Garage To A Warehouse

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

a old buddy of mine used to clean supermarkets at night with a big battery powered floor scrubber that weighed close to 1000 lbs
he could do the whole store in about 4 hours and they were a lot bigger than 6k ft
call your local rental stores and see whats available

fwiw

Natural

Natural

The scrubbing part is what I'm trying to avoid. It's about 6k of square feet.
After pressure washing there's a layer of dust that I'm hoping a Enzyme product would eat up so I don't have to sweep.
I had that exact problem in a basement of a new house. I think they poured it during the middle of summer and it got foamy. Dust galore. I ended up having to power-wash everything to one side and suck the water up with a shop vac. I got probably 80% of it cleaned up then used a clear concrete binding product before I laid down the epoxy and it worked well.
I bet once you get it mostly cleaned up a simple clear concrete sealer will help tremendously. The dust was actually part of the concrete to a degree.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Having a issue and need help.
The floors of the Warehouse have this layer of grime. I used my pressure washer with concrete cleaner and when it dried there's a layer of dust.
Does anyone know of a floor cleaner or a DIY enzyme product that will eat the grime? All the Enzyme products I seen are going to cost more than I can afford.

That is diesel dust, from the trucks loading and unloading indoors. Had to clean it many times. ONLY ANSWER. Hire a steam pressure washer. Not just pressure washer, a steam powered pressure washer trailed on the back of a truck. Only way that gets clean, period.

3k for a where house, what a steal!

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

The scrubbing part is what I'm trying to avoid. It's about 6k of square feet.
After pressure washing there's a layer of dust that I'm hoping a Enzyme product would eat up so I don't have to sweep.
a old buddy of mine used to clean supermarkets at night with a big battery powered floor scrubber that weighed close to 1000 lbs
he could do the whole store in about 4 hours and they were a lot bigger than 6k ft
call your local rental stores and see whats available

fwiw
Excellent
That is diesel dust, from the trucks loading and unloading indoors. Had to clean it many times. ONLY ANSWER. Hire a steam pressure washer. Not just pressure washer, a steam powered pressure washer trailed on the back of a truck. Only way that gets clean, period.

3k for a where house, what a steal!
Diesel dust is exactly what it is. After talking to the people next door, the guy use to store heavy equipment and semi trucks in the Warehouse.
I'm looking at renting a ride on floor cleaner, hopefully that will work.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Got a lot of shit done last evening.
Took me 3 coats of epoxy floor paint to get good coverage on the shipping container. Took me 3 nights for 3 coats.
Got the green drywall hung, taped and mudded. Going to sand and paint the wall and door today.
Took about 3 hours to cut a 10" hole for the carbon filter and 2 trips to the hardware store to get the right tool.
Need to hang the brackets for the Gavitas, hang lights and tidy up electric cords.
Carbon filter needs to be hung, intake ports need to be cut in the floor. Going to have two 10" intake holes at each end.
Then the Reflectix needs to be hung. Hoping I can get this done today.
Tomorrow, the tables should be going in. The irrigation lines ran and plants finally in their home.
Decided to play around with Rockwool slabs. Haven't decided on DTW or recirculating drip on a timer.
Going to run the Veg+Bloom 4/1 and it should crush it.

mancdank

mancdank

Got a lot of shit done last evening.
Took me 3 coats of epoxy floor paint to get good coverage on the shipping container. Took me 3 nights for 3 coats.
Got the green drywall hung, taped and mudded. Going to sand and paint the wall and door today.
Took about 3 hours to cut a 10" hole for the carbon filter and 2 trips to the hardware store to get the right tool.
Need to hang the brackets for the Gavitas, hang lights and tidy up electric cords.
Carbon filter needs to be hung, intake ports need to be cut in the floor. Going to have two 10" intake holes at each end.
Then the Reflectix needs to be hung. Hoping I can get this done today.
Tomorrow, the tables should be going in. The irrigation lines ran and plants finally in their home.
Decided to play around with Rockwool slabs. Haven't decided on DTW or recirculating drip on a timer.
Going to run the Veg+Bloom 4/1 and it should crush it.
U ever try run to waste ?

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Next time cutting holes, cut squares and make plenums for your ducts. Cut the container with a metal cutting grinding wheel for an angle grinder. Careful, wear eye wear ext ext. Everything looks great man.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Ime no project is complete without the obligatory trip(s) BACK to Home Depot. Cue the spitting and cursing...

What tool did you end up using to cut the holes?

Harbor freight high speed air saw. It's like a mini saws all.
I had to drill a bunch of holes about 1" apart, this really helped at making it round instead of jagged like it started.
I first tried using a 3" cutoff wheel and that didn't do shit.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Here's where I'm at now.
Got the lights hung. Tidied up the ballast cords.
Still need to hang and tidy up the Gavita controller and cords to the ballasts.
Taking a bong break and then I'm going to hang the Reflectix. Also need to feed the veg room.
IMG 20161030 213113
IMG 20161030 213147
IMG 20161030 213947
IMG 20161030 213240

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

How many lights in there and you just going to circulate the air no ac? Looks awesome
Passive intake/exhaust old school. Going to take advantage of the cooler temperatures. With the size of the Warehouse, I should have plenty of cool air.
I have a 10" Max Fan and matching cfm Carbon filter.
Tomorrow I'm cutting two intake holes in the floor, or possibly 4 holes total one in each corner.
For now I'm doing what I can to get by. In the near future I will be getting A/C and Co2 and a environment controller to run it.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Harbor freight high speed air saw. It's like a mini saws all.
I had to drill a bunch of holes about 1" apart, this really helped at making it round instead of jagged like it started.
I first tried using a 3" cutoff wheel and that didn't do shit.

Really? I used to cut huge ac units into semi trailers all the time for Sprint. They have cell sites every 5 miles, and lots of them are made from shipping containers. I would NEVER have used a reciprocating saw, always metal cutting or diamond cutting wheels, 3'' is kind of small though. Glad you got her done.

Then there is always a plasma torch.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Late night for me last evening.
Got the carbon filter hung and sealed.
Managed to get the bottom section of Reflectix put up.
Also hung the phone cord for the Gavita controller.
Not sure if I'm going to get any work done today with it being Halloween.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why did you choose Reflectix over something like the rigid Styro sheets, either white or Mylar-backed? Just curious, because I've priced out the Reflectix and found it a bit too rich for my blood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom