Gavita pro de 1000

• Thread starter HookedonPonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

If weight is a concern the DE Adjust a Wings are gonna be your best bet by far.

I'm not that impressed with the light penetration on an adjust-a-wing. And to be honest, I think I might like the foot print of a gavita more than my e-paps but I could not pass up the claim that the bulb would last two years operating @ >95% luminosity.

One of the hydro shop owners I know recently confessed to me that sunlight supply allows distributors to make more money selling a-wings than most other hoods they offer. Fwiw

AlwaysSunny

AlwaysSunny

I'm not that impressed with the light penetration on an adjust-a-wing. And to be honest, I think I might like the foot print of a gavita more than my e-paps but I could not pass up the claim that the bulb would last two years operating @ >95% luminosity.

One of the hydro shop owners I know recently confessed to me that sunlight supply allows distributors to make more money selling a-wings than most other hoods they offer. Fwiw

I just confirmed with my guy who owns a Hydro shop and he says that is not true.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

i dig the spread and use of cross lighting with the Epaps. the Gavita is a bit less as wide, not by much though. Ive talked to numerous reps from Gavita, Epap, and DGS (Epap distributor) these hoods were designed for the bulbs they use. the penetration of plants comes from the side angles. Gavita and Epap are the same unit just with a different hood design. I feel Epaps are superior only because of the way they release heat. it does not entrap in the hood and moves to the top of the room more efficiently. this makes it way easier to control an environment and reduce ur AC use, well if u have the correct ceiling height that is...

i have not run the DE bulbs with Adjust a wings. i dont understand why one would do so when you can get an all in one unit that was designed specifically to run that bulb at max efficiency.

anyways, off subject, anyone know why or heard anything about Philips dropping out of their partnership with Gavita? for those who dont know, Gavita has been around for 10+ years, theyve been killing it in agriculture for years. Philips designed a bulb best for cultivation,but they were designed to run on 440v - which the US does not have on a residential level. So Gavita went back to work with philips to design a ballast that would run the DE bulb @ 240v, which then hit the US market. Just recently, Gavita mentioned to me that they will be using Gavita bulbs in all their units now, for Phillips opted out their partnership... so just wondering if anyone has heard why? i was told a generic answer, but was wondering if there was more to the story.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I've heard that phillips are considering stopping manufacture of the bulb that epap and gavita use. Don't know why though

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Gavita has been very quiet lately for sure,they were supposed to introduce the new 750DE and their new controllers feb 1st but nothing so far.Also like baba says philips and epap may be in bed together,who knows but unless they already have something better it wouldnt make much sense to not provide the DE bulb to whoever wanted to use it.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

ushio already has one out, so does digilux or something cheap...the bulb will be marketed by most companies by end of the year...

The epapillon manual specifically states to only use the phillips green bulb. I wonder how the new bulbs will affect warranties

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

The Epap is supposed to run cooler than the Gavi's...my next room is goin to be (10) Epaps over (6) 4x8 tables scrog'd, 2 rows of three tables and lights on 5' centers, mounted perpendicular to the tables. My rooms are 11'x30'. I think you still need the same 30"+ inches from the canopy tops

I'd love to see this by the way. It sounds like where I'm headed. Interested in how you plan to irrigate all those tables

lollipopman

lollipopman

How close can you have the gavitas from your canopy set on 600 also what kind of foot print does it cover? @GR33NL3AF are y'all going to do a par test set at 600. I'd like to run 2 gavitas over a 4x4 tray since I have 8ft ceilings

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

How close can you have the gavitas from your canopy set on 600 also what kind of foot print does it cover? @GR33NL3AF are y'all going to do a par test set at 600. I'd like to run 2 gavitas over a 4x4 tray since I have 8ft ceilings
Probably wont be testing the 600 anytime soon, I will make a request. At 24" I would say it properly covers a 3x3. Two of them over a 4x4 may be a bit much but I've heard of people doing it..

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
The new 750 your talking about. I can't get til January any thoughts thanks guys. M

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

They are available M,should not have to wait unless somethings changed in the last week,pm sent.

vangs

vangs

Gavita doesn't have weight specs, my 600w gavitas are lighter than just the daystar reflector

what distance do you keep your gavitas from the canopy? i normally use the 1000x fixtures and keep them around 28in this is my first run with 600s and cannot figure out how high to put them

DrFever

DrFever

But you are impressed with the epaps ?? i know this is a old thread revived but i just had to i know few growers that use epaps and to be honest there not stacking up Remember these are designed NOT as stand alone fixtures but rather suplimental lighting
There why n the hell would any one even bother unless there looking again for suplimental lighting
i believe billyboat ??? has like 10,000 watts of epaps which when we talked pm i believe he was giving them one more shot before hucking them in the garbage and replacing them with nanolux 1215 watters DE from out discussion they he is seeing they appear to be even out yielding the Gavita;s

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

But you are impressed with the epaps ?? i know this is a old thread revived but i just had to i know few growers that use epaps and to be honest there not stacking up Remember these are designed NOT as stand alone fixtures but rather suplimental lighting

Ya know man heres my two pennies on the paps. First off the only thing that sucks about the pap is that the hood spits out light at a horizontal angle that more often than not will light your wall as opposed to your canopy. I've managed to pull 2.25 a light from a room full of paps but that was with my sativa dominant Headband cut that will outyield anything I've ever had. It can be done but it's not an easy learning curve to set up a room full of paps and yield off them. I have another room of Gavi's and they are much easier to direct light onto the canopy and ultimately work with. One good thing about the pap though; if you have low ceilings and you want to run DE hoods/ballasts you are better off with a pap than a Gavi. I've done infrared temp tests on my canopy in the same room with paps and Gavis and the canopy under the pap was about 9 degrees cooler. The heat lamp effect is much easier to manage because of the hood design. If I had to go back I would invest in all Gavitas but it depends on what the grower wants to do with them and how the room is setup.

I will say this though...
Right now the papillon people are a headache to deal with on returns- I had four ballast shut down after a year of service and it took them almost 2 months to repair them. After hanging the papillon and running it for 48 hours the thing just shutoff again (after being repaired) and now it's sitting on my floor. Another ballast I got back from them was not properly screwed tight so now the lamp portion of the papillon wiggles around a bit. Stay away from this company till they get their shit straight IMHO.

Top Bottom