Gardening By Lunar Cycle Information

• Thread starter Pushrod Monkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

How many of you garden by the moon? Planting or harvesting or even weeding? If you have never heard of this I would encourage you to read some about it.

It’s specific enough that it helps you decide when to plant cannabis and when to flip so that you’re chopping at the right time. Example: I’m finishing a seed run next Thursday. It’s that specific for various purposes. If you are growing for weed harvest days are different than if you are running for seed.

Here’s a link. Go for it.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Been doing it for thirty years. Taught by grand parents that were farmers. I use it for every process. Planting, transplanting, defoliation.
My great grandfather farmed by the moon. He also castrated by the moon and never lost a steer.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

The link I posted has good concise explanations for the uninitiated. I’m running an extra 9 days this run to ensure the best quality seeds with the best storage potential. It’s that specific.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

I do to some extent. Like say I can chop tues, but the full moon is friday, I might wait.
I time flip so that I’m chopping at the full moon or extremely close. But I pay attention to Flower days and Fruit days too. If going for seed you chop on one of the Fruit days. If for smoke you chop on a Flower day.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

E09E7373 0C8D 4B7B 8FF5 DCF6F64CBCF6

MAC heavily seeded by a very nice IBL Durban. Open pollination. Fruit days are when you chop for the best seeds. For germination and for storage. Next Fruit days are next week and she’ll be coming free from her earthly bonds and properly dried.

If I was going for bud she’d come down on a Flower day for longer storage and more intense smell and taste.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

How do you get excess salts out of you medium?
First I feed extremely lightly compared to most. Then I give plain water the last time or two. You’re never going to get a plant to excrete anything. If it takes it up it uses it. Hence burn. I don’t care about the medium. It goes outdoors to a heap for recycling.

growsince79

growsince79

First I feed extremely lightly compared to most. Then I give plain water the last time or two. You’re never going to get a plant to excrete anything. If it takes it up it uses it. Hence burn. I don’t care about the medium. It goes outdoors to a heap for recycling.
Thats what I do too; some people consider that flushing. The main thing is I don't want it too green or foxtails.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Thats what I do too; some people consider that flushing. The main thing is I don't want it too green or foxtails.
I cut way back on nitrogen after stretch. Flushing is what my buddy does. The same buddy crying about his buds loosening up after chop. He uses 5 gallon buckets and a mixture of Pro Mix and FF Happy Frog. Feeds organic. Then turns out the lights for 48 hours followed by running at least 7 gallons of spring water through each bucket. Repeatedly. Then just water for the next 2 weeks as they dry.

Then he comes to my place “I don’t unnerstand why my buds don’t stay this hard”.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Me too, used to wean calves cut hair etc.
P.S. I don’t flush! Lol
How do you get excess salts out of you medium?
I never have a salt build up, but I don’t use bottle nutes. Proof of that are the grow bags, clean as a whistle with no salt rings etc. Also feeding organic calls for just plain water for the last two weeks. Smooth, tastes dandy and terps are over the moon. Try it, ya might like it. 😊

growsince79

growsince79

P.S. I don’t flush! Lol

I never have a salt build up, but I don’t use bottle nutes. Proof of that are the grow bags, clean as a whistle with no salt rings etc. Also feeding organic calls for just plain water for the last two weeks. Smooth, tastes dandy and terps are over the moon. Try it, ya might like it. 😊
I've grown great plants with just cocoloco and happy frog dry amendments. In a controlled experiment with identical clones, the plant grown with organics took 6 days longer to finish. Didn't notice any difference in potency or taste. The bottled fed clone also got silica and the stems didn't need support. The organic was hf only and the buds were all falling over.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I've grown great plants with just cocoloco and happy frog dry amendments. In a controlled experiment with identical clones, the plant grown with organics took 6 days longer to finish. Didn't notice any difference in potency or taste. The bottled fed clone also got silica and the stems didn't need support. The organic was hf only and the buds were all falling over.
I’m lost on the stems needing support, but then again, I scrog. I’m happy with the outcome, nice, packed solid. I can and have tasted the nutes in some stuff. Also noted it would not stay lit and had a hard black bead on the end. As far me the cleaner it’s grown, the better I feel about smokin it.

growsince79

growsince79

I’m lost on the stems needing support, but then again, I scrog. I’m happy with the outcome, nice, packed solid. I can and have tasted the nutes in some stuff. Also noted it would not stay lit and had a hard black bead on the end. As far me the cleaner it’s grown, the better I feel about smokin it.
I grow as small of plants as possible. I only scrog when I have too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom