gallon pot sizes

• Thread starter hotrrod7076
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hotrrod7076

Hi there i am wondering putting 12-15 inch plants into flowering im currently using 2 gal pots for this grow and 3 gal pots for previous grows .....will i b better off using a bigger pot for bigger buds or will the bud size stay the same as to being in a 2 gal pot ....i have now about 6300 luminums per sq ft n what better line of nutes would i b better off using ...i been using techno floral recipe of success kit n so far they been pretty good but wanna get lil bigger n more weight on my buds n recently added cha ching to my nutes

Wildill

Wildill

What's is your grow media? The bigger the root mass the more you yield. Also in smaller pots you will half to water more often. As far as nutes go I keep it simple I grow in coco so I use xnutes and cns17. Cns17 is a one part no micro or calmag needed.

H

hotrrod7076

At the moment im growing in 707 soil n using techno floral nutes n went to smaller pots but im seeing bigger pot may b needed im 2x600hps and 3 ho t5s which i just added one 600 and the t5s about two weeks ago for original before that i was just using one 600hps

H

hotrrod7076

And also several of my grow buddies said now that i added all that i should get way better results so im sure ill find out n the next couple weeks n for shit n grins i was gonna add another 600hps so what i have planned is doing 10 plants and pulling down 2 to 3 every two weeks once my cycle is in place which i have them from 1 week in flowering to 6 weeks into flowering my newest one week plants should give me a better idea in how much better theyll come out using more light...as to the ones that are 6 weeks and so on n from what i have been told i just stepped up higher in the growing world now time to get more educated on the potential of the room i just created 5x7 closet :-) i have the heat controled and climate just right 78 and 55% humidity on regular basis temps might go down accasionaly as cooler nights prevail some

H

hotrrod7076

And i also have topped my plants once and have been doing the tie down method with kinda like the lolipop thing going n adveraging on just my one 600hps about 1 n half ounces per plant and they finishing out about 24 inches tall.....i put them into flower about 12 to 14 inches tall u take my user name here look on youtube n u can see what i have going on from before to now

goliath

goliath

hey hotrod i'm with wildill on this. bigger root mass = bigger plants ergo bigger pots = bigger plants. go as big as your space will allow. 3 600hps is overkill in that space imo but that is just my opinion deff not an expert still learning

H

hotrrod7076

Right on i have 6 that im gonna take out of 2 gal pots n there about 18 inches tall right now still in veg been debating since i have 3 gal pot n i have 5 gal pots trans planting them in one or the other n thinking doing 3 in 3gal n 3 in 5 gal n see what the difference comes out to b cause i could fit the 3 with 10 plants still confrably 5 might b pushing it but ill have to do a check on that one far as room goes.... n i had a couple friends say a 3rd 600 would bit too much on the over kill ....im on youtube just use this username i have n u should b able to pull them up have a look and let know what think if u dont mind ...just learning to become a better grower as to what i have been not bad but always room to grow for the better

goliath

goliath

half n half is always a good way to learn thru experience. lets you see for yourself the differences.
sorry i never searched a username on youtube. how do u do it?

T

toquer

Does that soil have WIN? Hydrform? Or any other source of N that requires 3 or greater months to breakdown and use?
Reason being is that excess N continuing to be released by excess pot size is a problem for strains that don't like all that N. If the roots don't take up the space then you don't use all the nutes. So transplanting too late would be my concern with 707. Otherwise the 3 gal is probably good. Or a lighter soil in the 5 gal.

Wildill

Wildill

Tr
Right on i have 6 that im gonna take out of 2 gal pots n there about 18 inches tall right now still in veg been debating since i have 3 gal pot n i have 5 gal pots trans planting them in one or the other n thinking doing 3 in 3gal n 3 in 5 gal n see what the difference comes out to b cause i could fit the 3 with 10 plants still confrably 5 might b pushing it but ill have to do a check on that one far as room goes.... n i had a couple friends say a 3rd 600 would bit too much on the over kill ....im on youtube just use this username i have n u should b able to pull them up have a look and let know what think if u dont mind ...just learning to become a better grower as to what i have been not bad but always room to grow for the better
Try adding molasses it will increases your yield and it's cheap you can grab at your local grocery store for around 3 bucks I start using it around week 3

H

hotrrod7076

Its suposed to b a lighter type soil i bought it because of price factor at the time along with iv recycled some of my old dirt n mixxed it up which i been wondering if that may have caused an issue since i have no idea what the salt count might b ppm...but 707 just a basic step up from regular potting soil ...i use to used foxfarm ocean forrest organic soil which i been thinking about going back to that n plus the 6 i have in veg right now i was kinda maxing out the nutes n added a couple things n slightly burned them so now there in recovery mode but once i get my new clones started im gonna switch my dirt back to the foxfarm stuff n maybe change up the line of nutes im using

H

hotrrod7076

Ill try the molasses thing iv heard people like using that n was told its just a sweetner for taste reasons but ill try it n see what happens

H

hotrrod7076

half n half is always a good way to learn thru experience. lets you see for yourself the differences.
sorry i never searched a username on youtube. how do u do it?
Just go on google search n type in hotrrod7076 you tube user n should pop up ....i have several videos n the newest one are grow room mods

H

hotrrod7076

Yea i was thinkn so i starting getting lil cheap on things n now i upgraded my room i need to get back into doing what i was at the beginning last year i had a heat issues n had a battle with mites n white powdery mold was a long battle but finally beaten it for the last few grows but now i have no heat problems and humidity in check n plenty of luminumuns to do up some nicer n better buds n since i stepped up up my game on my room now i gotta step up on the most n best stuff thats recomended n figured if i get the pot size down then i can concentrate on better soil n nutes . I just checked 5 gal pots b too big for the 10 i wanna do n my 3 n 4 gal pots b perfect ifar as room grows but i wanna step up my yeild so far quality is there very nice quality covered in resins n smoke fantastic :-) 20140629 202338these just came down a week ago train wrecks n were under the single 600hps and the last week of it flowering was under the 2x600 and the 3 t5s

Top Bottom