canopy. I am really out growing my place. Having limited space is getting in the way of me getting high and inspired as a farmer. I can't even dream about getting another tent as my circuit is at critical mass.

This weekend is the Long Beach Grand Prix and I went down today with a good buddy who hooked me a full pass with pit access. This was great, I saw so many great drivers up close and nasty. They weren't giving any autographs (watched them shut down fan after fan) and were pretty entertaining. Those cars up close are pretty nasty in the best way. They just have some serious power and were great to check out up close. The noise is insane, really snappy power like a sport motorcycle. I like to take pictures sometimes at events like this, but for some reason today; I didn't wanna lug an SLR around. That was the way to go to the Gran Prix. For me without the pit pass that place (LB Gran Prix) is almost boring. I would never say Laguna Seca or Willow Springs so boring as long beach, but that's cause you can see more than 1 or 2 turns of the track usually. Willow Springs has a few spots were you can almost see the entire track as the race happens (Budweiser Balcony).

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I recently sourced some seeds for G5. I am wondering if I should go with Alien Dawg or Sour Alien. I am leaning toward Sour Alien for many reasons. I personally don't like the smell or taste of Chem Dawg, just kinda harsh and yucky to me. That pretty much answers my own question there.
Hmmm, I think you'll like the Chem's I just harvested... smooth, potent, dank aroma that fills the your lungs and lingers in the room. Wait a minute... Uhhh, actually I'll take those Alien Dawgs... :giggle

L

LEBDOG

Where da beans

Cali Connection just made a drop at SUITE215. Good luck!!! I got Alien Bubba and Sour Alien and Larry OG for archives!

Latest posts

Top Bottom