Gavita pro 600 / LEP 300 PLASMA test

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
No heat issues but then it in a dr150 on it's own with an 8inch fan blowing thru it.

But what I will be doing is running the 8 inch straight out of the tent via filter. Then I think that just a small td100 fan to suck air from base of tent and push it thru the LEP and out over the open 600w to help cool that. As when we tested the LEP in the shop there was no heat coming out of the exhaust.

My ideas will make more sense once the tent is fully installed and finished.

The plants are now being pinched and lstd. I will veg up until end of oct may be a week or two into November.

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Can't wait for the grow show herb, I know you grow your plants without any stress during the veg and pre flower stage as we all know this makes a great difference to final yield. Interesting to see how these lights are setup, peace bro.

G81

T

turfscience

hey Herbal,
i've pulled up a chair to the show....thanks

good luck with the monster lights!
:banana1sv6:

ttystikk

ttystikk

I got a good tour of the Gavita Pro 1000 and the Gavita 300 LEP at my local hydro store. My buddy was showing me his test rig, where he tests many different light and ballast combinations for PAR, brightness, heat buildup, overall efficiency and mutual compatibility issues. My man was mightily impressed with the power, spectrum and the low heat signature of the 300 LEP! As was I- it really does look like daylight. He felt the PAR output was comparable to a 400W HPS setup, only much better spectrum and far lower heat signature.

I'm sub'ed on this thread, I can't wait to see how it grows the girls!

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Certainly these lights might start to change my way of thinking instead of using the trusted sodiums.

G81

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Cheers guys.... Nice pictorial update coming in a bit.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok, so update time.

Plants have been having pure plasma power for a little over a week now.

Have been lsting, bending and pinching. Bending a little too much in places and snapped a KQ and Chemdog D branch, but as this is a scrog run all is good.

Plants look amazing, if i do say so myself. On 3 feeds a day now at 1.2 ec, for 8 mins a feed.

I will be putting plants into final placing over next day and will be interesting to see how the LEP copes with covering right to the edge of the DR150.

All I can say for sure is this, no LED unit of 300w would fill a 1.5m sq tent sufficiently for optimum growth, neither would a single 400w HPS.

I am loving this LEP.

On with the shots.

veglepwe231011_1_.JPG

veglepwe231011_2_.JPG

veglepwe231011_3_.JPG

veglepwe231011_4_.JPG

veglepwe231011_5_.JPG

veglepwe231011_6_.JPG

deep buddy

deep buddy

I got a good tour of the Gavita Pro 1000 and the Gavita 300 LEP at my local hydro store. My buddy was showing me his test rig, where he tests many different light and ballast combinations for PAR, brightness, heat buildup, overall efficiency and mutual compatibility issues. My man was mightily impressed with the power, spectrum and the low heat signature of the 300 LEP! As was I- it really does look like daylight. He felt the PAR output was comparable to a 400W HPS setup, only much better spectrum and far lower heat signature.

I'm sub'ed on this thread, I can't wait to see how it grows the girls!

Ok, so update time.

Plants have been having pure plasma power for a little over a week now.

Have been lsting, bending and pinching. Bending a little too much in places and snapped a KQ and Chemdog D branch, but as this is a scrog run all is good.

Plants look amazing, if i do say so myself. On 3 feeds a day now at 1.2 ec, for 8 mins a feed.

I will be putting plants into final placing over next day and will be interesting to see how the LEP copes with covering right to the edge of the DR150.

All I can say for sure is this, no LED unit of 300w would fill a 1.5m sq tent sufficiently for optimum growth, neither would a single 400w HPS.

I am loving this LEP.

