Gavita pro 1000 DE or E pap

• Thread starter ohgee kush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Gavita 1000 De or E pap

• Total voters
ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Which of the two lights would you choose if they were the same price. Why would you choose one over the other.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
gavitas throw down harder light on a horizontal garden with less spread. epaps give you even light over a larger spread, and coudl potentially be used in a vert garden if set up right. Depends on how efficient with your light you want to be. Both reflectors are fine. The bulbs by philips are head and shoulders above normal HPS.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

I will be switching over to DE from HPS here shortly after I finish this last run with HPS.

So I was at the hydro shop I go to and a rep from sunlight supply was there and I was talking to him about the DE systems. He gave me a super sun DE reflector to try out.

But im on the fence right now on the gavita and the epap, I have 2 months to think about which one to choose.

I have two 4x8 tables, Do you think the larger spread of the epap will suit me better or will I have too much light bouncing off the walls?

jaredman

jaredman

check out the ac/de hoods. you can get the benefits of the de bulbs but still use air cooled hoods. plus the light footprint is still normal.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

check out c/de hoods. you can get the benefits of the de bulbs but still use air cooled hoods. plus the light footprint is still normal.
I thought about going that route but it would be more expensive to piece the ballast, hood and blub together vers getting a complete gavita or epap system.

I thought the DE bulb was no good when you cooled it?
the hood hes referring to has a seprate chamber for the cooled air to flow through

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I also run 4x8 tables and was pretty set on putting 2 gavitas over each. Just wrapping up my last run with my current lights (about a month left) then was gonna buy new equipment.

masshole61

masshole61

Is that the one from sun systems? if you could air cool that bulb and still have 100% efficiency I would imagine it would open up a whole new market for growers with shorter ceilings (ie basement growers)...

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Yea they are side by side.

nice, so one big row @ 4'x16'? if so then you only need 3 fixtures. Before you spend the cash, how tall are your ceilings? if you plan on running either fixture @ 1000w, you need atleast 4' of canopy to bulb seperation. if not, you will need to dim your lights for its to intense at close range.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

nice, so one big row @ 4'x16'? if so then you only need 3 fixtures. Before you spend the cash, how tall are your ceilings? if you plan on running either fixture @ 1000w, you need atleast 4' of canopy to bulb seperation. if not, you will need to dim your lights for its to intense at close range.
4' between the canopy??? Damn..

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Tabels are parallel, I was thinking 2 lights over each table. Ceilings are 8ft high.

Last edited:
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

4' between the canopy??? Damn..
absolutely, the biggest misconception of running DE fixtures @ 1000w is the distance one needs between canopy. These fixtures put off very intense light. you will burn your plants if you try to place them too close to the plant.

One table on the left and other on right, I was thinking 2 lights over each table. Ceilings are 8ft high.

to be very honest. You do not have the right specifications to run these fixtures.

+These lights have optimal cross lighting and this is one of the greater features. But to achieve this benefit, you must run more than 1 fixture. Even 2 is not suggested, but its much better than one.

+These lights need to be much higher than a normal bulb and ballast combo, this is do to the high PAR rating, its over kill in a small light foot print. I recommend 4'-5' of separation between canopy and bulb. If this is not applicable, then you gotta dim your lights to around 750-825, possibly more in your case due to only 8' ceilings.

+you can use 3 Gavita/e-Paps for every 4 1000w SE fixtures. but this only makes sense if you run your tables 16' long.

IMVHO, i would recommend the Gavita 600w fixtures. they are bad ass. MWD has a sick thread of his grow with them, dude killed it. you can easily run 2/table. Not too mention they are a bit cheaper than the 1000's too.

hope i helped out a bit, sorry for the bad news. If you doubt my word, feel free to pm me and i can shoot you a couple links and phone numbers of the reps who supply these lights. much luck. Z

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Well thats a bummer that i dont have the right specs to run these fixtures :(

That would be nice if I have the tables lined up long ways to run 3 DE fixtures instead of 4 SE fixtures. Ill work with what I have.

Ill check out his grow. I dont doubt what your telling me. Thanks for the input

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

no problem man, i just didnt want you to spend $ on something that might not work out for you. Also, 1000w SE fixtures are great. if you already have a set up of 4, i wouldnt ditch those to upgrade, even if you had the right specs. DE bulbs are good, but not good enough to replace an existing room. I would focus on hitting gpw all day with the set up you have. Sounds like a nice spot bro, keep up the work and much luck with whatever you decide.

here is the link to that grow
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/mwd-harems-hideout.53696/

:cigar:Z

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Wade Garrett posted pretty spectacular comparison facts in the last couple pages of my caged thread on the subject.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/caged.57456/page-17
Thanks for the link, he did a spectacular job.

no problem man, i just didnt want you to spend $ on something that might not work out for you. Also, 1000w SE fixtures are great. if you already have a set up of 4, i wouldnt ditch those to upgrade, even if you had the right specs. DE bulbs are good, but not good enough to replace an existing room. I would focus on hitting gpw all day with the set up you have. Sounds like a nice spot bro, keep up the work and much luck with whatever you decide.

here is the link to that grow
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/mwd-harems-hideout.53696/

:cigar:Z

Thanks for looking out speaks volumes about you.

MWD did a awesome job .

tags420

tags420

Growers house did a test with the phillips, gavita, hortilux, and the AC DE reflector. They did spectal readings of each and their PAR footprints over a 4x4. Numbers show it pretty good...and that ACDE is pretty legit to incorporate DE bulbs into a normal/non-commercial setup.

Top Bottom