Gavita pro de 1000

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

Keep us informed what you think about the plasma after harvest, if love to run one but I'm going to wait to hear results before I ever drop the coin

G

greendarknight

Keep us informed what you think about the plasma after harvest, if love to run one but I'm going to wait to hear results before I ever drop the coin

I really want to say that this light is phenomenal but I cannot be really sure since I personally, have not ran the100 de's without the plasma in the middle of the room.

I can tell you that, in my opinion, the combination of spectrums is what creates the phenomal results I have experienced. I am finishing up my 2nd runs right now and am very pleased. However, the cost of the plasma is very expensive and only put out around 300w each. Perhaps the right way to expirment would be to run a room without the plasma and then add it in. Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer.

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

No problem, thanks anyways bro. I am a firm believer that the color spectrum of your light source has a significant effect on trichome/resin production and flowering with higher levels of white and blues produces better quality herb. I've heard several people boast claims similar to yours, I'd love to do a side by side with these plasma once my wallet permits, I'd really love to throw two of them over a reef tank!!

N

noone88

I ran dual arc bulbs for three harvests and 70k watts of flowering. Without laboratory testing during all stages of flower, it's too hard to say and very subjective whether or not multispectrum lighting has a noticeable result. I think the what happens with most people is that they are so used to seeing a red flowering room that when you throw in a dual-arc/cmh/plasma into the room, the blues/whites of the light make the trichrome "pop" out, when in reality, they were always there, but harder to see under the reds of the HPS.

I have gone back to all 1k hortilux HPS for flower.

Note, I do veg with 3 blues to 1 red ratio. I also abuse the hell out of the 400 watt CMH bulbs (IMO the best bulb to veg with).

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

I feel it, I do all my inspections after chop under normal light, but who knows. Also I was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to wire an e-pap or gavita on a flip flip to a Agro magnum DE fixture?

B

bakershredhead

Hey guys going to be doing a new build in Nov. Was going to be using Gavita's which I have been using for the last six months but just talked with distributor for the E paps and I think we'll be going with these. Hey TK I thought the ballasts were supposed to run parallel with the tables? I could be wrong though. Each of our rooms are 24'x38' housing 12 4x8 tables with 18kw for each room. We did budget for 24kw but was told we could drop six lights from each room.

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

Hey guys going to be doing a new build in Nov. Was going to be using Gavita's which I have been using for the last six months but just talked with distributor for the E paps and I think we'll be going with these. Hey TK I thought the ballasts were supposed to run parallel with the tables? I could be wrong though. Each of our rooms are 24'x38' housing 12 4x8 tables with 18kw for each room. We did budget for 24kw but was told we could drop six lights from each room.

What did you end up doing?

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

I tried the gavita and the adjusta wings, For a 4x4 (or 4.5x4.5 I run) They both suck, They don't give a very even coverage.But the gavita is noticeably brighter just wont cover a 4.5x4.5 very good in there little hoods. I ended up running all agrotech magnums, There just like the xxxls just not air cooled. They cover very nice. I just got ahold of the agrotech DE hood and plan on putting it up soon. My plan was to do a room half regular bulbs and half gavita all with the same agrtech hoods but sunlight took to long to make the DE hoods. I have a feeling this will be the ultimate open bulb hood, and in the future Im going to get a few more and do a side by side. Hard to get good number with just one hood.
Not at all trying to argue here, to each his own. But i guess we have to take something else into consideration as well. When I'm running og's or taller strains I'm looking to get the max penetration in my canopy, down towards the stem. Ive found that with larger hoods they do a great job at light dispersmaent but don't penetrate very well, so sometimes the trade off is dependent on what one is looking for. example being next run i want to rock 2 gavita 1000 over a 4.5 x 9' area but what I'm really looking for is the lights to get way down to the bottom or further down the plant with significant strength so i can get the most off of each stem all the way down the plant, if i was scrog n then i would look for bigger hoods. That one of the reason i thing grow master still rocks the old school pl hoods, not speaking for him at all, just remember him saying that a while back.Just a little food for thought.