On with the shots.

veglepwe231011_1_.JPG

veglepwe231011_2_.JPG

veglepwe231011_3_.JPG

veglepwe231011_4_.JPG

veglepwe231011_5_.JPG

veglepwe231011_6_.JPG

amazing from what i understand the 300 LEP using 1.2 amp @240 is equaling PAR of a 400w eye hort blue mh that uses 2 amps @240!!!! and the spectrum is far better imo and from my hands on exp and the info about the IR being less reduces the actual heat transmitted to the leaf surfaces.

ttystikk we go to the same store. love it there the bargain wall is the best ever.

mad respect to you for this log theherbalizer! subd and rep.

ttystikk

ttystikk

amazing from what i understand the 300 LEP using 1.2 amp @240 is equaling PAR of a 400w eye hort blue mh that uses 2 amps @240!!!! and the spectrum is far better imo and from my hands on exp and the info about the IR being less reduces the actual heat transmitted to the leaf surfaces.

ttystikk we go to the same store. love it there the bargain wall is the best ever.

mad respect to you for this log theherbalizer! subd and rep.

Deep buddy, you said you have hands on experience with this light? I wish I could afford the thing, it's way outta my price range. If it comes down by even half, I'm jumpin' on it. If they asked me what I REALLY want though, I'd have to say I want a remote light instead of the one piece setup, I want 1000 watts of output, and the ability to design my own hood for it. I'm tired of people insisting on square hoods for round light distribution. My two cents...

I built my whole setup from their bargain wall, craigslist and the habitat for humanity store, lol

I'd give you more respect, Herb, but it sez I gotta spread some around first. So I am.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Feed scheme.

All plants in Canna Coco pro plus. During veg they are dripped 3 x per lights on. 2 drippers per pot.

Drip times are for around 7 mins until a little run off. But not much.

During flower I will increase this to 6 drips of about 4 mins per 12 hours lights on.

So Lights on at 10 with a 4 min drip, drip again at 12, 2, 4, 6 and 8.

Feed is mainly house and garden.

My base ec out of the tap is 0.5 pH 7.1

During veg I start at 20ml / 12 lt bucket of house garden coco a&b each. This gives me ec of around 1.2. I soak my cubes for cuttings at this rate and never go below unless final flush.

I also add to every feed 0.3m/l H&G root excel, 1ml/l multi zym, 0.5ml / l amino treatment rising to 1ml/l in last weeks of veg.

And a little bit of super thrive every now and then, and perhaps some potsil.

I stick with this until around week 2 of flower except I will have increased my base ec feed to 1.4 to 1.6 ec flashing at start of flower. Never really exceeding 35ml of a&b in each 12 lt bucket during whole grow.

At week 3 I will introduce canadian express headmasta and superior potash at 0.5ml / l.

Week 4 I up these to 1ml /l each. And stop root exel in introduce AN humid and fulvic acid at 1ml / l.

Week 5 I stop multizym and start budxl at 1ml / l.

Continue on till mid week 6 when I cut out the headmasta and sup potash and feed with out them for a few days to ensure all pk is leached from the medium.

Then week 7 I lower base ec back to 1.2 stop all additive except bud xl and introduce top shooter, gel or powder. At 0.5 ml /l for one week.

Week 8 stick at 1.2 ec and raise top shooter to 1ml / l. This take ec to 1.8.

Week 9 I cut all feed and go plain water till chop, either 14 or 21 days depending on plant finishing times.

I always add drip clean at 1.2ml / 12 lt bucket.

I used to run beneficials but I find them far from beneficial in drippers, so this time I am not using them and to be honest everything looks better, but that could be down to the plasma.

B

biggs

thanks for the detailed feeding info herb, will come in very useful.

nuttso

nuttso

Hey bro,

really i think you know your shit. But imo flushing coco for more than 7 days is not good. Especially with water. 0.6 ec is minimum if you wan't to reuse. Ro water + mg + base (grand finale)

I think you can get some Sugar Peak Grand Finale in the UK.

http://www.growell.co.uk/sugar-peak-plant-food.html

replace you base with it for the last 14 days.

H&G seems to have alot of K for coco. Gonna test heavy 16 in the near future. They build it like the canna coco line but for ro.

