M

mickeymouse

Hi everybody first post having some problems with my grow

Not how I wanted my first post to start ;(
My lower buds are dying, its spreading from the bottom to the top
The buds are drying out, turning brown and eventually no smell
I cant seem to find any solution to this problem online or in books
I have 4 strains and all strains are having this issue
I veg under LED 750 w black dogs then moved to flower room under Gavita 1000 watt lights running them at 1150 watts. I had to move all plants back under LED lights to flower since for some reason they didn't like the Gavita lights, but now all plants under Gavita Lights. Leaves for 2 strains started yellowing early.

PH is good 5.8, temp is at 82 with CO2 pumping at 1000 PPM, I use RO water, no know bug problem, humidity is at 40%, i grow in coco

Will post Pics show

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The only other information you've left out is how you're feeding.

I'm very sorry your first post is for a problem like this. I can't even begin to guess at what might be wrong. But I do welcome you to the farm and I can bump the hell out of this post.

M

mickeymouse

I'm using CYCO for nutrients started with 1/2 nutrients to full, nutrients/nutrients/water

Cosativaman

Cosativaman

Thanks for the help guys
And what's the air circulation like? Those gavitas are putting off a ton more heat then the led and you'd have to go way up then come closer as they point towards it .... Very easy to heavy feed under led w/ out scorching as fast as under the hot HPS

Cosativaman

Cosativaman

Look into SkunkwerksRx.... You can almost never over feed as well as you won't have a single defic
5 Gal smart pots air circulation is good plenty of fans and LG AC cooling system with air handlers
Logic tells me first heat fried from high ppm going from led to HPS .... Then I'm thinking that the top buds would have fried out first.... Which makes me think something happened in the roots .... How often do you water and is it top or bottom fed? And do you let the bottoms of your pot dry out?( w coco under heavier heat then used to I've had to take my rootball out let it dry and cut off some of the bottom, after couple weeks bounced back to normal)

M

mickeymouse

I completely cut down the bruce banners, examined 1 plants roots it looked fine, white, roots didn't expand all the way to the outside and bottom of the 5 gallon smart pot, watering every 2 days with 3L liters with no run off after 2 days Coco very dry, running the lights now at 1000w from 1150, also raised the lights 6 inches higher

Cosativaman

Cosativaman

I completely cut down the bruce banners, examined 1 plants roots it looked fine, white, roots didn't expand all the way to the outside and bottom of the 5 gallon smart pot, watering every 2 days with 3L liters with no run off after 2 days Coco very dry, running the lights now at 1000w from 1150, also raised the lights 6 inches higher
Hmm that's strange. How's the new growth?

Top Bottom