G4 - Julius Caesar - 2x600 and 1x400 on Lightrail

• Thread starter LEBDOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LEBDOG

G4 - Flower Day 20

Tonight I was able to get my trellis installed pretty easily with the clean canopy (better access all around).

Here are the updated pictures as of a few minutes ago:

G4-23_1.jpg

G4-23_2.jpg

G4-23_3.jpg

G4-23_19.jpg

G4-23_14.jpg

G4-23_13.jpg

G4-23_20.jpg

G4-23_5.jpg

G4-23_24.jpg

G4-23_27.jpg

G4-23_21.jpg

G4-23_23.jpg

G4-23_32.jpg

G4-23_33.jpg

I am very impressed with the results of Advanced Nutrients (sorry to admit that to some), but they really seem to make my plants very happy. I run 1/4 the ration, of the label directions too (that makes them pretty affordable - not bad at all).

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I must say that everything looks bad ass bro! There's gonna be all Grade A nugs in this round for sure... :happy

L

LEBDOG

Flower Day 21 - Clone Julius Caesar's

I got some serious lemon funk and it's only the 21st day of flower! This leaves me with another 59 days to blow these suckers up (I hope). I really don't have room but I am making room to keep these suckers alive for another round or better! Thank you very much CaliConnection! I can't wait to see how the Master represents itself!

This link provided from Shady as advice for Trimming Plants:
(I refer to Link for Monster Cropping Cloning at 21st Day Flower)
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=115377

So referring to the link-above (Monster Cropping), I am going to make a few cuts from a few more crummy loser lower nodes (I have a few and gotta save these genes), I can't wait to see of I get a monster as they suggest I will.

G4-24_1.jpg

G4-24_2.jpg

Here are the cuts I took today (way low branches which would fall anyways). I haven't removed any of the flower material as that sounded optional, and I will wait until the clone takes to remove that then.

Thanks again Shady for helping me with those links as I never would have even know about this otherwise! Thanks for checking in!

winta

winta

them girls lookin right bro...all of them ;) lol thats how my Raz cut looked when i got it lol lil cotton ball on there :)

L

LEBDOG

G4 - Updated Nutes 5-10-2010

I updated my nutrient schedule today. Cleaning my reservoir was only made difficult due to the GH Floralicious Grow & Bloom. I am going to quit using these nutrients from this point forward and will not use them my next round.
LEBNUTES-ADV1.gif

L

LEBDOG

Needed storage and needed table (off topic - kinda)

Well, I needed to clean up my storage to make room for these Truss Corners. For some reason I didn't put 2 and 2 together for a few days when I also needed a table.

I took the truss corners, linked them together and slapped a piece of glass I had lying around on top. "Alla peanut butter sandwitches", and I have my table and no need to make room in storage:

SpringGathering_1.jpg

I can't wait to get a few pieces of plexi cut for this. Maybe glass for home @ 36"x36", then some plexi (5'x10' as a drum riser or small stage for a DJ or Dancer.... This can be lit up with LED's and look amazing on stage!

Oh yea, back to the grow... Dude, Swerve you really hit a winner with this one, I can already tell!!! The lemon funk is so pure and clean it's just what I've wanted and been looking for. I hope things keep going the way they have been. I can't wait to update the pictures in a few days. The plants are in cruise control mode until cut now and I am just stoked with CaliConnection Genetics and AN Nutrients right now. Both of those companies are serving me very well right now. Specific to AN nutrients, I just get what I am going for, no mystery like with GH. This is almost everything under my way of thinking and only wish I had started this way to begin with.

I am very curious about Canna, and Dutch Master's nutrients as I expect similar results. Everyone has to stick with 1 thing or another and considering this grows results, I am sticking with AN for a while...:party0045:

S

Socachi

You got some buds a poppin there Leb, everything's lookin sweet. So you're diggin those AN nutes eh?

L

LEBDOG

22 Day Flower - Closeup Shots

You got some buds a poppin there Leb, everything's lookin sweet. So you're diggin those AN nutes eh?

Aside from the excellent results I am easily receiving, I just like that the math works consistently with AN. GH kept killing me where I would work the math and get a surprise almost every time. After several GH grows, I just figured give AN at try. I haven't gotten a drop of nute burn this time with AN where I practically couldn't stop it with GH.

I would love to try Canna or Dutch also, but think I will stick with AN if I continue to get 22 day flower shots like these:
G4-25_2.JPG
G4-25_1.JPG

There are a lot of haters out there and I understand, AN is almost annoying that they just don't seem like the usual kind of person in this business. I just wanted to give #2 a try and it worked, so who am I to complain.

Using multiple spectrum lights makes color correction extra challenging Shady. When it counts I will turn off the 2-600's and get better shots.

Lemon Funk, Lemon Funk, Lemon Funk!
:boogie:

M

Mystre.Pharmer

Here are the cuts I took today (way low branches which would fall anyways). I haven't removed any of the flower material as that sounded optional, and I will wait until the clone takes to remove that then.

First off, you plants looks amazing :) they look excited to be alive. ok, refering to the quote above, when you say flower material do you mean the little nuggy? If so i wouldn't recommend it, it will grow out of it. im my last journal I took clones from my bloom room and they had nugs and they actually all rooted. and eventually you couldnt tell they even had nugs at one point. infact I think that cloning plants that started flowering root faster and more aggressively, somthing to do with less nitrogen maybe? dont quote me on that tho ;)

your plants are looking very nice again ;) keep up the great work!

-Mystre.

L

LEBDOG

Refering to the quote above, when you say flower material do you mean the little nuggy? If so i wouldn't recommend it, it will grow out of it.

