Gavita 1700e LED Light canopy distance

• Thread starter Budbiggieled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budbiggieled

Budbiggieled

I’m on day 24 of flower and I made a rookies mistake.... I didn’t account for the height of my room the be a problem but it is. The girls have legit blown up in flower. I’m running the gavita 1700e and ideally trying to keep the light canopy height 2ft away at 100% power. There are some plants that are only 1ft away and some slightly closer then that. Plants are showing no stress at all in just trying to foresee any problems I’ll have in late flower.I’m growing in coco keep co2 level at 1500 and canopy temperature 75-78 degrees. Question being should I be worried about fox tailing or light stress further into flower? Do I need to find away to further the distance of my light? Any suggestions or options would be appropriated! Thank you

Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance
Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance 2
Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance 3
Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance 4
Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance 5
Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance 6
Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance 7
Gavita 1700e led light canopy distance 8
sshz

sshz

Gavita recommends 18 inches in flowering, I’ve found 20 inches is better and that’s where I flower them at. Any less than that, the planets will react negatively in various ways. You will need to raise the LED’s 20 inches above your tallest plant, and raise the shorter plants by whatever method you can. Or not, but anything less than18-20 inches away will have issues as you get later in flowering. I have not seen foxtailing, but leaves will start to show some distortion and/or look “off”....... and bud development will suffer.

The key to maximizing these lights is having an even level canopy or you’ll be facing the exact issues you have. Your room looks like it’s off to a great start, but I’m guessing the co2 and/or extended veg time has you in the situation you are now finding yourself in. I‘m getting 53 oz average under each of my Gavita’s, and keeping the plants very short along with strategic defoliation has me getting yield numbers few others are reaching- 2.3 gpw. I hope to do even better with my current crop.

With all that, you need to run the room warmer with LED’s and co2, probably 82-85 degrees is ideal for you. Humidity is also important to have properly set.

Search out my Orange Gasm grow here, as it will give you just about all the info you could probably want answered.........

Last edited:
machiaveli

machiaveli

why did u let the plants vegetate so much should have turned them long time ago they get the light better much more space and more yield. what yield did u take previous grow with those gavitas. i started using pro zeus wich are almost same and this is my first time grow woth those lights

Budbiggieled

Budbiggieled

Gavita recommends 18 inches in flowering, I’ve found 20 inches is better and that’s where I flower them at. Any less than that, the planets will react negatively in various ways. You will need to raise the LED’s 20 inches above your tallest plant, and raise the shorter plants by whatever method you can. Or not, but anything less than18-20 inches away will have issues as you get later in flowering. I have not seen foxtailing, but leaves will start to show some distortion and/or look “off”....... and bud development will suffer.

The key to maximizing these lights is having an even level canopy or you’ll be facing the exact issues you have. Your room looks like it’s off to a great start, but I’m guessing the co2 and/or extended veg time has you in the situation you are now finding yourself in. I‘m getting 53 oz average under each of my Gavita’s, and keeping the plants very short along with strategic defoliation has me getting yield numbers few others are reaching- 2.3 gpw. I hope to do even better with my current crop.

With all that, you need to run the room warmer with LED’s and co2, probably 82-85 degrees is ideal for you. Humidity is also important to have properly set.

Search out my Orange Gasm grow here, as it will give you just about all the info you could probably want answered.........

Thank you for the feed back this is my first run with the gravitas. Canopy management clearly gotta be way better fairly new to growing a lot to improve! Thanks again

Budbiggieled

Budbiggieled

why did u let the plants vegetate so much should have turned them long time ago they get the light better much more space and more yield. what yield did u take previous grow with those gavitas. i started using pro zeus wich are almost same and this is my first time grow woth those lights
They more then doubled in size I’ve never had girls stretch so much in flower. This is my first run with these gavita though idk yield rn.

sshz

sshz

Well, something is going on cause mine stay super short under these lights......like they are 2 to 2 1/2 ft. tall when finished. So it’s either your strain, led height in veg, leaf temps, CO2 or something else we are missing.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Is this distance recommended during veg and flower stage?

I have mine mounted to my ceiling, so during early veg, they are way up high. Shoukd I lower them at at recommend and keep raising them as they get taller? Also what about when I raise my % intensisity

sshz

sshz

Gavita recommends 36-48 inches in veg and 18 inches during flowering. You may need to make small changes, dues to your circumstances.

I don’t dim mine- they run 100% all the time. I adjust light intensity by raising and lowering the LED’s.

Gavita makes general suggestions after doing many tests grows I imagine. If you are a new grower or new to LED’s, I would stay close to their suggestions because they know more than you.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

I've grown with them before and never followed any of it lol. First grow was great massive yield. Second not so much. I'm on 5 now in a new sealed room. Next run I'm going to follow the recommendation by lowering them as needed.

Budbiggieled

Budbiggieled

Well, something is going on cause mine stay super short under these lights......like they are 2 to 2 1/2 ft. tall when finished. So it’s either your strain, led height in veg, leaf temps, CO2 or something else we are missing.
Big temperature swings from day to night will also lead to more elongation..........
Thanks I gotta take more into account I begged for 2 1/2 month
Gavita recommends 36-48 inches in veg and 18 inches during flowering. You may need to make small changes, dues to your circumstances.

I don’t dim mine- they run 100% all the time. I adjust light intensity by raising and lowering the LED’s.

Gavita makes general suggestions after doing many tests grows I imagine. If you are a new grower or new to LED’s, I would stay close to their suggestions because they know more than you.
thank you for all the suggestions really appreciate. For sue gonna follow gavita guideline. I was just worried about stress the plants out with too much light. Gotta get my room more dialed in.

sshz

sshz

Don't turn the lights down, or your lower stuff will be totally under developed.......... and your upper stuff won't be a large. If you are going to make suggestions like that, at least explain why so we can dispute it.

Rkf

Rkf

Don't turn the lights down, or your lower stuff will be totally under developed.......... and your upper stuff won't be a large. If you are going to make suggestions like that, at least explain why so we can dispute it.
I'm new to LEDS but I definetly would keep em at 100% . Not a solution but maybe bend down some od the tallest tops........ worst case senerio would save you a couple inches

Latest posts

Top Bottom