gdp big bud mk star

• Thread starter bagseedwndrs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

The taller one is big bud. i grew some big bud last summer from same batch of seeds and one of the out door plants had football sized colas. So im holding on to those beans. the smaller one is gdp . now im not too sure on the genetics of the gdp but i know the buds were very light green with really dark green leaves . No purple spots on it at all. so ill be looking for those traits once it flowers. once the mk star getts bigger ill put up photos of all three.

Gdp big bud mk star
Gdp big bud mk star 2
bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

So i woke up this morning expecting my big bug to have shown a bit of growth. i open up da door and look at my plants and find that my plant had been eaten. damn bugs. oh well the gdp and mk star are ok.

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Well the gdp burneed up too. damn i wasted two now. so i have re done the same strrains one from gdp and one from mk star. I need to say that i dont know the fathers genetics only know what bud i got seed from. Which means i only know the female ( i might be wrong correct me if i am.) Anyways the plants are much bigger sooner thaanks to 3 60 watt cfls 2700 lumens. I found spider mites and thrips have taken overr composst. utso i pulled em very carefully. they were young so root was small it was easy and qik put them in water. ok theyre safe. i grab spideermited pots gas and a lightter and i burned them in my backyard. i think it was a bit too much now. anyways it been 2 or 3 days and not one mite!!!!! Fuck yes. or thrip dbl f yes. The plants look much stronger bigger and greener with addition of 2 more cfls 4 days ago. and with pests gone im sure these girls / boys lovee me already.

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

At first i only had one cfl then i added two more. i got those lights as close as i can without burning the babys. heres the gdp ima use my thumb so you guys can see difference from first run to this 2 nd run ( i will not fail or burn this time)

CAM00268
bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

What's up @bagseedwndrs I WAS JUST STOPPING BY TO POP A SEAT AN ENJOY WATCHING YOUR GROW! AN I WANT TO SEND YOU SOME GOOD VIBES ON YOUR GROW!

Yea,subbed,good luck!76
yeah im going to need luck and vibes thanks guys. well their starting to show purpleish under leaves. I think it might have to do with how cold it gets at night. heater time! or i could throw some bong hits in there to warm them baby's up.

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Looks like a minor humidity issue to me. I had a similar change when my plants weren't asperating correctly due to lack of fresh air and low RH. Whats your RH? Also do you have any hot spots?
I did some research it might be mag diff. no hot spots im using cool to touch bulbs. also since i bet u cant tell in pic but stems are starting to get a redish purplish color and those first true ganj leaves( the single blade leaves) were both purple on veins and underside. It hella cold at night too. idont know what rh means but ill look it up and get back to you.

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Looks like a minor humidity issue to me. I had a similar change when my plants weren't asperating correctly due to lack of fresh air and low RH. Whats your RH? Also do you have any hot spots?
Yupp buddy my girls arent getting fresh air sincethey sprouted. And the relative humidity inside is low if i had to guess. If i spritz leaves with water would it repair it? Or im sure its an inexpesive way to humidity up?

bigjay420

bigjay420

When RH is too low, it won't allow your plants to exchange air properly. You need to get a handle on humidity, especially at this early stage where it REALLY matters. I used to grow in a closet with a 600w hos, so I know a few things about fighting RH issues.

A foliar feed of Epsom salt ($3 at dollar store) will fix your humidity (short term) and mag deficiency. But if you need to raise RH, you can wet a towel... Ring it out (no water dripping)... hang it next to (not touching) your light. Just keep the towel moist. And make sure to change the towel out every couple of days, so no bacteria has time to form. Also, DO NOT do this after bud production begins, as too much humidity during flower can cause bud rot.

Mix the salt at a table spoon per gallon of warm water. Shake it well so all the salt dissolves, then spray.

You can also water with the Epsom mix to better address your mag deficiency.

Last edited:
bigjay420

bigjay420

Btw. Something as simple as an open cup of water under the light will raise RH. I use the KISS grow method. It means... "Keep It Simple Stupid." Just because something is super easy, doesnt mean its ineffective.

bagseedwndrs

bagseedwndrs

Btw. Something as simple as an open cup of water under the light will raise RH. I use the KISS grow method. It means... "Keep It Simple Stupid." Just because something is super easy, doesnt mean its ineffective.
Ok so i just sprayed em wit water ima get a two small cups of water and put directly under and /or next to babys. should i get a wet towel too? yes kiss method sounds great for me. ill get epsom salt asap.

Last edited:
bigjay420

bigjay420

Ok so i just sprayed em wit water ima get a two small cups of water and put directly under and /or next to babys. should i get a wet towel too? yes kiss method sounds great for me. ill get epsom salt asap.
No towel yet. See how the cups affect RH. Might be overkill. You need to get an RH meter, soon. At least get a thermometer that reads humidity levels. Not monitoring RH and PH are the 2 worst mistakes a new grower can make.

Latest posts

Top Bottom