Game of Thrones

• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
e4ian

e4ian

Yea,he Played the dude "Mountain".. Brought in near the end of ^ the Series.. 6' 9"!..??

H

happy b

Is that who that is?I did not know that . You learn something new everyday . Is he a brit?

e4ian

e4ian

Nah,He's ICELANDER!!

"ICELANDER POWER"...Magnuson and Sigmasun were Iceland too! Sure
His Proper name is Bjorn Thorsen i t'hink..^sounds iceland!?

H

happy b

Born?ha!that's the name of the big bear in "hobbit" or whatever it's called . well it defo sounds scandanavian anyway.

H

happy b

Did anyone read the books BEFORE they watched the programme?im just wondering what people thought of the actors they got to play certain characters?who was expecting ...cersei to be more....well nicer looking?sandor to be bigger uglier and angrier,whith a more burned face . I expected the mountain to be MUCH bigger . I mean he,s said to be over 8 feet tall in the book .I'm not saying I didn't like the series,I did . It just seems the actors arnt as much like theyr characters as they could have been . I mean Tyrone the imp is a horrible LOOKING cretin in the book but the actor who plays him is probably the best looking dwarf iv seen in my life!I'm not saying the actor who played verse isn't beautiful,she clearly is,but cersei is supposed to be absoloutley STUNNING . MORE beautiful than any women in Westeros but sans a stark was nicer in my opinion . I just felt a bit more effort could have been made to make them more like the original characters in the book.

e4ian

e4ian

Same with the Lord of the rings books..The Biggest "Travesty" tho is with the Film Golden compass,good lighthearted stuff (Excellent,really).. but the Original Books by Phillip Pullman Have SO MUCH MORE Content --whacked lol 'n' just sayin'.
L.O.T.R.R.O.T.K too..they missed out the saruman after helms deep bit... "^^^"

Ive got this pic of bought lenses (bar 1) for the my albums at icmag.. Hobitts there ! ..yea the Bearman.. "pretty Grumpy.."
Thor's 6'9" ..there is a lot of 7' people about...?!

20150105 172416

^Stephenie Meyer-Twilight.. The other book Thats about One of the Vamps in Seattle is good too,Forgot the Name,but's "about" that little dark haired girl at the end of Eclipse

Last edited:
H

happy b

Same with the Lord of the rings books..The Biggest "Travesty" tho is with the Film Golden compass,good lighthearted stuff (Excellent,really).. but the Original Books by Phillip Pullman Have SO MUCH MORE Content --whacked lol 'n' just sayin'.
L.O.T.R.R.O.T.K too..they missed out the saruman after helms deep bit... "^^^"

Ive got this pic of bought lenses (bar 1) for the my albums at icmag.. Hobitts there ! ..yea the Bearman.. "pretty Grumpy.."
Thor's 6'9" ..there is a lot of 7' people about...?!

View attachment 473349
So you see my point about the characters?The book that I think is so much better than the film(although the film is amazing also)is "the green mile". What a story!I always prefer the books . your in the mind of the characters in books,you know what theyr thinking etcetera,but a film or program isn't like that . Have any of you watched "the Tudors" ?its a drama based around the court of King Henry VIII . I'M still on the first season on net flicks but it's pretty good.

e4ian

e4ian

Books are way better.. Screen Play is Great Too tho.. esp when smoking the ganja..
^ I dig that tom bombabillo who lives in the wood n talks too the "Understanding" trees who "except him" .. :)

Last edited:
Slayer

Slayer

Did anyone read the books BEFORE they watched the programme?im just wondering what people thought of the actors they got to play certain characters?who was expecting ...cersei to be more....well nicer looking?sandor to be bigger uglier and angrier,whith a more burned face . I expected the mountain to be MUCH bigger . I mean he,s said to be over 8 feet tall in the book .I'm not saying I didn't like the series,I did . It just seems the actors arnt as much like theyr characters as they could have been . I mean Tyrone the imp is a horrible LOOKING cretin in the book but the actor who plays him is probably the best looking dwarf iv seen in my life!I'm not saying the actor who played verse isn't beautiful,she clearly is,but cersei is supposed to be absoloutley STUNNING . MORE beautiful than any women in Westeros but sans a stark was nicer in my opinion . I just felt a bit more effort could have been made to make them more like the original characters in the book.

Aye, kind of. I found out about the show from an article in Rolling Stone during the first season. Watched the first episode and then discovered it was based on a series of books that I had seen at the library but never picked up and looked at. So I bought a boxed set and had a bender in Westeros for the next few months and then I watched the rest of the first season. FYI: There has actually been 3 people who have played Ser Gregor Clegaine so far in the series. And screw the Lannisters, having Scottish blood I sided with the Starks right from the beginning. The North Will Remember !

Aryaandhound
Geek funny troll Game of Thrones 1013309
Houndsmashbrienne
I8X3m36825
O RED WEDDING CAKE ARYA 570

H

happy b

Oh yeah!The starks all the way but I do like Tyrion the imp and Ser Davos the onion knight and funnily enough,I find myself rooting for Stanniss simply because he has an iron will and he is the real king.(i got into these books WAY to much)lol.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I find my self rooting for whom ever takes there top off and shows me those titties!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry but the shows got some damn fine tits and ass :D

H

happy b

Agreed . dabbie . iv a quick question for you dabs.(Un got related).
Do you actually Live in this forum?lol . your the only person I can pretty much GARANTEE will be logged on every time I log on . logic should make you a staff member or an honorary mod or the official news guy or some shit . lol.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Agreed . dabbie . iv a quick question for you dabs.(Un got related).
Do you actually Live in this forum?lol . your the only person I can pretty much GARANTEE will be logged on every time I log on . logic should make you a staff member or an honorary mod or the official news guy or some shit . lol.

Mostly :D I do have to part the forum every few hours for the usual bathroom breaks and munchies but other then that i stay glued to my chair and laptop.. Got nothing better to do..and i enjoy it here :D

H

happy b

Haha . me too bud . There's plenty of great troops on here.(like yourself).its good to get a wee chatter going with some like minded people instead of the crazies we all hav to deal with in the "normal" world . I'm still considered a criminal for growing weed wen most Americans can grow plants as big as you can get a plant to grow with no probs . it makes me sick the rest of the world isn't following theyr lead.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I don;t like reading books like these, id rather watch the show..

H

happy b

Then you guys are really missing out . the books are(in my opinion and many others)far FAR superior to the TV show . The only questions I was left with when I watched the show after reading the book was "why isn't the story the same? " its very similar but not exact same . its different enough that even someone who read the books could still wach it and not know exactly what's going to happen . for instance in the book the hound doesn't get killed by "Brienne the blue ,the maid of tarth" he dies from injuries he receives in the fight in the inn . It's the scene were the hound threatens to "eat every fuckin chicken in this room" in the TV show . in the book he dies after that.

H

happy b

Dabbie you lack imagination . and If all your afters is tits then wach jersey shore or something,theyr all tits in that are they not?and anyway I suppose your always to busy making and smoking bloody concentrates to read a book . lol.

Top Bottom