Gdp Vs. Urkle Vs. Grape Ape... Same Plant??

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
noodles

noodles

here's the cut i had as "grape ape" tiny little thing-
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

where does the pnw purple indica fit in to this mystery? i've read it is the mother of purples, it seems to be the tightest held, it looks the purest imo.

william76

william76

I was under the impression the salmon creek big bud was made by a member here,i dont want to name them but they had to work it a bit first,i think they lived near salmon creek,id love to get some seeds of it but i think there long gone.76

Krypto

Krypto

Yep got the cut from Bay Area Hayward to be exact, replace my moms every year so the cut prop gets watered down a lil bit after 17 years but she still gives me 2 a light
I lived in Redwood City, San Jose, and Sunnyvale between 98 and 04 GDP was the first strain that we got try miss it out there big time!
Have you been able to make any crosses? We live in the midwest now not Michigan either :-( it's going to hurt to get good genetics where we're at it at the moment. Anyway, it's thinks the guys like you that we still have these heirloom Classics that because of the OG Kush / Girl Scout cookie Hype people seem to have forgotten. We also had the Cali-O, some chemdog strain, and another one that we just called Frosted Flakes. Good Times!

559greenthum

559greenthum

IMG 1979
I lived in Redwood City, San Jose, and Sunnyvale between 98 and 04 GDP was the first strain that we got try miss it out there big time!
Have you been able to make any crosses? We live in the midwest now not Michigan either :-( it's going to hurt to get good genetics where we're at it at the moment. Anyway, it's thinks the guys like you that we still have these heirloom Classics that because of the OG Kush / Girl Scout cookie Hype people seem to have forgotten. We also had the Cali-O, some chemdog strain, and another one that we just called Frosted Flakes. Good Times!
Krypto if your ever around Cal i.e. Hit me up got a cut for you no never crossed it just the same old GDP tastey as ever did not want to mess with perfection lol see ya all in the funny papers :)

Krypto

Krypto

View attachment 687472
Krypto if your ever around Cal i.e. Hit me up got a cut for you no never crossed it just the same old GDP tastey as ever did not want to mess with perfection lol see ya all in the funny papers :)
NICE! That's just...how it's done. And absolutely on the offer. I would love to see M.I.R.V. @slim'S again great band. Great bar. Great Medicine. WHY did I ever move.lol

KronicSour

KronicSour

That video takes away brain cells from anyone that watches it. As if it's not hokey enough with his retarded spiel the horrible content then degrades into a shameless marketing ploy for some even more retarded-ed rap cd. Fucking hilarious. Boo, horrible.
Holy fuck boys!! Yeah he doesnt have a clue lol

Krypto

Krypto

Holy fuck boys!! Yeah he doesnt have a clue lol
Wwwhhhhaaat...is he talkin..? .F. it!
" See you in the funny papers"
A phrase used in place of " See you tomorrow" " See you later" etc. It was used early 20th century up to around WWII era. ( yes I Googled the timeline)
John Goodman's character Big Dan says it in O' brother where art tho.
Somebody please tell me I am wrong. This is messin' me up. I'm just too high; -)

KronicSour

KronicSour

Wwwhhhhaaat...is he talkin..? .F. it!
" See you in the funny papers"
A phrase used in place of " See you tomorrow" " See you later" etc. It was used early 20th century up to around WWII era. ( yes I Googled the timeline)
John Goodman's character Big Dan says it in O' brother where art tho.
Somebody please tell me I am wrong. This is messin' me up. I'm just too high; -)
Want some gopher Everett?

Srenots

Srenots

View attachment 590291

This was a bed full of all the different Purples I grew out side by side back around 04/05...I grew Urkle (aka The Purple), Grandaddy Purple, Grape Ape, Bridgeville Black Afghan, Nepalean Purple, Purple Nepal, Tuity Fruity Purple, Pakistani Purple Kush, among others...a lot of the 'names' were the same cuts...but Grandaddy Purple, Tuity Fruity Purple, and Grape Ape were all different. The Grape Ape was the biggest and GDP always seemed kinda 'meh' compared to Urkle. Their differences were more apparent when grown outdoors in full sun long season as that's when the plants reached their full potential.

Most all of what @WeirdWentPro says is true...or at least same I've heard over the years. There's some weirdness about the Mendo Purp's story...I've heard the same story he tells but that comes from Les (RIP) and it doesn't fit with the popular Mendo Purple cut that Jason Kings girlfriend at the time sprouted around Y2K. I'm guessing it's 2 different Mendo Purps?

Grandaddy Purple is Purple Urkle x Salmon Creek Bigbud as Weird said...and there's no fantastic backstory on Salmon Creek Bigbud's heredity...Chris (RIP/MIA) smuggled 50 Sensi Bigbud seeds back from Amsterdam the year it won the cup...nothing more, nothing less...maybe that's why that info was held close?

As for Grape Ape...I don't believe Bret had anything to do with breeding it...I was under the assumption he merely acquired the cut roundabout Mendocino?

nice...

Top Bottom