Gelato Auto with leaf issue

• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
freezeland2

freezeland2

So I have this Gelato auto that is having issues. The room temp is 78 with an RH of 40%. It’s primarily on the plants top two bud sites. She is sitting under a hlg scorpion Rspec. The par intensity is 750ish over an 18/6 light cycle. She has only been watered with ph adjusted water to 6.3 growing in SOHUM living soil. I do not hand water. She is on a blumat drip irrigation system. There are no pests present in the room and this is the only plant in the room having this issue. I’m looking for ideas as to what the problem is so I can avoid in future grows. I don’t plan to try and correct this issue on this plant as she should finish in the next 2 - 3 weeks. My thoughts are it’s a nutrient deficiency from either depleting the nutrients in the SOHUM or it’s root bound and root rot is setting in. She is quite large and most likely out grew the 5 gallon pot. Could be light stress too, but I doubt that since the other plants are fine. Thoughts?

Gelato auto with leaf issue
Gelato auto with leaf issue 2
Habosabin

Habosabin

It is a deficiency of some sort. Looks like phosphorous or calmag. She looks like she's only two weeks into flower. You could have like 8 more weeks. I'm not familiar with living soil grows so looking for a vet to chime in.

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

First pic is definitely calcium. You should check the medium ph/run off ph.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Add a small does of cal-mag or it may not make it to harvest.

These plants can turn die and bury themselves in such a short time. We just had one here on the forum that in less than 24 hours went from wonderful to "What is that?" It can happen fast.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Kind of looks like some sort of ph issue /lockout. If it's on a drip system the ph will usually climb when allowed yo sit for any amount of time in my experience. I can adjust tap water to 6 let sit for a day then it's back to 7+. That's my thinking. I'll use rain water as much as I can or mix 50/50 rain and tap. My rain water is 6 almost every time fresh out mothers mouth. Lol

20210622 154510
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So it's kinda light related and kinda nutrient related imo.

750ppfd under 18/6 is pushing them extremely hard and imo a little to hard. I would drop to 600ppfd ish. If you were on a 12 hr light cycle would be ok.

They could use a bump in cal definitely.

Long story short they would probably benefit from a light feed with some cal mag and a reduction in the intensity.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

I'm guessing cal/mag/iron possibly judging from the ph intake values and where your setting to 6.3. If I had to guess it's rising up again to 7+ causing a lockout I deficiency. A small dose of calmag with a regular watering of 6ph should help. Let us know!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Remember light drives photosynthesis and nutrient demands. So if the portions with slightly lower light are fine then it's likely it's mostly light I diced deficiency. But some cal mag won't hurt.

Make sure the air flow and humidity is good as that also plays a role in transpiration and thus nutrient uptake.

So the 3 factors involved here (there are more) that drive transpiration are your light intensity, humidity and air flow.

There are 2 pathways for uptake and calcium relies heavily on transpiration

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

Remember light drives photosynthesis and nutrient demands. So if the portions with slightly lower light are fine then it's likely it's mostly light I diced deficiency. But some cal mag won't hurt.

Make sure the air flow and humidity is good as that also plays a role in transpiration and thus nutrient uptake.

So the 3 factors involved here (there are more) that drive transpiration are your light intensity, humidity and air flow.

There are 2 pathways for uptake and calcium relies heavily on transpiration
We should start a show." Plant doctors" with the huge rise in cultivating popularity among everyday people I think it would be a hit! Lol

freezeland2

freezeland2

That Gelato received a reduction in light instensity. I harvester all the top buds which made the light about 12” higher over its remaining canopy, lol.

Steveystrappa

Steveystrappa

I'm almost leaning towards possible phosphorus lockout/deficiency. I had really good results with ff big bloom mixed with a half does of calmag. Equalling about 400 ppm in first month of life. Big bloom will give you that phosphorus and stuff without the large dose of Nitrogen. The calmag with add about 2% Nitrogen calcium and mag I believe. My plants never like high Nitrogen levels

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have to remember what you are seeing is probably a week or 2 old and may already be corrected also.

If you think back did you flush in the last 2 weeks?

Latest posts

Top Bottom