You can innoculate coco with benefical before you plant and use a weekly flush with ACT. Make sure to have some carbs in your food when you innoculate. Here is another good link for you bro:

Happy growing my friend.

peace

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Cheers guys.

Nuttso. I do not reuse my coco. I buy pretty much new everything for each run.

I have experimented loads thru the years with flushing. I have used many flushing compounds, low ecs, vitrasol, molasses etc. And, for me, I like the taste and burn on the 2 - 3 week flush.

Tbh, 2 week is really all I like to do but as I run multi strains and normally have a couple that run a week extra to 12 weeks, and I can of be arsed to make up separate feeds, then they have to get 3 weeks of flush. All good tho, I like the end result.

I have tried the canna coco line a few time and whilst their line up is certainly very comprehensive and if followed will 99 times out of 100 get you the massive yields promised, I just do not like the canna taste. I love house and garden however.

House and Garden are the line that I always revert back to after trying a new one as it works best for me.

Good luck with the heavy line, be interesting to see the results.

I may still introduce the odd bene at points, but just experimenting with out them as I really feel they are not that useful in 100 % synthetic feeding, infact I feel some of the feed probably kills some of the benes off.

All the best bro!

nuttso

nuttso

Phosphorus fertilizer

The benefits of AMF are greatest in systems where inputs are low. Heavy usage of phosphorus fertilizer can inhibit mycorrhizal colonization and growth.
As the soil's phosphorus levels available to the plants increases, the amount of phosphorus also increases in the plant's tissues, and carbon drain on the plant by the AM fungi symbiosis become non-beneficial to the plant (Grant 2005).
A decrease in mycorrhizal colonization due to high soil-phosphorus levels can lead to plant deficiencies in other micronutrients that have mycorrhizal-mediated uptake such as copper (Timmer & Leyden 1980).
wikileaks

It's true that you kill some of the bennis with synthetic feeding. But trichoderma for example will surive and thrive if supplied with humic and fulvic. That's why canna has them in the AB. Check out caps thread about his spores. The nutrient and foliar pack is really interesting. Also silicia helps alot with coco...

you said you tried alot of flushing and finishing compounds. Did you ever try Earth Juice Sugar Peak Grand Finale? If not give it a try...

ttystikk

ttystikk

theherbalizer; is this a nutrient schedule you've used in the past in the same growing conditions, under a different light? I'ts important to know whether you've made any other changes to this run aside from the lighting. Of course how you proceed is up to you, but the best way to test the light's ultimate performance is for it to be the only change.

ttystikk

ttystikk

you can take a look at this link , you must can get something important you want .I bet you must can get something you want.
Samm Baa! (or, Thirty Six = Idiot! for those who don't speak Mandarin) This is not the place to come to sell your products. Besides, we are discussing plasma lighting here, not LED.

ttystikk

ttystikk

hello my friend, i dont post much here anymore but I will definitely be following along patiently awaiting some actual first hand results with these units.

I have been more than intrigued with plasma as a indoor grow light for a long time now and Im glad to finally see gavita styepping up and making something that anyone can buy...to this point its been exclusive to big timers in other indoor industries if I remeber correctly.

In am also veryb interested to see your results with the "commercial" model 600, I have been eyeing the 1000w for a minute now...

I think that for the 12kw room i have planned with a huge AC they would be perfect. How many of the 600's are you testing, and how many of the plasma's???

are you going to test them completely seperate, or as a mixed spectrum across the room???

best of luck and thanks for sharing, nothing beats first hand experience ;)

guerilla

I'm waiting for an affordable 1000W class Light Emitting Plasma, with remote ballast. That would be a worldbeater. HINT, HINT? Anyone out there listening? lol

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
Interesting nute line-up Herb, I'm gonna switch to H&G, just 1 litres to try them. Taste is very different to the canna line up?
Plants look super healthy!

Peace

G81

Latest posts

Top Bottom