xrob415x

xrob415x

Not at all trying to argue here, to each his own. But i guess we have to take something else into consideration as well. When I'm running og's or taller strains I'm looking to get the max penetration in my canopy, down towards the stem. Ive found that with larger hoods they do a great job at light dispersmaent but don't penetrate very well, so sometimes the trade off is dependent on what one is looking for. example being next run i want to rock 2 gavita 1000 over a 4.5 x 9' area but what I'm really looking for is the lights to get way down to the bottom or further down the plant with significant strength so i can get the most off of each stem all the way down the plant, if i was scrog n then i would look for bigger hoods. That one of the reason i thing grow master still rocks the old school pl hoods, not speaking for him at all, just remember him saying that a while back.Just a little food for thought.

Bro If you rock 2 gavitas over a 4.5x9 area that light will get deep down in there. They are strong!!!! I have a side by side goin and they are getting as deep penetration as my 1000 watt adjust a wings. They are over a 3ft canopy and buds are solid all the way to the bottom. I did perform some mild de leafing thol

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

IMG 20140131 211809
Funny how this thread is titled Gavita DE but the convo is about the E Pap. I just upgraded half of my room with the paps and I can't wait to gather info from a run with them. Here is what they look like hung up today- I could not turn them on because I need to make my own power extension cords. The 10ft ones they came with are not going to cut it.

Delerium

Delerium

View attachment 374374 Funny how this thread is titled Gavita DE but the convo is about the E Pap. I just upgraded half of my room with the paps and I can't wait to gather info from a run with them. Here is what they look like hung up today- I could not turn them on because I need to make my own power extension cords. The 10ft ones they came with are not going to cut it.
Have you used the bio wave before in other grows?

Delerium

Delerium

This will be my second run with a biowave
Is the sound annoying. seemed like an interesting product, I like how they have used it in outdoor fields. I wonder if it will increase yield and or overall well being of plants.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
View attachment 374374 Funny how this thread is titled Gavita DE but the convo is about the E Pap. I just upgraded half of my room with the paps and I can't wait to gather info from a run with them. Here is what they look like hung up today- I could not turn them on because I need to make my own power extension cords. The 10ft ones they came with are not going to cut it.
Wondering what the weight of those lights are?

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

The adjust a wings with the DE bulbs is the way to go if you want the most spread. Thats what we are now doing. The next best spread is the AC/DE from SunLight

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Is the sound annoying. seemed like an interesting product, I like how they have used it in outdoor fields. I wonder if it will increase yield and or overall well being of plants.

The sound can be irritating if I'm in the room working for a while. Its the same effect if you were in a room with a table saw constantly running- I might be exaggerating. But for the most part it doesn't bother. As for the weight I'm not sure yet as this will only be my second run with it- and my last run I had root aphids :sour: That being said- I still pulled 1.5 a light. We'll see what I pull without root aphids this time. I'm changing so much in my room as of late it's going to be difficult for me to point at the Bio wave in the room and say that it made the difference. Here's one thing in favor of it- my last CinX plants that were directly around the Bio wave had the most impressive growth.

Wondering what the weight of those lights are?
Really cool thing about the Epap- the are very light weight. The ballast is about the same weight as a lumatek digital.
I took home 11 of these in my Honda civic and they were a breeze to carry around.

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

The sound can be irritating if I'm in the room working for a while. Its the same effect if you were in a room with a table saw constantly running- I might be exaggerating. But for the most part it doesn't bother. As for the weight I'm not sure yet as this will only be my second run with it- and my last run I had root aphids :sour: That being said- I still pulled 1.5 a light. We'll see what I pull without root aphids this time. I'm changing so much in my room as of late it's going to be difficult for me to point at the Bio wave in the room and say that it made the difference. Here's one thing in favor of it- my last CinX plants that were directly around the Bio wave had the most impressive growth.

Really cool thing about the Epap- the are very light weight. The ballast is about the same weight as a lumatek digital.
I took home 11 of these in my Honda civic and they were a breeze to carry around.

If weight is a concern the DE Adjust a Wings are gonna be your best bet by far.

Top Bottom