Gage Green- Bastard Series Columbian Black

• Thread starter jdogdabface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Jdog here, I started out some Gage Green Bastard series Columbian Black seeds a few weeks ago and figured id start tracking my progress, and see if anyone has any suggestions for me.

I sprouted 6 and have removed one so far because the plant was growing very slow.

Theres obviously a ton of variation in these seeds, I don't really know what to expect. I threw them in my flower tent a few nights ago to start sexing. I have a lot of projects going at the moment so I was thinking about abandoning this one and just trying to throw those plants outside and see what happens, because Im very limited in space, plus Columbian Black has apparently a 90 day flower time? But then, I was pinching the tops the other day to get them to branch out, when I looked down at my finger and thought that I had cut myself and was bleeding, I looked around and sucked on my finger to find it tastes like pure terpenes and not blood, I looked at all the stems and it was like there was a dark red layer within the stem. I thought this was pretty cool, especially since these plants have smells that I have never smelled before. So I'm gunna sex them, pick 1 or 2 to play with and flower them out inside to see what happens. I later was listing to the Adam Dunn show, when Bodhi came on they started talking about bleeders, so that explains that. H0w common is this trait? Ill post pics later of the stems.

Gage green  bastard series columbian black
Gage green  bastard series columbian black 2
Gage green  bastard series columbian black 3
Gage green  bastard series columbian black 4
jdogdabface

jdogdabface

It is old, but if you look on gemsofgage (his personal site) he just dropped a bunch of new stuff

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

They have been in the flower room for about 5 days, I still can't tell the sex of them. A lot of times I hear people say "that looks og" or "blueberry" or "thai" theres so many labels for characteristics and honestly Im not experienced enough to just look at a plant and make those determinations. Ive taken a picture of each plant, my camera sucks Ahole but maybe someone can tell me something about these plants.
Plant #1

Photo 1
Homesteader

Homesteader

You know how it goes! Let them on the couch once and its all over, better find a new seat.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Im really having trouble sexing these plants, I put them in the flower room over a week ago and I really cannot tell, Im going to take some pics tomorrow, maybe someone can help! Or post a clear guide as all i can find are blurry and have no awe factor. Ive sexed plants before and it clicked but these seem to be stubborn

Homesteader

Homesteader

Give it some time! Look down around the fourth node from the main terminal. You could also kick it down the light by a half hour and give it 12.5 hours of dark if nothing happens soon.

B

Burned Haze

Like all new rounded gear :
(every flower week) daily check for hermies vigorously cause that's if not biggest mistake people make when they are willing to play the pheno hunt game . Even if you find good genes , stable-ness through time is the key!

Anyways subscribed to your diary and hope you find a Gold level sativa . Good luck !

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Im really having trouble sexing these plants, I put them in the flower room over a week ago and I really cannot tell, Im going to take some pics tomorrow, maybe someone can help! Or post a clear guide as all i can find are blurry and have no awe factor. Ive sexed plants before and it clicked but these seem to be stubborn
patience and diligence is key. With pure sativa's or sat dom strains it can at times take longer to present sex compared to some indicas. As someone else mentioned be looking every day for male parts.

I'm subbed for this grow show :)

PS looks like you are running these in a tent, correct? You my friend are going to have your hands full. Will you be scrogging? What are your tent dimensions.? Good grow karma coming your way.

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

Thanks for the friendly feedback everyone. Wouldn't giving the plants more light simulate there veg regimen rather than flower, wouldn't 11.5 light hrs sex them quicker or am I backwards?

Ill be checking them daily, and ill still try to get some pics up later!

They are in my flower tent with 4 clones i picked up from a local dispensary, I'm very discouraged by the plants in my flower room, there not chunking up, and i already know its going to be a fat electricity bill without fat buds:( The seeded plants are all crammed in, after I sex I'm going to return the females to my veg room, and try to take some clones, then run them with my next clone test run, I might try to chuck some pollen with these planties if i find a winner so I'm not trying to veg the mothers immediately.

Homesteader

Homesteader

11.5 light 12.5 dark or just leave it as it is, they will show soon. What is in your flower room for genetics?

jdogdabface

jdogdabface

(2) GG#4 Clones
(2) Blueberry
From progressive collective, Portland OR.
Its going be my last soil grow.
I haven't even taken any pics since I'm so Un-passionate about the grow, but I guess later ill post some pics and see if anyone has suggestions. Last harvest and this one ( I can already tell) have been very poor:(

Top Bottom