Gavita 1700e LED Light canopy distance

• Thread starter Budbiggieled
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nunia720

Nunia720

First Post so hello to all! You are in day 24 of flower right? Or you were thursday. Granted I have been on a 10 year break from this hobby but can't you super crop and defoliate still? Or is the room to full for that to even help? They look awesome tho!!

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

How far apart is recommended from each light? Ceiling is 7ft and also a 12ft ceiling

sshz

sshz

But to make it easy....... if you hang the LED’s at the recommended height, you can space them 1 foot apart end to end or side by side.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

24-36 inches in veg and 18 inches in flowering......... these are gavita’s recommendations.

But, I would not go lower than 20 inches in flowering and if you want any stretch in veg, I’d keep them at 36-48 inches. I think Gavita’s numbers are very aggressive and a bit off.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Ok. U have mind fixed to the ceiling. They don't lowerbir raise in veg flower. I have to figure a way to raise them all

sshz

sshz

Yup, that won't work. Raising and lowering them is an important part of maximizing the LED's.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Ok. Next project on how to figure how to raise a row of lights. Any suggestions??

sshz

sshz

Assuming you have a drywall ceiling, I'd use toogle wings and eye hooks available at any hardware store or home depot or even walmart. Then hang the lights with these........

It makes it easy to raise and lower them and can handle a lot of weight.

sshz

sshz

Then you're probably in trouble............. and will have to figure something else out.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

I have to many lights with 12ft ceiling. Will be hard to get inside once I have it set up to raise them each ome by one. I'll figure something out and make it post some pictures

sshz

sshz

Surely not an ideal situation.............. but it's important to be able to get in and around the plants to defoliate, among other things. There's easy and hard ways, and yours will be a lot more challenging without some changes.

I also think what you are missing is the LED's only penetrate so far, which means you'll have a lot of larf down below the canopy which won't ever amount to much.

And I guess my whole point is, with your current way, you are missing out on at least 40% more possible yield and maybe more. It's not an efficient way to grow, although it will work. But if you are going to go thru the process, why not try and squeeze out every oz the room has to offer. What you also have is also a ton more work start to finish, but that's a whole other issue.

Last edited:
NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Yeah. I'm starting to see that right now at the bottoms. I'll measure where in at tomorrow morning.

Madmax

Madmax

Id prolly purchase some small stainless cables hook them up to the eyelets or whatever your using dangle them from the ceiling then just hookup those ratchet hangers to them to the fixture..

sshz

sshz

I think his issue is he can't get to the cables to raise and lower them under his current setup. I do have some ideas on how to do it, by a series of eyehooks with rope (or whatever) run thru them to a central point.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

Yeah I have am idea on what I might do.

What PAR would I be at the recommended 20 inches

Top Bottom