GalaxysEdge Grow Diary (First Grow)

• Thread starter GalaxysEdge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

First pic is definitely nanners, I would bet the second is too. I almost didn’t see both hairs on the female scared me a little glad you’re gettin somewhere. I’ve got some bag seeds I wanna try out I’ll be pickin out males too I’m sure
Yeah I think that plant is a definite loss. Do you know at what stage males/hermies would be harmful to the others? I am all good to chuck them but it'd be good knowledge to know how long I can wait to do so.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Yeah I think that plant is a definite loss. Do you know at what stage males/hermies would be harmful to the others? I am all good to chuck them but it'd be good knowledge to know how long I can wait to do so.
Get rid of them right away, as soon as gender is confirmed. Those things make clouds of pollen in a hurrey

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Get rid of them right away, as soon as gender is confirmed. Those things make clouds of pollen in a hurrey
Got another picture this morning. I want to make sure before I chuck it in the garbage. Male/herm? Or wait longer?

20210902 081007

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

That male provided a valuable lesson, you now know what a male looks like, them nanners turn into a zillion little yellow flowers
Yeah it was a great lesson! I am glad o went with regular seeds my first go. I learned a ton. I started off with trying to germinate 6 seeds, 2 were duds, 2 were males. It provided some good "look for this" moments that I can use in the future.

Also makes me super proud of my 2 that are female and now I can devote my full attention to those.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Day 12 of flower..

Not too much to report. The plants are looking good and I am getting more and more excited as the days go on. Hopefully I dont do anything to screw it up.

I've been on a schedule where I fees every other watering. I've been using the Fox Farm trio at half the recommended doses. I didn't do any sort of pre-flower flush that the FF schedule recommends so I think my continued usage of half strength is working out well.

I have noticed that they are going dry rather quick. I am almost at a point where I am watering every other day. We will see if that continues. I dont mind though, as long as they are healthy.

I am also keeping an eye on my light distance. I am using 2 300w LED lights in the tent. Currently they are at about 16 inches away from the canopy. No signs of burn so I think this will continue to work.

I still got plenty of time to screw things up though 🙃

20210907 101016
20210907 101026

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Day 12 of flower..

I have noticed that they are going dry rather quick. I am almost at a point where I am watering every other day. We will see if that continues. I dont mind though, as long as they are healthy.

I had a similar experience while mine were going through stretch. I went from watering every 2.5 to every 48 hours, though it seems to have creeped back to every 2.5. I'm not sure if this is an actual thing associated with stretch but it was my experience 🤷‍♂️

Plants are looking great! 👍

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Inspected the plants this evening and I found one of the leaves on one of plants that appears to have some tiny yellowing spots. Again, its only one leaf on the plant that has this so I'm not sure if I need to react to it or not.

Google search of nutrient deficiency chart makes me think its a calcium deficiency. Wondering if anyone else has any thoughts? (You may have to zoom in to see)

20210911 185228

Last edited:
Lilolme

Lilolme

Day 12 of flower..

Not too much to report. The plants are looking good and I am getting more and more excited as the days go on. Hopefully I dont do anything to screw it up.

I've been on a schedule where I fees every other watering. I've been using the Fox Farm trio at half the recommended doses. I didn't do any sort of pre-flower flush that the FF schedule recommends so I think my continued usage of half strength is working out well.

I am also keeping an eye on my light distance. I am using 2 300w LED lights in the tent. Currently they are at about 16 inches away from the canopy. No signs of burn so I think this will continue to work.

I still got plenty of time to screw things up though 🙃

View attachment 1165997View attachment 1165998
You need to count this as day 1 of flower, they are just now starting to form this is the start of flower, not when you flip the lights. Trust me do this

Lilolme

Lilolme

Reduce the amount of nitrogen and always use a cal/mag supplement. The heavy lush green indicates to me they are recieving too much nitrogen and at this stage it should be cut way back, the plant is beginning to focus less on building a strong plant that is what the vegetative stage accomplishes, it is now beginning to focus on buildin the foundation’s for what would normally be seeds, building the plant has been accomplished. Start the flower week count when you see flowers start to form not when you flip the lights, if you don’t you will get to the later stages and at week 7 you will wonder why your plants appear to be behind and not as developed as you think they should be, this is because they are actually at week 5 not 7. If you plan things like reducing nutes or beginning the final flush based on this you will be robbing the plant and yourself of the full potential of the plant. The best, most fruit (bud) producing growth happens at the very end and if you are two weeks ahead of the count you are gonna blow the grow guaranteed. I speak from experience because it has happened to me every time till now, I mistimed everything because I was 2 weeks too early and my buds were under developed

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Reduce the amount of nitrogen and always use a cal/mag supplement. The heavy lush green indicates to me they are recieving too much nitrogen and at this stage it should be cut way back, the plant is beginning to focus less on building a strong plant that is what the vegetative stage accomplishes, it is now beginning to focus on buildin the foundation’s for what would normally be seeds, building the plant has been accomplished. Start the flower week count when you see flowers start to form not when you flip the lights, if you don’t you will get to the later stages and at week 7 you will wonder why your plants appear to be behind and not as developed as you think they should be, this is because they are actually at week 5 not 7. If you plan things like reducing nutes or beginning the final flush based on this you will be robbing the plant and yourself of the full potential of the plant. The best, most fruit (bud) producing growth happens at the very end and if you are two weeks ahead of the count you are gonna blow the grow guaranteed. I speak from experience because it has happened to me every time till now, I mistimed everything because I was 2 weeks too early and my buds were under developed
So the leaves on my plants have always been dark green. Ever since they were seedlings. They've been growing in FFOF which I know is quite hot. I didn't start adding nutes until a couple weeks ago (when I switched to 12/12).

