GDP, 4K Lights, 1st Diary

• Thread starter haze1son
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haze1son

I just built a new room about 12'x9' (odd shape). I am running 4 1000w hps. Been doing flood trays for a couple years but I think this is my last go with trays(dreams of UC) so I figured I better step it up and finally make a diary.
I have been running the garbage GH line since I started growing but I finally am convinced this crap is holding me back and decided to switch to something better. I started this grow with GH for veg and am going to switch to H&G coco A & B at transition after a good flush. I will keep running Roots excel like always(good stuff) for the first two weeks of flower but will also be running a few AN additives and DM zone.
I should also add that this is my first run with coco. Ive been using rockwool cubes with success but wanted to try coco because I have heard good things(happy so far). I am about a month into veg. I usually only veg a couple of weeks and flip. Ran into some issues that wouldnt allow me to this time(not plant related). So now I have these oversized plants and I am not sure what I should do. These things are gonna stretch way to close to my lights. I know I can use bushmaster or phosoload but that shit is costly and doesnt always stop them in their tracks. Any suggestions? If I chop now, will it hurt me later if I dont wait a week or two to begin flowering? Any help appreciated.
I will be posting pics shortly.

Phone 278
Phone 289
Phone 290
Phone 292
Phone 298
H

haze1son

I will try to post some more current pics soon. I havent had time as I have been working to restore these to good condition and cut clones. also working on another room(trying to convince partner to go UC).

Y

Yodas Master

I will try to post some more current pics soon. I havent had time as I have been working to restore these to good condition and cut clones. also working on another room(trying to convince partner to go UC).

Looking good my friend..Looks like you have this mastered...why switch?

H

haze1son

I think I can get more yeild with a better system. Also I am gettin kind of bored with it. Gotta keep getting One Step Higher. Steppin it up is my curse.

H

haze1son

Back to work...

Just thinned these girls out and took a few trays of babies. I cant believe how much leaf came off these heffas. These girls are so green and shiny, the pics dont do them justice. I am seriously considering topping them tomorrow. I have never topped this late in the game but I think I will do a little experimenting. I dont think it will be a problem but it might delay me from flowering. I guess we will see.

Phone2 105
Phone2 100
Phone2 092
Phone2 098
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looking good! May want to drop the zone with coco. Not sure that is really ideal for coco.
Try to keep the day/night temps as close as possible when you flip to flower. That will help to keep the stretch down.

In my experience, GDP is not a huge stretcher so you may be fine on height.

-Lead

2DogWalker

Awesome man,
I am here for the show, hope you let us see them finish out.

I am trying to develop a plan for my next expansion from soil, and am leaning towards tables similar to what you are operating. Who knows though, maybe I'll get a UC for christmas lol...

Thanks for the show man.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what is the garbage GH line out of curiousity?

I have grown nothing but fire with the 3 part for many years with very few additives

do you have a ppm meter?

and for what its worth if your gonna use house n garden you should just stick with their line the first time - you can use something other then the shooting powder and be careful with the top booster - that shite is hot

H

haze1son

Looking good! May want to drop the zone with coco. Not sure that is really ideal for coco.
Try to keep the day/night temps as close as possible when you flip to flower. That will help to keep the stretch down.

In my experience, GDP is not a huge stretcher so you may be fine on height.

-Lead

I was recommended zone by someone to fix/protect from root rot. Let me explain myself. This is my first run using 4'x8' tray, I usually use 4'x4'. So when I built the stand for the 4'x8' I did not know these trays sag. Needless to say it sagged alot and some of my plants were sitting in a puddle of nutes that would not drain until I was equipped to deal with the problem. Once fixed, I noticed that some of the roots had what looked like root rot(not sure because I have never had it before, but it didnt look right). So I trimmed all the dead root and flushed and went back to vegging as normal. I havent seen any signs of unhealthy plants or roots but I do not want to take my chances. What would you recommend instead of zone when using coco?
Thanks for the tips on keeping strech down also. Knowledge much appreciated. In your experience, what kind of yielder is GDP? Is it as bad as I've heard?

H

haze1son

Awesome man,
I am here for the show, hope you let us see them finish out.

I am trying to develop a plan for my next expansion from soil, and am leaning towards tables similar to what you are operating. Who knows though, maybe I'll get a UC for christmas lol...

Thanks for the show man.

Dont feel bad, Santa didnt bring my UC either. The Big Fat Jerk ate all my cookies though!

H

haze1son

what is the garbage GH line out of curiousity?

I have grown nothing but fire with the 3 part for many years with very few additives

do you have a ppm meter?

I have used GH and had much success also. But buddies of mine who use AN and recently H&G have constantly outperformed me. One friend with an almost identicle setup took clones I gave him and had better yeild and quality than me. Also they have a much cleaner res and more stable ph than me meaning they do less work. By garbage I mean that is what is left all over my res, in my trays, and in my pumps. That shit has even clogged more than a few airstones. So I finally decided to at least try something else for myself. Thanks for your opinon though. I am always looking for more knowledge and other points of veiw.
oh yeah, I do have a ppm meter. I use the trimeter and its awsome. I would recommend it to anyone.

and for what its worth if your gonna use house n garden you should just stick with their line the first time - you can use something other then the shooting powder and be careful with the top booster - that shite is hot

Appriciate the tips bro. keep them coming. 1-hunnid

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
my first (and so far only) run with HG my yield went down almost 15% and my buds werent as sugary as Im used to

I think that top booster torched them pretty bad and I went half strength

I did notice different flavors in the starins I been growing for days, not sure I would say it tasted better though

W

woody420

Hey bro how many girls can u fit in a 4x8 tray with the 8in cocotek pots/// thanks man

H

haze1son

Hey bro how many girls can u fit in a 4x8 tray with the 8in cocotek pots/// thanks man

Hey Woody I got yer PM, just havent had time to reply. As far as how many you can fit, it depends on size of plants and other factors. I will PM you with more details later. Sorry for the lag, I really gotta get my shit together. hehe

singlespeed

singlespeed

Nice work, they're looking good. My setup is very similar to yours. 10x10 room, 4 x 1000 lamps, and GDP. I just started about two weeks ago. How many plants are you running? How tall are they at week 4, 20+ inches?

I use the 3 part GH and it works for fine me. The only thing I would be will to switch for is the organic formula but I hear it's thick and a pain to deal with.

W

woody420

Hey Woody I got yer PM, just havent had time to reply. As far as how many you can fit, it depends on size of plants and other factors. I will PM you with more details later. Sorry for the lag, I really gotta get my shit together. hehe

I was shooting at flipping the girls at around 8''-12'' or so topped and lower half pruned. no big deal on the lag man just an idea i have on a new room that im working on seams that you could help me out with this. im running 8 600watt lights 2 600watts over each 4x8 table.

H

haze1son

Nice work, they're looking good. My setup is very similar to yours. 10x10 room, 4 x 1000 lamps, and GDP. I just started about two weeks ago. How many plants are you running? How tall are they at week 4, 20+ inches?.

I have 36 plants which is the legal limit for 6 patients on a co-op garden. They are about 18" right now. They would be a little taller having vegged this long(I usually dont) but I had some issues early on that prevented them from reaching full potential. Is this your first GDP grow?

I use the 3 part GH and it works for fine me. The only thing I would be will to switch for is the organic formula but I hear it's thick and a pain to deal with.

I have used the floranova before and it works well. Although you do have to be sure to mix that shit up alot. It can be a pain in the ass. I find that after mixing the shit out of it, if I use a couple small sub pumps in my res just to stir, I dont have any problems. That can be hard though if electricity is an issue or if you already have problems keeping res cool. Worked for me though. If you do decide to use it then you may have to stay on top of ph more than usual. My ph was all over the place and wasnt using any additives besides roots excelurator.

H

haze1son

I was shooting at flipping the girls at around 8''-12'' or so topped and lower half pruned. no big deal on the lag man just an idea i have on a new room that im working on seams that you could help me out with this. im running 8 600watt lights 2 600watts over each 4x8 table.

If you plan on keeping them that small then you could go as much as 32 per tray(4x8). really depends on strain though, and how much they stretch. I have had the most success with scrog in this system. If you flip at only 12" then I would put your trellis right above them when you flip and let them stretch through it. Like I said, depends on strain though, some will need screen much higher. If that makes any sense?

In mine I am running 9 plants each in the 4'x4's and 18 plants in the 4'x8'.

Top Bottom