gauno or blood/bonemeal

• Thread starter north knect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

starting seedlings..which is more benificial and which run the safest route for least chance of chem burn till they hit veg??

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Ok I will try to answer this for you! I only use pro mix hp, an fox farm so what I do is cut the fox farm 50/50 because fox farm soil can be to hot for babies, add some garden lime for the ph buffer an you shouldn't have any burning issues with proper lighting! P.S. would you be making a tea brew with the gauno/bloodmeal or just dressing your soil! This something we would need to know before answering your question accurate!

Last edited:
north knect

north knect

Ok I will try to answer this for you! I only use pro mix hp, an fox farm so what I do is cut the fox farm 50/50 because fox farm soil can be to hot for babies, add some garden lime for the ph buffer an you shouldn't have any burning issues with proper lighting!
im usin promix aswell..lookat myprior posts for my mediem mix..fox farm although widly used my local store cant get it..already made the 5 hour trip to the big city for lights n beans..im not goin bk for foxfarm lol

S

ssteely71

I hate to answer a question with a question.....But, Are you looking for something to use between seedling and veg stages?
Just use a mild potting soil and declorinated and pH'd water. I would not suggest anything else until they are established or untill you get some experience.
best of luck!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

One more thing i forgot to mention with these potting soils pick up a cheap tin turkey pan an heat your soil for a couple of minutes on the bbq grille to help ensure you don't bring home an unwanted bugs!

K

kolah

I use Happy Frog and Warrior spacked in beer cups. The bottom half of the cup gets HF and the top gets Warrior. The seedling once popped has it's own internal food source for about 5-7 days or so. The HF in the bottom of the cup will feed the tap root and other roots as she grows. And yeah OF is a bit too hot and will burn young-uns. Once they are rootbound in the cups I transplant them into one gallon pots of either Black Gold, Roots O or Ocean Forest...or a mixed combo...I also use my fresh garden compost which costs me nothing but elbow grease. Later on I'll use organic fertilizers once they flower. Some folks top dress with guano or make a tea brew.

If you want to use guano or bonemeal, use it later on in the veg stage. IMO of course.

Three simple things I adhere to is "reading plants," checking the pH of your soil and water and cutting down costs without sacrificing quality. I have grown some nice plants in nothing but Mother Earth's natural soil.

There are lots of ways to skin the cat....reads other posts, experiment and do what works best for you. Good luck.

Last edited:
ChalkyWhite

ChalkyWhite

Never use blood meal but I use guanos as my ferts but never for seedlings light warrior has enough food for them until they need to be transported then into FFOF by that time they are established....I don't fert very heavy but it's not easy to burn your plants with Mexican bat guano now seabird/Jamaican guano that's a different story.

north knect

north knect

For seedlings, plain old potting soil. For flower, Blood meal 12-0-0 and Fish bone meal 3-16-0. Fish bone meal replaces guano 0-5-0 and it's suppose to be better than animal bone meal 3-16-0 that's the same NPK.
also good to kno..i read they had the same nkp profile but didnt realize theey had diff affect on my girls

north knect

north knect

i will def keep that in mind..is there much of a price diff in the 2? a 2kg bag here costs 30 of mexi bat guano..never looked for the other types to compare..also the brand i buy has a type for veg and a diff bag for flowering..have u used a type like that?

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I use sunleafs guano for both veg an flower. I believe for the small bag it is about 8 bucks per bag, but I buy a 5 gallon bucket of the jamaican guano for about 120.00 at the store I deal with

north knect

north knect

so u said the npk count is the same but u find the jamacian works better for flowering..why is that do u tbink

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Sorry northknect I might have confused you in the last post I was just saying the bat guano company but the post I stated earlier tells you when I use Mexican guano in veg an jamaican in flower here is the npk for the Mexican guano 10-1-1 an jamaican npk is 1-10-1 more n in veg an less in flowering

N

nightmarecreature

I think Peruvian Seabird Guano is the best bang for your buck. Why waste money on bat guano that is 0-5-0 when you can get Seabird Guano at 12-11-2! High in Nitrogen and Potassium. Most of it is pellets but nothing a hammer can't fix.

Doing some research this is the most complete NPK combo that I have found.
Seabird Guano 12-11-2
Fish Bone meal 3-16-0
Feather Meal 12-0-0
Beneficial Biologics Kelp 1tsp for 5 gallons 1-0-18

Total
Nitrogen 28-Phosphorus 27-Potassium-20

Last edited:
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Yeah for my seabird guano I have a small grinder. I do use jamaican bat gauno an the seabird guano When flowering I wanna say the seabird guano really helps the flavor an smell!

chuckchill

chuckchill

u. NEED ,BOTH,!. be carefull tho as that stuff is STRONG MAN. GOOD LUCK ,:-)
PEACE.C.C
SORRY.U NEED ,BOTH,! AS THEY CONTAIN DIFF NUTES THAT NEED MIXING TO MAKE A ,FULL SPECTRUM NUTRIENT:-).
HOPE THAT HELPS :-)
C.C
starting seedlings..which is more benificial and which run the safest route for least chance of chem burn till they hit veg??

Top Bottom