Garage To A Warehouse

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I have 4 tons on 6 lights. When the lights are all the way up I guess I'm running 7200w. There are 2-2 ton fujitsu's at opposing ends. When we do ac for other people I always recommend 1/2 ton per light. We run sealed up rooms with no outside ventilation so the cooling job is all on the ac. We built another container with 8 lights and put 5 tons in it.
Even with the overkill ac I still see my lights dimming and coming back up, but I have the dim temp at 78 and the sensor about 30" off the light. I would go with no less then 1/2 ton per light.
If you want to get that 600a panel on the fast track to making money, I can have 2-3 containers delivered in a month. The one man show is cool and all, believe me I've been there, but that place could be pumping out 10 times the product in 6 months with a lil help.
Oh and my container sits in the sun, half shaded in the morning but I did build 2x4 walls with insulation and 5/8 sheetrock

DenBloom

DenBloom

I'm pretty sure that just because it's a de doesn't mean it's producing more heat at the end of the day a 1000w is a 1000w so the heat generated is surely going to be the same
actually most users of De's that i have come across say quite the contrary, and that DE 1000 watt fixtures do run hotter than typical SE 1000 watt fixtures.

DenBloom

DenBloom

I have 4 tons on 6 lights. When the lights are all the way up I guess I'm running 7200w. There are 2-2 ton fujitsu's at opposing ends. When we do ac for other people I always recommend 1/2 ton per light. We run sealed up rooms with no outside ventilation so the cooling job is all on the ac. We built another container with 8 lights and put 5 tons in it.
Even with the overkill ac I still see my lights dimming and coming back up, but I have the dim temp at 78 and the sensor about 30" off the light. I would go with no less then 1/2 ton per light.
If you want to get that 600a panel on the fast track to making money, I can have 2-3 containers delivered in a month. The one man show is cool and all, believe me I've been there, but that place could be pumping out 10 times the product in 6 months with a lil help.
Oh and my container sits in the sun, half shaded in the morning but I did build 2x4 walls with insulation and 5/8 sheetrock
yeah, wish i had more AC, setting this up to run in a space that has been used before, and the AC came with, there's about 100 amps in the building so maybe I'll just throw another AC in there, High slanted ceilings will hopefully help dissipate the heat.

DenBloom

DenBloom

You will not like the results of any DE light with that low of ceiling.
You will lose height from the light itself. Also your plant base height to the final canopy height all comes into play.
315cmh are great, especially supplemented with the LEP.
I was wrong on my math with the lights.
I would do 2 rows 12x3 with 2 6x3 trays. They are a few inches shorter than 6 feet so you can fit them.
8 each 600 watt Gavita S/E with 4 over each row.
6 each Gavita 270 LEP E-series Plasma with 3 on each row between the 600 watters.
You will have less heat to deal with. More bud sites and healthier plants in that room with this configuration over DE lights at 600 watts.
A 600 can produce as well as a 1000 watt. You can get the 600 closer to your canopy.
I am looking into the Gavita SE 600's and CMH 315's, or a combination of the two? although i suppose the LEP's could do the job just the same.

mancdank

mancdank

I am looking into the Gavita SE 600's and CMH 315's, or a combination of the two? although i suppose the LEP's could do the job just the same.
I'm hearing and seeing real nice reports from the 315s there's a side by side on you tube if u get time give it a watch they use 3 x 315s and side by side against a 1000w on a mover and the 315s smashed them

DenBloom

DenBloom

I'm hearing and seeing real nice reports from the 315s there's a side by side on you tube if u get time give it a watch they use 3 x 315s and side by side against a 1000w on a mover and the 315s smashed them
thats the video that i watched that got me actually interested in them

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Only issue with the cmh is you have to keep them super close to the canopy.
As the LEP you do not.
So having them between a 600 watt light you can keep them at the same distance.
With cmh and a 600 watt you're going to have staggard ballasts heights and will look funny.

mancdank

mancdank

Only issue with the cmh is you have to keep them super close to the canopy.
As the LEP you do not.
So having them between a 600 watt light you can keep them at the same distance.
With cmh and a 600 watt you're going to have staggard ballasts heights and will look funny.
If u look at the maxi bright there ballast is remote so not attached to the shade. on big jobs I usually set up a cheap pullie system so I can raise and lower the lights at the door if i want. what would be awesome if your getting another project on the go is try with 315s with the exact set up and clone and see for your self. I'm planning on doing pretty much the same thing but on a small scale so I'm not getting something only to wish I had bought the alternative which I have found my self doing too many times

DenBloom

DenBloom

Hey guys, I am trying to find a light controller that can handle 12 HID lights, but keep 8 one one schedule and 4 on another, all of the dual trigger controllers i have seen split the available outlets in halp, so 6 on one sched and 6 on another. possibly have to just run one 8 light controller and another 4 light for the veg, thanks.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

how are the shipping containers doing?
Sorry, I didn't see this reply.
I had a little set back with cold temps. Got it straightened out and things are rocking.
I ran 2 stains I never grown before and one didn't stretch that much and the other is just getting done with the stretch.
Wasted allot of space by not having them vegged as big as I'd like them to of been.
Just picked up a 25'container for $7500 fully built. Going to rock that out soon.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

New addition finally arrived. Took 3 separate company's to finally have a driver that was competent to move it.

25' Shipping Container, 12k of lights. Co2, 5 ton roof top A/C, and 2 rolling tables for $7500. Deal of the year for me I couldn't pass up.
IMG 20161230 105339 000
IMG 20161230 091415
IMG 20161230 104528
IMG 20161230 104643

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
I have been pricing out units, and what it will cost to make them up. I got about 20k per 40 tall, fully outfitted. Wont happen this year, cause I have to drop power poles, but 2018 I am thinking of dropping 4 40 talls on the property and rock out some quality indoor as well as my outdoor. If inspectors come around, they are dry rooms.

Thanks for letting us watch the show.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have been pricing out units, and what it will cost to make them up. I got about 20k per 40 tall, fully outfitted. Wont happen this year, cause I have to drop power poles, but 2018 I am thinking of dropping 4 40 talls on the property and rock out some quality indoor as well as my outdoor. If inspectors come around, they are dry rooms.

Thanks for letting us watch the show.

I have even looking buying a spray foam insulation machine so I can build these myself.
A 40' highboy container is a cunt hair over $2000 with delivery in my area.
I would think 2 each 5 ton ac in each container would make it possible to have these outside. I would at least have them under a car port or something like it.
20k should do it.
Hope to see you rocking these out.

DenBloom

DenBloom

deal of the year to say the least, thing looks bad ass, cant wait to see what you do in it, did you ever end up running any Dimlux products? also, anybody have any experience with Silicilic Acids/ plant available silicon? been hearing a lot about it these days and want to try some OSA or Fasilitor by Aptus just to help encourage plant health in early veg. thanks

mancdank

mancdank

Homie..haven't been able to reach you by phone or email..hope you're just super busy and all is well. Give us a shout when you can. @Smokey503ski
Hey @Smokey503ski u good bro not seen u around for a good while hope things are good I've got a few questions I could do with asking u

Top Bottom