GalaxysEdge Grow Diary (First Grow)

• Thread starter GalaxysEdge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

I love green apples!

So they've slowed down a little on the water intake. Used to be water every 48 hours now its about every 3 days. Does that mean something when they slow down on watering needs?
Just an indication than ripening is commencing, the plant is usin up and discarding the leaves that used to transpire a lot of water. Its main goal will be finishing the buds, constructing the protective cocoon around what would be seeds but are now just unfertilized resin glands. This is when most newer people fuck up, right at the end, but your not gonna fuck up, your gonna wait, I hope

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Just an indication than ripening is commencing, the plant is usin up and discarding the leaves that used to transpire a lot of water. Its main goal will be finishing the buds, constructing the protective cocoon around what would be seeds but are now just unfertilized resin glands. This is when most newer people fuck up, right at the end, but your not gonna fuck up, your gonna wait, I hope
I WONT FUCK UP....I PROMISE...

....MAYBE....

I envision the day when I take that first hit and think..."christ @Lilolme was right"

Lilolme

Lilolme

I WONT FUCK UP....I PROMISE...

....MAYBE....

I envision the day when I take that first hit and think..."christ @Lilolme was right"
Just passin along the advice I got back when I was new at this. I wish the seed sellers would be honest and say it may take a few more weeks than their ESTIMATES, 11-13 weeks is more like it not 9

Lilolme

Lilolme

Just passin along the advice I got back when I was new at this. I wish the seed sellers would be honest and say it may take a few more weeks than their ESTIMATES, 11-13 weeks is more like it not 9
Unfortunatly this is the toughest lesson in the learning process it takes practice and experience, and failure. I’m giving you more answers than you got elsewhere in regards to ripening cause nobody wants to take responsibility for a wrong assessment or answer. I suspect by now you have read a hundred articles and are no closer to an answer than when you started. I should have waited a few times when I was encouraged by my mentors to do so but my mind wouldn’t let me and I harvested in a panic for fear of waiting too long. Few people know the mental toll growin takes on you till they feel it

FourPlants

FourPlants

I empathize with you on harvest decisions. I posted trichome photos in my thread just a bit ago. I’m not ready to harvest but noticed the tiniest WPM spot on one of my plants last night. Wiped it off to confirm and then couldn’t find anymore. I am fairly far along and it may be easier to just harvest if I see it take hold.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Unfortunatly this is the toughest lesson in the learning process it takes practice and experience, and failure. I’m giving you more answers than you got elsewhere in regards to ripening cause nobody wants to take responsibility for a wrong assessment or answer. I suspect by now you have read a hundred articles and are no closer to an answer than when you started. I should have waited a few times when I was encouraged by my mentors to do so but my mind wouldn’t let me and I harvested in a panic for fear of waiting too long. Few people know the mental toll growin takes on you till they feel it
See there is one thing you have wrong about me....

I never learned to read.

Mothman

Mothman

I wish the seed sellers would be honest and say it may take a few more weeks than their ESTIMATES, 11-13 weeks is more like it not 9
By having to postpone my first grow due to vacation plans, I've had plenty of time to get to know various seed banks, their offerings, and their descriptions—including significant contradictions about the same strains. For example, I have White Runtz in the bullpen, but have no idea what to expect regarding height. Maybe I’ll blow out my tent, maybe not, but the sellers also don’t seem to know. That doesn’t stop them from publishing dubious info about their growth.

My takeaway is to assume all growth claims are unreliable. But the seed bank pictures sure are pretty!

Anthem

Anthem

Flowering time is directly related to the amount of PPFD and DLI the plant receives. The higher the PPFD and DLI the quicker the plant will finish. So if the breeder has the plants up high intensity lights the plants will finish quicker than under a bargain LED light.

Lilolme

Lilolme

By having to postpone my first grow due to vacation plans, I've had plenty of time to get to know various seed banks, their offerings, and their descriptions—including significant contradictions about the same strains. For example, I have White Runtz in the bullpen, but have no idea what to expect regarding height. Maybe I’ll blow out my tent, maybe not, but the sellers also don’t seem to know. That doesn’t stop them from publishing dubious info about their growth.

My takeaway is to assume all growth claims are unreliable. But the seed bank pictures sure are pretty!
How they grow depends on the grower I suppose different strains have their own characteristics but overall in my mind a plant is a plant and planning exactly what they are gonna do aint gonna happen you gotta wait and observe.
Flowering time is directly related to the amount of PPFD and DLI the plant receives. The higher the PPFD and DLI the quicker the plant will finish. So if the breeder has the plants up high intensity lights the plants will finish quicker than under a bargain LED light.
makes me wanna spend a bunch of money on better lights

Madmax

Madmax

Hows that work Anthem with outside plants cause sativa takes longer than indica..same indoors..

Mothman

Mothman

Maybe the breeders should provide their lighting and test grow data to the seedbanks so buyers can make better choices. That would be more helpful than the marketing BS about “starts with a cerebral buzz, giving way to a solid body stone, but don’t worry, no couch lock.”

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

What about aggressively shouting at the plants? That work?

Sorry ill be serious now. I definitely have lights that are on the cheaper side so this is all adding up.

Definitely have at least another 2 weeks. But oh man the smell...it stinks up my entire house! Wife hates it..

Madmax

Madmax

Max I was not referring to Sativa vs Indica straits but posted flowering times by breeders.
Ah rodgee...ive started using rapidled far red pucks and have shaved 1 week off flower initiation so far..i was aver 18days before starting which is pretty slow under the lumatek zeus pro but now they start at day 10 for this strain 😃..

Lilolme

Lilolme

I went back and read through your thread and double checked the dates and I feel good about November 16 as the opening of your harvest window I would start checkin the trics in earnest at that time, 9 weeks in flower, but be prepared to go at least till the the end of November which will give you 11 weeks. Almost there

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Oh and another thing of note....

This one plant always seems to be droopy on watering day. Last time I posted about this she ended up popping back to life the next day. We will see if that happens again...

View attachment 1161544
some plants like a diff range of pH...Droop is usually either over watered and not enough air, which isnt your issue, but may be pH related....it looks healthy nice n green but I'd bet if you drop your pH a bit it will respond....Or Raise the pH but Id bet its a bit to high for that plant....just spitballin tho...
Love the clean setup man....power to it
FOE20

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

I went back and read through your thread and double checked the dates and I feel good about November 16 as the opening of your harvest window I would start checkin the trics in earnest at that time, 9 weeks in flower, but be prepared to go at least till the the end of November which will give you 11 weeks. Almost there
Sounds right to me. I check the trichs about every other day with my loupe but I have a real hard time telling their color. I think they are all clear still. Maybe a couple milky here and there. I read that pistils are another method to tell completeness, but one of my plants have mostly brown and shriveled pistils but I am pretty sure it is definitely not done. Its all very confusing.

I hope the trichs become more "apparent" in terms of me being able to say "oh those are definitely amber".

I'll def keep posting pics here to get the groups thoughts.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Day 66 since flip to 12/12, day 55 of flower

I got a new microscope that links to my phone. Its alright...just tough to keep it steady enough to get a clear picture. But I can tell my trichs are still clear.

Leaves are falling off pretty rapidly. The end is near.

Plant 1
20211031 103010

20211031 103055

Plant 2
20211031 102955
20211031 103026

Lilolme

Lilolme

Day 66 since flip to 12/12, day 55 of flower

I got a new microscope that links to my phone. Its alright...just tough to keep it steady enough to get a clear picture. But I can tell my trichs are still clear.

Leaves are falling off pretty rapidly. The end is near.

Plant 1
View attachment 1183918

View attachment 1183919

Plant 2
View attachment 1183920View attachment 1183921
Lookin good don’t worry bout them old leaves I take em off of mine so they look younger

Top Bottom