Gavitaville

• Thread starter Rick James
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rick James

Rick James

Just got done building a 20x20 flowering room and a 10x10 veg room. Went ahead and bought 6x1000w de Gavitas. Only problem that i'm running into now is that i have plenty of space and not enough lights. I'm over my budget already and was thinking and possibly running my 6 lights in one room till I can afford more equipment. I already have a 3 ton mini split to cool them off. My question is that how many more lights do you guys think i can fit in each room. Keep in mind i'm gonna leave room to walk around and shelf for nutrients and my water reservoirs. Also do Gavitas need an MLC box if i have the
Gavita Master Controller - EL2?

This is my first room and i'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Rick James

Rick James

IMG 2735
IMG 2735
IMG 2737
IMG 2735
IMG 2736
IMG 2737

IMG 2739
IMG 2740
IMG 2741
Calixylon

Calixylon

Lucky mofo, i dream of someday being able to grow more than my personal.

Why dont you throw 4 1000 into the flower, and 2 into the veg room just to get things rolling, then once your on budget continue adding more Gavitas. Or throw all 6 into the flower room, and look into some MH or T5 although a room that big, MH would probably be the best and cheapest i would imagine.

What are you working with that will be ready to be flipped into flower?

Also i think in the Gavita threads theres a pretty accurate light layout of how many lights per sq ft you can fit into a room without frying shit.

Rick James

Rick James

I think i'm just gonna do 4 in flower and two in veg like u said. I'm still learning everything so i should start small.
I'll be starting with some clones from Harborside if you are familiar with them. Thinking about going with some girl scout cookies.
I just emailed gavita and waiting for them to send me a layout for my lights.
Is any0ne using Heavy 16?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I'd do all 6 in the Flo room, and veg in there, until your able to get some money then add some in the veg.
The el2 will control the lights without anything else. Question is will it run the flower at 12 and the veg at 18, if it did that'd be awsome.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

Nice garage Rick. You won't need another controller with the EL2 but you will need power 15 feet or less from each unit.

Some of mine are on both the EL2 plus a timer relay controller, which allows me to dim certain units separately from the rest. With just the EL2 they must all be set the same.

The timer only works in sync or inverse between 2 rooms, on the same time schedule. Also if you dim one room you dim both, same for the sunrise/sunset mode.

Last edited:
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Nice garage Rick. You won't need another controller with the EL2 but you will need power 15 feet or less from each unit.

Some of mine are on both the EL2 plus a timer relay controller, which allows me to dim certain units separately from the rest. With just the EL2 they must all be set the same.

The timer only works in sync or inverse between 2 rooms, on the same time schedule. Also if you dim one room you dim both, same for the sunrise/sunset mode.

Great info here!

Rick James

Rick James

Looks like ill be using all 6 for now then. I already have the EL2 but what about the ECMs? Do you use that for your C02 and dehumidifier? Thanks guys for all your info I really appreciate it. Ill start posting more pictures as i progress.
One Love

Rick James

Rick James

AC is finally up and running, lights are also up. Electrical is all done. Now just gotta finish up the plumping work, hang up the can filter and find me some nice clones and ill be off to the races. Ended up just doing 4 in flowering room and 2 veg. I'm not very experienced and figured i better start small and work my way up.

IMG 4010
IMG 4011
IMG 4012
IMG 4011
IMG 4014

Calixylon

Calixylon

So what clones do you have on deck? I assume your operation is geared up for production as opposed to pheno hunting through some seed packs. You have mother's youve been working with, or is this your first grow, or your first actual room?

Rick James

Rick James

So what clones do you have on deck? I assume your operation is geared up for production as opposed to pheno hunting through some seed packs. You have mother's youve been working with, or is this your first grow, or your first actual room?

This is my first grow! I've helped lots of my friends before with their grows but never had my own, so i'm very excited! I don't have anything lined up as of now. Was thinking about doing Girl Scout Cookies. I was thinking about driving to Harborside in OK and pick up some clones. What are your thoughts?

Top Bottom