Thanks for the compliments and the advice! That's what I wanted to hear actually (easy way), I will leave them alone and let them grow... I got 6 cuts so I only need 2 to live for a while, but will take the best 2. They appear to stand more straight than the veg clones I've taken so far...

L

LEBDOG

G4 - Julius Caesar - Flower Day 28

Well there are always so many things to learn. I have to rehearse for an upcoming show and I am not ready that's for sure, instead; I took care of my babies. On the good side, now that I prioritized the kids, I will be able to focus for my show this Saturday.

So, thank you very much SwampWater for confirming the barely illuminated room trick for photos. I did not totally darken the room or take photos in the dark, instead; I turned off my HPS lights and turned down my MH to 50%. This allowed me to take way better shots I think. There is a compromise on overall illumination, but for featuring shots, this seems to be the ticket for me. I will stick will full illumination for overall shots after seeing these test shots. All these shots were taken with only the middle 400MH turned down to 50%.

This is day 28 of flower:
G4-26_10.jpg

G4-26_9.jpg

G4-26_8.jpg

G4-26_7.jpg

G4-26_6.jpg

Here are the (minimal light) close ups:
G4-26_5.jpg

G4-26_3.jpg

G4-26_2.jpg

G4-26_1.jpg

H

HighTolerance

What a wonderful update LEB. Julie is looking mad nice son, great job bro.

Around what time do you start your PK boost? I have noticed that different timing on starting the PK boost can make a huge difference in the end product.

I boosted a strain on week 2 vs week 3 vs week 4 and man I couldn't believe how different the end product for the same strain turned out.

L

LEBDOG

Thanks for stopping back in HT!

I throw Big Bud (booster) in at Week 2, but really up the PK at Week 3 when I up the booster dosage and introduce the B-52 to the mix also. This is basically it for me under the Advanced Nutrients program I am running. I am not gonna do any one feeds using AN's program (at least not this round). Sometimes just for kicks I hand water the plants I can easily get to... I am really trying for zero nute burn this round running an acceptable nutrient schedule (not too light, not too strong)...

H

HighTolerance

Thanks for stopping back in HT!

I throw Big Bud (booster) in at Week 2, but really up the PK at Week 3 when I up the booster dosage and introduce the B-52 to the mix also. This is basically it for me under the Advanced Nutrients program I am running. I am not gonna do any one feeds using AN's program (at least not this round). Sometimes just for kicks I hand water the plants I can easily get to... I am really trying for zero nute burn this round running an acceptable nutrient schedule (not too light, not too strong)...

Night owl like HT ehh. I reckon a lot of folks here are night owls.... Shady. Winta. cough cough.

Your plan sounds great man. I felt that when I started the PK boost around 3rd week, it worked the best. This round I am doing the same as you. Starting low on week 2 and really kick it up a notch in the later weeks.

I have never ran GH but I had two people who came to me for advice run GH. Very interesting is that both got the nute burn. One on Head's formula on 6 and 9. And one on HTwizzzys formula of 5 and 8, theify move.

Your plants look amazing, I am quite certain you are going to achieve your goal this round.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Stellar photos LEB! You're gettin' better with the focus... BTW, everything looks dialed-in... Glad you like the nutes, I also think the adequate air flow, trimming, and ambient environment has played a big part together. All these things being dialed-in contribute to a happy plant... :rock

How's the cloning for the monster cropping coming along? I might try that out sometime. :thinking

L

LEBDOG

Mother Update - Alien Bubba (unsexed) and Julius Caesar

Thanks for the compliments Winta, Shady and Swerve!

I have been really trying my best to keep this grow unimpeded, IE: Nothing Stressing the Plants Out... So far so good!!!

Here the mothers are, there is a Alien Bubba (far left) in a large pot, then another Alien Bubba (center) in a smaller/taller pot, and last the fastest vastly rooted Monster Cropped Julius Caesar clone (far right):
G4-27_2.jpg

This last photo is the remaining Monster Cropped Julius Caesar clones as they sit until the potted one takes a bit, and I decide what to do with them:
G4-27_1.jpg

In another few days I won't need to keep them covered anymore, just one or two still don't show much root...

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Sweet! So the clones taken around 21 days are rooting nicely? I can't wait to see the monster crop and massive branching... BTW, when I took clones around that time frame in my first grow, I didn't properly veg them under 24 hrs of light to rid them of the flowering hormone and they were stunted by the time I flipped them... If I try again, I'll go 24 hrs for a few weeks at least until I see no more pistils... :cool

L

LEBDOG

Sweet! So the clones taken around 21 days are rooting nicely? I can't wait to see the monster crop and massive branching... BTW, when I took clones around that time frame in my first grow, I didn't properly veg them under 24 hrs of light to rid them of the flowering hormone and they were stunted by the time I flipped them... If I try again, I'll go 24 hrs for a few weeks at least until I see no more pistils... :cool

All very good advice there. I just potted the plants yesterday on (lower area) 18hrs, so I just now pulled the lower timer and will run all of them 24hrs for another few weeks (until true death or ???). Thanks Shady!

I don't like to run 24 cause it needs more water and it's harder to stay on top of. My clone area (up top) is always on (no timer).

You will notice if you zoom in that all the clones have amber to red pistils now (turning/dying). I assume this is from the last 8 days of 24hrs solid daylight. Having this single hitch day in the growth cycle makes me think I should pull clone#2 where it hasn't seen a moment of 18hrs...

That 1 (middle) Alien Appears to have topped itself at some point, which explains it's delayed growth.

Top Bottom