Gavita pro de 1000

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

This sounds awesome- I found the Gavita de setup for sale on Google for around $460.00, so with any luck they're having a price war.

Even at $600, they're still comparable to a top of the line sealed hood, digi ballast and digi (but still ANSI S52 compliant) bulb. And either of the de fixtures will produce almost twice the effective lumen output of a conventional magnetic ballast, sealed hood arrangement. That's not quite apples to apples, but it's a reasonable approximation- and of course once lumen depreciation and bulb replacement is figured in, their ongoing price to value of ownership is among the best in the industry.

slumdog80

slumdog80

Grow light express has the gavita 1k's @ 460.00. They offer free shipping
for a big order or 100$ flat shipping rate.

I found the Epapillion's for 550.00 if I do a big order with free shipping.
I am still on the fence about what which way I am going to go.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

So does anyone know how the e-paps and gavitas stack up against each other or are they basically the same?

C

critical

Seriously considering getin a few 600s of these... Just wana make sure there worth the investment.... I did see herbilizer pull 2 kilo basically off of 2 of the 600w gavita and the plasma light in combination with em, in a 1.5 m tent.... So since then iv been curious n lookin for other success story's with em n I gotta say I do keep hearin good things bout em so maybe it's time to take the investment up finally n swallow that bill with a smile knowing what's to come :)

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

That's what I was thinking tk either 6 in 10's or 8 in 7's, how many tons of AC are you running for that room? My buddy replaced 8 adjusta wings with 6 e paps and just kept his 4 ton from before and he said it seems to be cycling about the same. So after going over there and seeing them on full blast and feeling the heat. I could be wrong because I just used my hand under the bulb, and its hard to tell the difference between really hot and really freakin hot, but I don't think the bulb burns any cooler in one fixture to the other. I think the e-paps just allows the bulb and fixture to have more air circulated around and through it, creating less hot spots inside the hood that can't easily be dissipated by your gardens air flow. Overall better engineering. Id expect to see alot more big names jumping on the greenwagon in the near future.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Been looking at these, but they're 2.5x as much cost as a 1000w EYE Hps on a magnetic ballast, and can't be run vertically.

I've heard good things from the grow store, but they get greater markup so I don't take their opinions as objective.

For $2k, I can get 10,000 watts of stacked vertical hps 1000w EYE Hortiluxes, or 4 Gavitas.

No way the Gavitas outproduce that, unless I'm missing something.

tweedy

tweedy

Been looking at these, but they're 2.5x as much cost as a 1000w EYE Hps on a magnetic ballast, and can't be run vertically.

I've heard good things from the grow store, but they get greater markup so I don't take their opinions as objective.

For $2k, I can get 10,000 watts of stacked vertical hps 1000w EYE Hortiluxes, or 4 Gavitas.

No way the Gavitas outproduce that, unless I'm missing something.

From what I've come to understand its not necessarily what it produces that is being heralded, its their lack of degradation to light quality over periods of time. Rebulbing an entire 10 k room every 6 months vs the time you get out of a DE bulb is where the hype seems to be. Otherwise Id be cutting holes in a batwing and calling it good as I know I can hit proper numbers with an open ended 30 dollar shit fixture. Hoods are typically the icing on the cake with these sorts of equipment. More about the long run I think and what it means to your wallet in the end of your growing career.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

They seem best for people with long term plans and horizontal setups, definitely.
Good reply Tweedy.

tweedy

tweedy

So tk, you mind throwing up a sketch, im having a hard time imagining the lights placement on the tables. No rush, just curious.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

So tk, you mind throwing up a sketch, im having a hard time imagining the lights placement on the tables. No rush, just curious.

Hope you don't mine me answering tk, he's basically saying he'll have 2 rows of three 4x8 tables ( so two 24x4 rows) each row will have 5 e-paps overhead 5' from fixture to fixture. Fixtures will also be facing perpendicular to tables so lighting footprints overlap.

slumdog80

slumdog80

Is snapture new? That was the first time I saw them. Fastfit stands are such a ripoff.

I am going to try 10k over seven 4x8's all in one row. I am hoping they can cover 5' 6" , I
think it is doable at least the first 6 months of the lights life.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Here is a link i found for the epaps,http://epapillon.com/,it has technical specs and a basic explanation of how and why their reflector works the way it does.

It seems to be the fixture to beat if you plan to run overhead HID in your garden. I really want to see a single ended 400V 1000W bulb, so it could be hung vertically.

Hank

Hank

I'm on my 3rd grow with the pro 1000 DE. I can't compare it with any other light because this is what I started with.What I do like is how simple it makes everything. I don't have to switch bulbs between veg and flower, the bulbs last for a long time, no RF interference because the fixture and ballast are together. The ballast runs quiet and cool and the reflector is nice and compact.
I really think this light is perfect for someone just starting out because it so simple. That's my 2 cents.
For my 3rd grow I'm using serious seeds motivation, chronic and double dutch.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Yup Phillips engineered possibly the best most efficient bulb to date. Unless your running a shitload of lights I wouldn't expect RF interference. I've ran 30 lights in a residence I've lived in and everything worked fine. Hank, have you ran any MH bulbs for veg before? I was wondering if you could tell me how you feel the DE bulb vegs plants compared to a MH bulb. Even though I've been running Gavitas for one of my rooms, I still veg under Hortilux Blues and then only run gavitas my last week of veg and all of flower. I wish Phillips would engineer a DE MH, hopefully soon.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Not to scale or anything but ya get the idea

Hey tk, wondering how much AC are you packing in your 10 epap room, and how it's working out for you? I'm running a 2 ton split in my 3 gavita room and feel it may be a little much. I'm trying to figure a rough estimate of btu's per DE unit before I upgrade larger spaces to these fixtures.

G

greendarknight

Running these in two separate rooms....

In my personal opinion these are the BEST lights I have ran...period...no debate...

That is a Plasma sitting in the middle of the room...yes...yes...and yes

These ePaps look cool but ill stick to what I know, at least for now...
20130905 184022

Top Bottom