The nutes i an using is the FF trio. The Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom have a 6-4-4 and 2-8-4 NPK ratio respectively.

I am already using half strength dosages for these nutes. Should I cut back even more on the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom?

Lilolme

Lilolme

So the leaves on my plants have always been dark green. Ever since they were seedlings. They've been growing in FFOF which I know is quite hot. I didn't start adding nutes until a couple weeks ago (when I switched to 12/12).

The nutes i an using is the FF trio. The Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom have a 6-4-4 and 2-8-4 NPK ratio respectively.

I am already using half strength dosages for these nutes. Should I cut back even more on the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom?
All the readin I have faith in says not too strong, 650 ppm max but I go a little higher but still under half strength of what I am usin, General Hydroponics Maxi Bloom its pretty damn strong stuff

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Oh and just another note...

The Fox Farm schedule says to flush at the beginning of the flower and then 4 weeks in. I have not done any flushes and as I mentioned, only been doing 1/2 strength nutes for the FF trio.

Would a flush be beneficial at this point?
All the readin I have faith in says not too strong, 650 ppm max but I go a little higher but still under half strength of what I am usin, General Hydroponics Maxi Bloom its pretty damn strong stuff
Gotcha. I fed today using the FF trio and calmag. PPM was 1080.

I'll experiment and cut back even more on one of the bottles. Maybe Big Bloom as that has the 6-4-4 ratio and the highest nitrogen.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Oh and just another note...

The Fox Farm schedule says to flush at the beginning of the flower and then 4 weeks in. I have not done any flushes and as I mentioned, only been doing 1/2 strength nutes for the FF trio.

Would a flush be beneficial at this point?

Gotcha. I fed today using the FF trio and calmag. PPM was 1080.

I'll experiment and cut back even more on one of the bottles. Maybe Big Bloom as that has the 6-4-4 ratio and the highest nitrogen.
Yea if you can give a little flush I would mine have had several little rinses, 1080 ppm may be on the high side adjusting that down might be wise, try it and see if they respond, I’ve been seein more and more on keepin the ppm at a lower level, don’t over feed and let em dry out in between I’ve been followin that philosophy its seems to be workin well
85204D62 1944 4A2A 974F A2DE3AB09431

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
I finally have some time here on a Monday morning to start my Grow Diary. Unfortunately, the diary will start a little late in the process as I am about 15 days into it, but my first post here will be a quick synopsis of my first 15 days. The following post will be my diary as of 15 days into the grow.

Working with two strains:
  • The One x Blue Moon Rocks Bx4​
  • Mazar x Guerrero IBL​
I germinated 3 of each. For the Mazar I went with the paper towel method. For The One, I planted seeds directly into the medium (for experimental purposes).

Of those 6, all three of the Mazar have sprouted, and only one of The One has sprouted. You will see in my photos that I have labeled the plants M1, M2, M3 for Mazar and B1 for The One.

My Set Up:
I went with the Vivosun set up as demonstrated by Mr Grow It on YouTube. Pretty mediocre set up, but I didn't want to go all out for my first grow. I also wanted something that I could follow along with as this was my first attempt. You can see the video here:

I have the set up in my office, which gives me a chuckle as I have Zoom meetings for my work throughout the day and the grow tent is in the background. I work in the corporate world. Don't worry, I use the Blur filter for my background 😁

Here is a few photos of the set up:
View attachment 1152784
View attachment 1152785
View attachment 1152786
What did you use in the window for your exhaust? I’m gonna be setting up a 5x5 soon and will exhausting out a window just like that one. Looking good 👍

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

What did you use in the window for your exhaust? I’m gonna be setting up a 5x5 soon and will exhausting out a window just like that one. Looking good 👍
Nice! Look forward to seeing the set up.

You can use any sort of window AC exhaust bracket. These are typically used for portable ACs but can fit with any 4 inch or 5 inch duct.

SIKADEER Universal Window Seal Kit for Portable Air Conditioner of Exhaust Hose 5.1 Inch Diameter with Coupler Adjustable AC Vent Kit PVC Seal for Sliding Window https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092HX7MMX/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_NJP8G4NXVBFXFTQYHCV0

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Yea if you can give a little flush I would mine have had several little rinses, 1080 ppm may be on the high side adjusting that down might be wise, try it and see if they respond, I’ve been seein more and more on keepin the ppm at a lower level, don’t over feed and let em dry out in between I’ve been followin that philosophy its seems to be workin wellView attachment 1168864
I am going to ask a noob question.

How do I flush?

FF makes a product called Sledgehammer that you can use which will flush all the nutrients. On the flip side ive heard of just dumping a whole bunch of water through it, but how does that not cause overwatrring symptoms. Would this not stress the plant?

I am trying balance risk vs. reward. If the flush would stress my plant and cause issues like hermies, then I'd rather just ride this out and dial back the nitrogen.

Top Bottom